Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Wouldn't they handle Omochao like they did Tikal in SA1 when they released it on Xbox live?

Thing is Tikal always referred simply to the "action button" and "jump button" generically, even in the original.

I can't actually remember if Omochao does the same but... I'm assuming he does for everyone to be talking about it? Or are we all working from memory here? Lol.

Of course if Sonic Team had foresight they prolly should have recorded "generic" lines like this at the time. They didn't for Generations though it seems... on PC Omochao refers to the 360 controller exclusively, even when playing with keyboard (and they even use 360 controls on the visual hints regardless of what you're using).

I remember with Heroes on PC, they ported the Gamecube version and left all the lines the same. And it wasn't a problem either, because they decided to set all the controls to be same as the Gamecube version. Sure the setup was horrible, but at least they didn't have to worry about the speech!

What Bartman was basically asking was for anyone here or Retro that went to PAX 2012, did someone once pick up Omochao and see if there was any change to him and what he says?

I can answer that! =D

Yes, he still complains when you pick him up and you can throw him to destroy enemies. And I think someone asked if he gives you instructions... and yes, he still does and he does it specific to the controller. We had the demo on a PS3 and a 360.

I don't think they redubbed either, as Omochao still sounds like the annoying prick he was in SA2. I can't confirm if Ryan D's voice was still there since Sonic didn't do his victory cheer at the end of stages until recently. =P

And despite retiring Big the Cat, he still shows up in his hiding places, at least in Escape from the City.

Also, I like Kirk Thorton. I just think his performances with Shadow recently were a sham by the producers... the guy is a really good voice actor. He did Jade Curtiss from Tales of the Abyss! Jin from Samauri Champloo! This isn't some guy doing voices for 4Kids... he knows his craft.

Edited by Teh Naz
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't really care if we get a redub either way, but I think that it might make for a neat experiment. I'd love to see what Kirk Thornton could do as Shadow with some more dramatic material, since I know that he can do a good job based on his previous work in other stuff. He just needs to lose the odd bored-sounding, slurry delivery that he had in Free Riders and Generations. Plus, the idea of hearing Mike Pollock performing Eggman's SA2 dialogue would excite me greatly.

This isn't some guy doing voices for 4Kids... he knows his craft.

Hey, now, I think that's a bit harsh. 4Kids' usual stable of actors may turn in some mediocre performances from time to time because of bad direction, but they're still professionals and I think that they deserve more respect than that.

Edited by chaoscontrol14
  • Thumbs Up 3

And hopefully, if there are DLC achievements, they won't be glitched like those infernal Metal Sonic ones in the SADX XBLA port.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully theres not one for 180 Emblems or any of the Chao things.

Of course there is!

How else are we going to get people buying the DLC!

Umm... I know this is usually a really shady business tactic, and it's pretty similar to the "$5 everything unlocked" DLC for ASR, but would anyone else seriously consider paying a dollar or two to have Green Hill Zone unlocked without having to 100% the game?

• Thumbs Up 5

Umm... I know this is usually a really shady business tactic, and it's pretty similar to the "$5 everything unlocked" DLC for ASR, but would anyone else seriously consider paying a dollar or two to have Green Hill Zone unlocked without having to 100% the game?

Not I, but I know a lot of people who would.

Actually... $2 gets you the Green Hill Zone in 3D! It's like an updated green hill zone! If you've not played Generations!

...Perhaps, and it's only because curiosity wins out in the end.

or any of the Chao things.

Why would a business take away one of the most-loved elements of a game? People like Chao. Not all people but a lot of them. They should keep it in the game, and they are.

Hell, I'm surprised they haven't implemented them in more games.

I meant I hope they don't make any achievements/trophies that have to do with the Chao (races, karate and such).

• Thumbs Up 2

I meant I hope they don't make any achievements/trophies that have to do with the Chao (races, karate and such).

Oh. Yeah, I agree with you. Chao can be hell to raise, and trying to raise them to reach an achievement is bad. They should be a fun, nice side feature.

Ya know, that actually sounds reasonable. I mean, I only saw GHZ in videos, but... 100% the game for something like THAT just seems kind of like a rip-off. Yeah, sure, it's GHZ, but... It is literally the original GHZ played from a different angle. Nothing special at all. =/

IMO, 100%ing the game should let you do something cool like.... all characters in all stages, or an exclusive chao, or something like that.

Actually I think the Green Hill version in SA2 (see below) looks good.

I would be happy to complete whatever criteria is needed to unlock it rather than paying for Green Hill DLC.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

SA2 Green Hill is best Green Hill. At least you can move around freely and aren't forced into a claustrophobic straight line. I never noticed it but in that stage Sonic has his classic jumping sound instead of his modern one

• Thumbs Up 3

SA2 Green Hill is best Green Hill. At least you can move around freely and aren't forced into a claustrophobic straight line. I never noticed it but in that stage Sonic has his classic jumping sound instead of his modern one

Technically it's his classic jumping sound. *trollface*

Green Hill in SA2 did always feel quite odd. Like, it was ridiculously huge compared to Sonic himself (see the loop) and was even missing the Motobugs and Newtrons. It was a nice reward I guess, but wasn't the best of stages by a long shot.

• Thumbs Up 5

Green Hill in SA2 did always feel quite odd. Like, it was ridiculously huge compared to Sonic himself (see the loop) and was even missing the Motobugs and Newtrons. It was a nice reward I guess, but wasn't the best of stages by a long shot.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why would a business take away one of the most-loved elements of a game? People like Chao. Not all people but a lot of them. They should keep it in the game, and they are.

Hell, I'm surprised they haven't implemented them in more games.

There's a lot of time and man hours that go into making something like the Chao garden, If you look at the credits at the end of SA1/2 You'll notice that not only is there a massive amount of staff working on the feature, but there's enough that they practically qualify as their own team.

I think the reason we got the Garden in SA is probably because it was a pet project of the guys that made it, maybe they wanted to experiment with child/pet like AI programming and raising or something like that. If those same staff aren't working on it, or they don't have the passion for it any-more, it's probably pretty hard to justify to the higher ups the amount of time required to get it going, when they could be working on various other core game features.

They can't just copy and paste their old programming either, I imagine to have it ina new game they'd have to write the whole thing from the bottom up.

Green Hill in SA2 did always feel quite odd. Like, it was ridiculously huge compared to Sonic himself (see the loop) and was even missing the Motobugs and Newtrons. It was a nice reward I guess, but wasn't the best of stages by a long shot
BS! it's one of, if not the best designed stage in the game! Open! fast! Multiple routes! SA2 GHZ is just plain fun, and before the remake frenzy of this gen, absolutely amazing to see an old stage remade in fantastic graphics
  • Thumbs Up 4

Is this product page on SOA's site new?

In the fight between heroes and villains, will you choose to save the world or conquer it?

The hunt for the Chaos Emeralds is on and battle lines have been drawn between Hero and Dark. Experience two unique adventures featuring both long-time heroes and new and returning villains as they battle for the fate of the world!

Sonic Adventure 2 makes its return on Playstation®Network, Xbox LIVE Arcade, and PC Digital Download with a full cast of playable heroes and villains, exciting two-player competitive modes, Chao Gardens, and more than 30 action-packed stages, all remastered in HD!

Heritage Collection treatment:

Sonic Adventure 2 is now part of Sega’s Heritage Collection series and now features lush HD visuals and developer interviews!

Heroes and Villains:

Save the day as heroes Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles or cause chaos as Shadow, Dr. Eggman, and Rouge, utilizing each of their unique skills and abilities!

Minigames galore:

Take a break from the main story and challenge a friend in two-player across kart racing and other competitive modes!

Ciao Chao:

Raise your own pet Chao, improve their statistics, and compete with them in unique mini-games!

http://www.sega.com/...ic-adventure-2/

I think the screenshots are old.

• Thumbs Up 1