Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

True, it is just a port. But I'm still excited nonetheless. There is nothing like the first time playing through the game, the experience is great, and the work to unlock everything is fun and rewarding.

Plus, I was planning on starting over on my Chao raising, so I'm just waiting for this to come out to have that fresh start, and I might even try to get a Chaos Chao finally.

It's also convenient to have an HD version on the PS3, say if I'm playing Unleashed and I want to play Adventure 2 afterwards. Instead of screwing around with my mess of wires to plug the Dreamcast in, I can just switch to the game on that console. That's a very small thing, I know, and I might end up going back and playing my Dreamcast or Gamecube version just for the hell of it and for nostalgia.

Those developer interviews sound interesting as well.

• Thumbs Up 6

I have the GameCube version, but I rarely play my GC anymore and I'm willing to pay 800 points for convenience. Besides, I'm getting Nights anyway since my Saturn is long past broke. :/

I wish I still had my Dreamcast too, but I left it at an ex girlfriends house and she moved and...well, long story.

I have just set this as the wallpaper (background) on my laptop. It looks amazing.

There is much argument among consumers whether the proper laptop aspect ratio is 16:9 or 16:10.

NightwingFox uses 1:1.

That prooves that besides adding the widescreen borders, they didn't touched the cutscenes at all.

It could have been much worse. I'm reminded of how much of a clusterfuck Resident Evil 4 widescreen was for all of the ports it had before it made it to PS3.

Edited by Tornado

To be honest, why the hell did they removed the shadows from the GC version, a much more powerfull console? Not only looks less realistic, but it also downgrade the original game. For me, the DC version always was the superior version, same for SA1. It's sad how they ported the GC version and spit in our faces "it's a DC game"!

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

If these shadows were perfect circles as implied in an earlier post, I can understand their removal actually. They're pretty archaic looking. Didn't they upgrade the in-game shadows from circles to proper ones for the gamecube version only? Or am I completely making that up out of nowhere? Maybe there were technical reasons that made it too annoying to add in to the cut-scenes? I dunno.

Edited by JezMM

If these shadows were perfect circles as implied in an earlier post, I can understand their removal actually. They're pretty archaic looking. Didn't they upgrade the in-game shadows from circles to proper ones for the gamecube version only? Or am I completely making that up out of nowhere? Maybe there were technical reasons that made it too annoying to add in to the cut-scenes? I dunno.

No, no, the in-game shadows are indeed much better on the GC version, we're talking about the cutscenes one :) In the DC version all of the cutscenes have shadows, in the GC only some of them.

Just to you get in this train, compare:

and
also this. Most remarkable at the AmyXSonic prision scene lol
  • Thumbs Up 2

FUCKING CALLED IT

SOAPS AS AVATAR AWARDS

WHO'S THE BITCH? WHO IS THE BIIITCH!? *pelvic thrust*

the shirts a bit lame though, should have had that awesome background as the shirt colour, and the proper SA2 logo at least.

Edited by Super Soniko
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Adventure 2 Xbox Live Avatar Awards Revealed

Sonic-Adventure-2-Avatar-Awards-1.pngSonic-Adventure-2-Avatar-Awards-2.png

2G Vintage Sonic Tee

5 Hours game time in any game mode.

Sonic-Adventure-2-Avatar-Awards-3.pngSonic-Adventure-2-Avatar-Awards-4.png

Sonic’s 2G Hi-Speed Shoes

10 hours game time in any game mode.

http://www.sonicstad...wards-revealed/

Hm, getting those awards appears to be a tad too easy for my liking... that is, unless these were made with those who can't stand the non-Sonic/Shadow stages in mind, anyway.

Great to see they put effort into ways to unlock these things. Wait a minute *looks at SA1 requirements* There the exact same freaking thing. Get a shirt for 5 hours, and Shoes for 10.....Wow Sega. A chao pet would have made this a little more original.:/

• Thumbs Up 1

So did the HD remastering process involve fixing the sound mixing? Sound mixing in SA2B cutscenes is awful. You could barely hear characters talk sometimes.

So did the HD remastering process involve fixing the sound mixing? Sound mixing in SA2B cutscenes is awful. You could barely hear characters talk sometimes.

Yeah, that was an annoying issue. Rayman 3 suffered from the same issue, and the HD release didn't fixed it, so... Yeah, SEGA ain't fixing that I guess :P

So when are the reviews for this port coming out? I want to see the butthurtz from the low scores that it may get.

• Thumbs Up 1

So when are the reviews for this port coming out? I want to see the butthurtz from the low scores that it may get.

The game launches this thuesday on PSN, so the reviews will come along at the same week.

Edited by Jango

I haven't been following this at all, so can someone tell me what's the new content they added in besides HD and presumabley leaderboards? Also price + release date?

I haven't been following this at all, so can someone tell me what's the new content they added in besides HD and presumabley leaderboards? Also price + release date?

Uh, there's developer interviews, I think.

Would it have been more apt to call the Hi-Speed Shoes, Grinding Shoes? I recall reading once that a meta explanation given to them was that they allowed Sonic to grind on rails (even though that went defunct by Sonic Heroes...then again, so did the high speed aspect).

could of at least called them "Grind Shoes" or "High Speed Grind Shoes"

not that any of that can beat SOAPs though.

• Thumbs Up 1

By the way, me and the happy fellas that won a download code from Ken Balough, how the hell will that work? I, at least hope he send this code at the launch day or one day before, because I have no idea how to use it lol...

Edited by Jango