Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

motion blur gives the effect that he is.

What motion blur? I don't see what you are talking about.

*not trolling*

If all of you are winning it really wasn't much of a contest huh?

Anyways, so whats this download code for? console or PC?

It's console, but I have asked if Steam is possible instead. And of course it's not much of a contest. It was simply "first 10 people to post a picture of Aaron Webber riding a turtle through lava win a code for SA2", which was later changed to include many more than 10. So yeah, it's more a matter of SEGA handing out free games to everyone.

Sonic seems a bit out of place with this model. I don't know why. Trees seem greener and roads seem a bit more detailed, but that's all I really see.

Big's cameo in this level is......well when I watched the video I was trying to watch out for him and I missed him completely. It was only when Super Soniko stated the time, that I watched it again and saw this purple blur. It's like you don't get a chance to stop and say hi-unless you want to get hit by a truck.

It maybe that this footage (as mentioned above) seems faster and thus when you actually play the game you can see Big more easily. So how often does BIg make a cameo, in every level or every other level?

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Coby tells us how it is to control Sonic in the port and such so thought I'd share.

Huh, Sonic didn't look as out of place in this one. Also, comparing it to some other City Escape from the original and Gamecube's battle, I can actually see a rather noticable graphical update.

I only hope they fix the intertwinig audio problem in the cutscenes.

"Faker? I think you're the fake hedgehog here. You're comparing yourself to me! Ha, you're not even go-"

"I'll make you eat those words!"

"-od enough to be my fake!"

Edited by WIttyUsername

god that guy was annoying in the video, HURR WHY CAN'T I SPINDASH!?

because you don't start with the light dash shoes?

but yes it is looking gorgeous, so much brighter! still not fond of the motion blur Sonic's got going on when he runs though.

^ Is it me or do I hear Final Chase at the back?

I think that was Jet Set Radio music. You hear Professor K talking from a cut-scene at the start and then it sounds like this song is playing:

Anyone else notice that huge amass of those bright green Sonic Team posters with Sonic's grinding artwork? Especially in the Goal area. Can't remember rightly on what was there before but I'm guessing they're replacing the SOAP logos?

I think that was Jet Set Radio music. You hear Professor K talking from a cut-scene at the start and then it sounds like this song is playing:

Anyone else notice that huge amass of those bright green Sonic Team posters with Sonic's grinding artwork? Especially in the Goal area. Can't remember rightly on what was there before but I'm guessing they're replacing the SOAP logos?

there was posters of Sonic grinding but they seem to be covering up a lot of the food commercial's and the SOAP logo's, there definitely seems to be an increase of them from this video though, they shouldn't have to change them, they hold the right to the original game and it's content, they're only porting it with slightly brighter graphics.

there was posters of Sonic grinding but they seem to be covering up a lot of the food commercial's and the SOAP logo's, there definitely seems to be an increase of them from this video though, they shouldn't have to change them, they hold the right to the original game and it's content, they're only porting it with slightly brighter graphics.

I don't think that's how sponorship or licensing works though. I've seen various TV shows (Sonic X for example!) that only have the right to use licensed music on TV airings, with it replaced on video releases.

And when Wave Race 64 was re-released on Wii Virtual Console, Nintendo's advertising deal with Kawasaki Jet Skis had long ended, so all the posters for that were replaced in-game with advertisements for Wii and Nintendo DS (which was hilariously weird considering it was an N64 game lol).

• Thumbs Up 3

that's stupid, SOAP is a dead company that is nothing more than an outdated web page that hasn't moved since it was directly linked to SA2 itself, and everything else within the game's advertisements was all SEGA made stuff, like Chao Cola, and the Chao in Space banners etc. just seems dumb.

Edited by Super Soniko

I can't believe I've won a code!! And it wasn't just me - everyone else who entered the contest won, too! The people at Sega must have been feeling generous lately Here's my pic by the way tongue.png : http://jemiloke97.deviantart.com/art/TURTLES-ON-LAVA-IS-LOGICAL-324879461

Can't wait to see this game on my PS3 in HD! biggrin.png

Edited by JemiLoke97

Congratulations to all you lucky people who entered and won!

I'll just cry over that corner of SSMB with all the others, who don't have so much cash. D:

The Soap brand still exists and is owned by somebody, even if the company itself is out of business or was sold (I believe it was sold to another shoe company). Just because they have an old website and don't sell new Soap shoes anymore, doesn't mean the brand is up for grabs to be used in games. Rereleases like SA2 are technically new releases, so all the rights need to be obtained again. Look at JSR, they had to get the music licenses again. I'd assume that SEGA either passed on getting the rights to use the Soap logo again (really, there is no point, it's not a plot point and it only appears as a background element) or it was too expensive.

You guys really are surprised by that huh? modern consoles can produce a faster framerate therefore we would get a faster framerate from this port. DC ran pretty sluggish with this game, GC ran meh with this game, and now we get to experence this game at a great framerate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has any information leaked yet about the button configuration? I am used to playing the GC version where the B button is supposed to be context sensitive for the bounce attack and light dash yet somewhat inevitably I often plummet to my death when trying to execute a ring dash. This is a common complaint and hopefully for this re-release there is a separate button for each skill.

Edited by neezTHEnightopian

Just message the PAX video youtube uploaders a page back. they will be able to give you a quick answer based on their experence.

• Thumbs Up 1

The "Brake" is set to the Circle button on PS3 which is more similar to Dreamcast's control configuration than GameCube's.

In the original leaked screenshots, it was set to Square, so I guess SEGA noticed a lot of us didn't like how GameCube set everything to the B button.

*SA2 VIDEO*

Dunno if it's just the TV, but it looks a whole lot brighter, more vibrant and more detailed than the GameCube version ever did.

Remastered assests? (Or even just a copy/paste from the Dreamcast version?)

Has any information leaked yet about the button configuration? I am used to playing the GC version where the B button is supposed to be context sensitive for the bounce attack and light dash yet somewhat inevitably I often plummet to my death when trying to execute a ring dash. This is a common complaint and hopefully for this re-release there is a separate button for each skill.

Square/Circle & X/B are the action buttons.

You guys really are surprised by that huh? modern consoles can produce a faster framerate therefore we would get a faster framerate from this port. DC ran pretty sluggish with this game, GC ran meh with this game, and now we get to experence this game at a great framerate.

The Dreamcast and Gamecube versions ran at 60fps. It simply just looks smoother due to new filters.

It maybe that this footage (as mentioned above) seems faster and thus when you actually play the game you can see Big more easily. So how often does BIg make a cameo, in every level or every other level?

Every level, and some cutscenes. He's not easy to spot in quite a few stages though.

It does seem that it has more detail placed. I see more trees, and benches at the start, etc. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

• Thumbs Up 1

The more stuff I see and hear regarding this enhanced port, the more excited I get!

If this comes out on Oct 4(?)th, do we know when NiGHTS will come out?