Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

You guys really are surprised by that huh? modern consoles can produce a faster framerate therefore we would get a faster framerate from this port. DC ran pretty sluggish with this game, GC ran meh with this game, and now we get to experence this game at a great framerate.

Well yeah, I only played it on the Dreamcast, long ago (before it died :/), so revisit the game with better graphics and great frame rate is already cool to me. If my memory doesn't fail me, my Dreamcast died 5 years ago and I've never played the GameCube version, so yeah, long time no see play this game smile.png

Edited by Jango

Uh, how are the controls? I remember from SA2/B that Sonic/Shadow and Knux/Rouge could turn on a 90 degree angle on a dime, but is that the same case here?

Can't say- the demo I played at PAX was horribly choppy with the controls. We only had a chance to play City Escape, but you can't really do a 360 turn in one place, I guess they were trying to make it realistic? Also, Sonic felt a lot slower in the demo... the majority of us at the booth were getting killed by the G.U.N. truck. THE TRUCK! Normally you outrun that sucker! -_-

So as much as I love SA2, I think I'll pass on the HD remake... I couldn't really see anything super special about it, even in the graphics. Or it could be the demo I played was just horrible, and I've been become used to the high speed levels of Sonic Unleashed and Generations. (NiGHTS remake surpassed my expectations and lemme tell you, it's sexy.)

Sorry if this has been asked already, but has a Steam release been confirmed yet?

Yes. PSN, XBLA & Steam (PC).

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, we all forgot something:

Say I forgot to check if Omochao makes any references to the A or B buttons, considering the demo versions of the game shown was the PS3 version.

Did we all consciously avoid Omochao?

So? whats up with Omochao?

The A and B buttons don't exist on a PS3 controller, and they would have different uses in some cases on a 360 controller. Space Channel 5: Part 2 muted the lines that referenced buttons in the 360 and Steam versions of the game, and I'm not sure how it was handled on PS3 as Space Channel 5: Part 2 was on PS2.

I think for quality reasons it'd be best to just redub Omochao's lines with the current actress. Just leave Ryan and David alone.

• Thumbs Up 2

What Bartman was basically asking was for anyone here or Retro that went to PAX 2012, did someone once pick up Omochao and see if there was any change to him and what he says?

Edited by goku262002

What Bartman was basically asking was for anyone here or Retro that went to PAX 2012, did someone once pick up Omochao and see if there was any change to him and what he says?

Cobanermani456 picked him up and he says exactly what he did at the same spot in the original if I am not wrong. He also threw him in the end. :)

Only certain lines need redone. I'm ok with Smith but I can not see him saying 'Faker'. The only translation boo boo I'd redo is ' Is that what chaos control is?'

Looks like the controls have been improved with two action buttons, so is it too much to hope for an SA1 style radar in the treasure hunting stages, or at least some sort of option for it. I think I could enjoy those stages if they were to do that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like the controls have been improved with two action buttons, so is it too much to hope for an SA1 style radar in the treasure hunting stages, or at least some sort of option for it. I think I could enjoy those stages if they were to do that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd quite like to see SA2 redubbed. Not because the new voices are better, but because the original dub is so bad. Poorly translated lines, over lapping lines and voices are far too quiet.

Most of that could (and really, should) be fixed just by cleaning up the ADR work. I would assume that they would have to resync all of the stuff just by nature of them porting it (to take advantage of/get the game running on the more powerful audio hardware), so there isn't really any reason why they wouldn't fix it when they do.

While true that most could be fixed, the awkwardness of so many lines bothers me to such as extent I want it redubbed just for that. It'd be very cool to hear.

Is the awkwardness with the lines in SA2 pretty much the same issues that they had with the lines in SA1?

Edited by NightwingFox

Although the best I expect is the original tweaked, a redub would be cool. There could always be the option to switch to the old dub for purists, so everybody wins.

A redub would suck ass. I'd hate to see David Humphre's awesome Shadow voice get replaced with Kirk Thornton's crappy Shadow voice.

• Thumbs Up 2

Cobanermani456 picked him up and he says exactly what he did at the same spot in the original if I am not wrong. He also threw him in the end. :)

So hes still reffering to Gamecube/Dreamcast controls in the PS3 port as well?

Strange...thats going to throw newcomers off.

So hes still reffering to Gamecube/Dreamcast controls in the PS3 port as well?

Strange...thats going to throw newcomers off.

No, the place where he says it is when he goes like "Use the homing attack on these enemies to get to the next part..." or something like that. Omochoa doesn't talk about controls in that. I'm not too sure if they are gonna make it say the PS3/XBox buttons and such. :/