Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I was at PAX. This might be new info: Ken Balough told me that the Battle addon will be paid-for DLC. Yay, they're doing an SADX again!

Also incase it wasn't said yet the game will be on Steam.

And as for how it plays? Well it sure is SA2B, that's for sure!

• Thumbs Up 2

I was at PAX. This might be new info: Ken Balough told me that the Battle addon will be paid-for DLC. Yay, they're doing an SADX again!

Also incase it wasn't said yet the game will be on Steam.

What does the Battle addon have anyway?

I'd guess whatever Battle had that the original Dreamcast game didn't? I can't think of anything off the top of my head, really. I didn't ask for specific details. I think Battle had more 2P maps, hence the whole "Battle" moniker?

Did my research and its pretty much more multiplayer/chao stuff, not really worth buying for me.

So I guess I will be happy by having the "full" game this time around.

Edited by Tmsp

So if you wanna play multiplayer... it's time to pay up basically.

Doesn't the Dreamcast version have multiplayer as well?

Either way I'm not really into multiplayer in those kind of games so having the full single player experience there is already good.

Edited by Tmsp

I kinda thought the Dreamcast version had multiplayer too... unless there's something you're not telling. *eye squint*

Are the Sega games playable at this time? This whole Sega info drought is almost as much torture as Sonic Boom. D:

I am totally of those people who got to go to PAX especially since those who play SA2 will have a chance to win that custom SA2 Astro A40 headset sad.png

Wait, where did you hear that from?

Edited by Burnt Ash

Wait, where did you hear that from?

The Sega Blogs.

Also theres adverts about it all over the Sega booth.

I kinda thought the Dreamcast version had multiplayer too... unless there's something you're not telling. *eye squint*

Are the Sega games playable at this time? This whole Sega info drought is almost as much torture as Sonic Boom. D:

The Dreamcast does have Multiplayer but Battle added more game modes, more levels, that karate chao thingy and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head right now.

I wonder if the Battle add-on will affect the core game in slight ways like SA2:B did.

Before you get excited/correctional, I'm talking things like one of Eggman's space stages needing double the points for an A Rank (or something to that effect).

The Dreamcast does have Multiplayer but Battle added more game modes, more levels, that karate chao thingy and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head right now.

I think they also replaced some dlc characters with the Chao Walkers, as well as used different camera angles in certain cutscenes. They also put in those character themes that were once Dreamcast dlc into the retail version which I thought was pretty cool. I'd like it if they included some of the holiday outfits in this new port!

I wonder if the Battle add-on will affect the core game in slight ways like SA2:B did.

Before you get excited/correctional, I'm talking things like one of Eggman's space stages needing double the points for an A Rank (or something to that effect).

I'm not so sure they would go so far with that stuff. I have mentioned a page or so back that I'd love it if Sega could remap the buttons for the bounce attack and light speed dash to different buttons, but I'm not sure if Sega would invest in anything like that. HDifying the game, making it shiny and adding sleek new life icons is all I imagine they have planned much like how they went about porting other titles like SA1 and Space Channel 5 part 2 (though those ports had much less polish).

Edited by Coral

Soooo basically from what I've gathered in the last page or so, Sega isn't really touching this game. Just porting it over to the current systems and making it widescreen. While also make 'battle' dlc add-on like they did Sonic adventure "dx". Eh I guess they have to make some extra money somehow. Then again this game wont have online multiplayer...will it?

The game will be "Battle" either way. Even in the original Sonic Adventure, all the extra Chao stuff and graphical "enhancements" were still in the game, while the DX add-on just changed the title screen and menus and added a Mission Mode.

Cream the Rabbit made cameos still, and seeing as the code is based on Battle this time, don't expect Big to be in the game at all, even without the DLC. And like DX, the extra Chao stuff will probably also be in the game.

So basically at the very most it'll add a few new maps.

Explain. I'm not aware of any huge gameplay differences but I've read on Sonic Retro's forums before that Sonic runs at a slower speed in one of the versions or something.

So everyone was right to assume this would be a straight port with little to no change. I guess I shouldn't feel surprised. Either way, it'll be nice to play the game again.

Will the Battle DLC remove Big? We don't want that now, do we?

If its anything like the SA port, Big won't be there in the first place because the base will just be SA2:B with the SA2:B exclusive stuff locked.

I haven't even played the Dreamcast original in a long time, but all I can really tell you is that it felt pretty much just like the Gamecube version of SA2B, but played with a PS3 controller (since they were showcasing the PSN version). The only stage they had there was City Escape, though after you beat the stage there was a message about unlocking the full game with one of the buttons or continuing the demo with a different button. I did not want to risk getting in trouble so I opted not to try unlocking the full game in the demo.

For what it's worth, the pause menu has a scoreboard, but beyond that no online functionality was confirmed. I really doubt that 2-Player mode will be online, though.

And not that this needs to be said, but Sonic's model is definitely the same one used in SA2B, and not the current one that was used in stuff like S4E2.

Edited by Shade Vortex

Why is everyone thinking like this?

When SA1 was re-released, it was simply SADX in every way with certain features blocked out. It was the PC/Gamecube game, but with only the Dreamcast content. And when you bought the DLC, the SADX exclusive content was unlocked. It's going to be the exact same deal with SA2. So no, Cosmic Wall will not have the lower A-rank conditions of the Dreamcast original. The character models will be those of the Gamecube port too. It's simple stuff.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Did you get one of those awesome SA2 lanyards for playing the game?

Indeed, I did. I'll be wearing it when I go back to PAX today, which should be shortly. I'm gonna see if I can track down Ken Balough or Aaron Webber today, because they're cool people and nice to talk to. Aaron was over at the All Stars Racing Transformed booth. By the way, the most amusing thing to happen at the Sega booth yesterday: Ken Balough decided to try out All-Stars Racing Transformed and Aaron Webber was talking to him about the game, when suddenly this young kid drops into the conversation and talks about how Gillius' turtle vehicle shouldn't be able to swim in lava because there is no logical sense in it. It came down to Aaron pointing out how a blue Hedgehog who runs fast doesn't make any sense and that it's a game so it doesn't have to make sense.

Edited by Shade Vortex
  • Thumbs Up 1