Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I don't think they actually removed any cutscenes, just edited them. Especially since Big's cameos were just that - cameos. He didn't have one speaking role and none of the other characters noticed him. He was just there just to be there.

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

I have never played SA2 or SA2B so please correct me if I am wrong. So when they released SA2B on the Gamecube all those years ago they removed Big (who isn't a playable character in this game?) from cutscenes and appearances in levels. Now they are bringing Big back and caving into fans demands? Ok fine. We should be able to see all the characters and cutscenes, get the full game of course. So why was Big removed from SA2B when it was released on the Gamecube? Removing some cutscenes does seem strange. Was there an anti-Big movement back then?

I suppose the Big cameos wouldn't have made a lot of sense for Gamecube owners who hadn't played Sonic Adventure. That's the only reason I can think of. Until DX came along new players wouldn't have known who he was.

• Thumbs Up 5

Off topic: Why am I giggling so hard at Pawn's avatar?

Anyhow, good to hear more announcements. Hope its improved as much as I hoped.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have never played SA2 or SA2B so please correct me if I am wrong. So when they released SA2B on the Gamecube all those years ago they removed Big (who isn't a playable character in this game?) from cutscenes and appearances in levels. Now they are bringing Big back and caving into fans demands? Ok fine. We should be able to see all the characters and cutscenes, get the full game of course. So why was Big removed from SA2B when it was released on the Gamecube? Removing some cutscenes does seem strange. Was there an anti-Big movement back then?

I think you saw Big in cut scenes by pressing a combination of buttons in the cut scene. i think they just removed those combinations. ( I'm not entirely sure)

Kay, so I haven't really been keeping up with this port, but did I read that the Big cameos are being reimplemented? Cause that might make me cave, much as I hate to say it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Behold my epic toitle!

Toitle-1.png

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 2

If I cared, wasn't late, and could draw, I'd have totally done one where Sonic is breakdancing to his doom on the mach speed section while Aaron on the turtle is somewhere in the lava all like D:

Someone draw this!

Yeah urm... people are aware that they're supposed to post these on the Sega forums right? Just to those who have posted them here and only here.

Yeah urm... people are aware that they're supposed to post these on the Sega forums right? Just to those who have posted them here and only here.

I know, I did it just for fun. No way I'm going to make an account in the Sega forums.

I guess people assume we don't need footage of a ten-year-old game? For shame, really. I'd like to observe little things like the textures they're using on billboards and stuff. It'd be awesome if SEGA actually went the extra mile this time and had the billboards in the city levels change depending on whether you're using the add-on or not.

Edited by XD375
  • Thumbs Up 1

I guess people assume we don't need footage of a ten-year-old game?

I however wonder if it's because Sega are cracking down on filming. I find it odd that even Retro who had guys there havn't posted and pics/video (unless the wi-fi at the hotel is that bad).

But consider Segas entire booth so far, the only video I've seen is that Gamespot Nights HD footage, everything else is a photo from either Sega themselves or a random off angle snapshot from random fan.

Consider all the video that came out of PAX East regarding ASRT, theres been nothing for that game so far. Why?

Consider all the video that came out of PAX East regarding ASRT, theres been nothing for that game so far. Why?

Perhaps there's nothing... "Noteworthy"/new to report?

• Thumbs Up 1

That's exactly why I don't understand why people are going gaga over footage. It's just SA2 again, the same game you've been playing for a good few years, except now it's rendered in HD and widescreen. And you'll not really be able to tell from shaky cam footage.

• Thumbs Up 2

Perhaps there's nothing... "Noteworthy"/new to report?

No because people would upload stuff regardless, people just like to film themselves playing games at these events. Also we've not yet seen how SA2 actually runs yet on the new systems, ASRT is beta/alpha which whilst I'm not one of these people, there are some who like to see that kind of stuff which is why I'm surprised there has been nothing at all so far.

Also lets not forget this is the first time Sega have shown off the SA2 re-release, that alone would be note worthy for a lot of people.

• Thumbs Up 3