Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Why are you people so mean? You hate your lives in the real world so you act big on a kid's forum?

Well 90% of us are kids.

i couldn't care less about my age, i still love cartoons, Sonic, kiddy shit, acting like a child, making pillow forts with my partner and waging bedroom wars etc.

you like it, you like it. no one can change that.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd thought a lot of us who hangs out on this forum are teenages and young adults.

Most are from 9-16. The term 'kids' applies to teenagers in their early-mid teens. There are quite a few over that age on here, but not as many from that age range.

Let's not allow this to drift off any further. Time to move back to at hand.

Also, we do not allow any discussion regarding Sonic Adventure 3 on the SSMB until it is officially announced, so let's keep that out of this topic as well, sorry. This was decided some time back.

SA3, please think before you post. Posting "you act high on a kid's forum" or "sonic is for kids" is only going to cause drama and spam. Instead, contribute to the topic at hand. Also, do have a read through the SSMB rules. =)

Edited by Diz
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm looking forward to play the whole games, since I enjoy all gameplays lol

I'm ok with a HD-ish port and nothing more, but I do want SEGA to fix the dialogue sync, even being funny as hell to watch. I also hope for "some" remixed musics and maybe a gallery with concepts, artworks, that's always good to see :)

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Damn it no PS Vita version and here I wanted a portable chao garden guess that dream is over oh well, PC version shall somewhat compensate for that.

You know, something like using Vita as a controller for PS3, XBOX smart glass and the Wii U gamepad would make a VMU screen possible. Some Chao Adventure? Why not?

Shadzter, I already said Ken told me it'd be on Steam. So of course that means it'll be on PC. :P

As for proof for both you and Hogfather, I got a group photo of me, Ken and Aaron.

I think I ran into Sonic Retro homepage writer Bartman3010. Or at least I think that's what he said his username was.

Also, sorry, no extra lanyards. I only have one and I'm keeping it. They were giving out those lanyards to whoever asked, though!

As for proof for both you and Hogfather, I got a group photo of me, Ken and Aaron.

Thankies! But I just did the news story anyway, I think there was enough around to post it without it sounding like I've made it up =p but either way, epic photo!

I think I ran into Sonic Retro homepage writer Bartman3010. Or at least I think that's what he said his username was.

Yup thats the guy!

Also, sorry, no extra lanyards. I only have one and I'm keeping it. They were giving out those lanyards to whoever asked, though!

Sigh, oh well... *looks on ebay and braces himself for the costs* One day... I shall go to pax... and it shall be when Sega give away something amazing!

Also newsd and quoted your report/informations on pax too

Also, for what it's worth, Ken said that the game would probably be around 10 dollars and the DLC would probably be like 2 dollars, and add extra 2P maps and characters that were exclusive to Battle, just as I had guessed.

I believe he said it'll release sometime in October, at the same time as NiGHTS HD. Also, for those who care, the Jet Set Radio HD port is going to be on Vita- SA2B and NiGHTS HD will not be from what he said, though.

I'm not really in favor of the concept of selling Battle as DLC. Especially since it brought many well needed changes and additions to the Chao Gardens. (Stat window, Black Market without the need of an internet connection, Chao Karate, etc)

I enjoyed being able to view my chao's stats when I picked it up in the Gamecube version. When I finally got my hands on a copy of the original DC release years later, I was very disappointed to find out that I couldn't view anything anymore. (Not even its name)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not really in favor of the concept of selling Battle as DLC. Especially since it brought many well needed changes and additions to the Chao Gardens. (Stat window, Black Market without the need of an internet connection, Chao Karate, etc)

I enjoyed being able to view my chao's stats when I picked it up in the Gamecube version. When I finally got my hands on a copy of the original DC release years later, I was very disappointed to find out that I couldn't view anything anymore. (Not even its name)

They know you want it, so what easier way to some money than to charge a small fee to what everyone demands. Though, I would imagine they would probably keep the Chao stats in the main game. The Battle dlc will probably be the addition of Chao karate and possibly the kart racing.

They know you want it, so what easier way to some money than to charge a small fee to what everyone demands. Though, I would imagine they would probably keep the Chao stats in the main game. The Battle dlc will probably be the addition of Chao karate and possibly the kart racing.

What version of the Dark Garden will they use, I wonder? Each iteration of the game (DC/GC) had its own layout.

I fully expect them to go the pure vanilla route for the game, not considering DLC. If its in HD, I'll grab it for PC provided its actually better than running the game in 1080p on Dolphin.

I do own a legal, physical copy of SA2:B, of course.

Edited by Cyalume

I hope the original DLC from the Dreamcast version is in the game - the themes, multiplayer outfits, and extra race tracks.

• Thumbs Up 4

I know I'm in the minority, but I enjoy all three playstyles in this game. I actually have fun in Mad Space and Death Chamber. Sonic/shadow are most definitely the best, but I do enjoy the others too.

I just wish they'd put both Sonic Adventures on the VITA. It would be weird IMO if SA2 becomes vita compatible and not SA1.

Will they put SA2 on Steam for the Mac? I know they are for steam on the pc of course, but I only have a Mac, and i wouldn't mind getting to enjoy some of the inevitable modding too

Edited by Mr.Snarf
  • Thumbs Up 3

Agree with basically everything in Mr.Snarf's post. The Vita ports, the treasure hunting levels, all of it. In particular, I really enjoyed Death Chamber and Aquatic Mine.

I was actually holding out on selling my Vita in the hopes that a 3D Sonic game might be released for it (NOTE: -NOT- Allstars Racing), but I couldn't wait any longer. Too few games, too few reasons to own.

What version of the Dark Garden will they use, I wonder? Each iteration of the game (DC/GC) had its own layout.

I fully expect them to go the pure vanilla route for the game, not considering DLC. If its in HD, I'll grab it for PC provided its actually better than running the game in 1080p on Dolphin.

I do own a legal, physical copy of SA2:B, of course.

It would be amazing if they put the Dreamcast's garden, but seeing as they're doing a somewhat direct port of the Battle version, I think it's safe to say they plan on reusing everything in Battle. Cutscenes and all. Not too sure of that since they're taking the time to put Big back in, but that's my guess.

Not exactly SA related, but I honestly think Sega could make lots of dough if they made a standalone game for smartphones about raising Chao. Considering Sega's recent increased focus on developing games for mobile devices, the popularity of Chao among Sonic (Adventure) fans, and the popularity of raisng virtual pets by casual gamers, making such a game would be shooting fish in a barrel IMO.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have never played SA2 or SA2B so please correct me if I am wrong. So when they released SA2B on the Gamecube all those years ago they removed Big (who isn't a playable character in this game?) from cutscenes and appearances in levels. Now they are bringing Big back and caving into fans demands? Ok fine. We should be able to see all the characters and cutscenes, get the full game of course. So why was Big removed from SA2B when it was released on the Gamecube? Removing some cutscenes does seem strange. Was there an anti-Big movement back then?