Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

How's the map screen? Is it bordered? If not, does the 16:9 show the "space" section even when you're not on it?

That Mission Street thing? Didn't happen to me.

Thinking back, this happened to me, but on Radical Highway in the GC version of the game. So yeah, this game has always been glitched the fuck out, so hey....can't blame something that's always been there.

• Thumbs Up 2

SA2 is a lot of things, but one of the things id never say it was, was glitchy.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 9

SA2 is a lot of things, but one of the things id never say it was, was glitchy.

I'd say it. Okay, maybe just SA2:B since I've never played the Dreamcast SA2, but god was the Gamecube version littered with glitches.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have not played through Sonic Adventure 2 in over 10 years. Playing through it again has left me with only one thing to say:

This game is fucking hilarious. To think back when I was a kid I took the storyline and the dialogue so seriously. Hahaha!

Yeah, get a friend and play this game in the same way you'd watch a crappy low-budget movie. That's when it's at its best.

Edited by XD375

I'd say it. Okay, maybe just SA2:B since I've never played the Dreamcast SA2, but god was the Gamecube version littered with glitches.

Guess I was just lucky then :/

Yeah, get a friend and play this game in the same way you'd watch a crappy low-budget movie. That's when it's at its best.

Absolutely. I went over to a friend's flat a couple of years ago and we played this for a couple of hours. We laughed a lot that night.

Edited by Wally Gator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looking back a few pages, I don't see why comic sans is such a bad font. Sure it's not for formal papers, but what's so bad about using it in a video game? Especially one whose story tries too hard like SA2?

Edited by Prince Solaris
  • Thumbs Up 2

in original hardly any gltches... dont think anything will change in HD

Still waiting for it to download......

really slow

So I played the PS3 demo and I think it's safe to say the controls actually feel a lot smoother than they used to, probably because of the better joystick.

The game looked great in HD.

It still has its usual issues, and I've never been the biggest fan of the game, but it felt great to play.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm still excited to play this but I won't be suprised at all if this port gets alot of flak either because it's a bad port or the game isn't as great as people remembered it. I'm already bracing myself for the worse.

Agreed.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know if anyone noticed or cared but there is a NiGHTS premium theme as well as a Sonic Adventure 2 one that was put up today along with both games.

The NiGHTS one is $1.50 and the Sonic Adventure 2 one is $2.00.

I don't know if anyone noticed or cared but there is a NiGHTS premium theme as well as a Sonic Adventure 2 one that was put up today along with both games.

The NiGHTS one is $1.50 and the Sonic Adventure 2 one is $2.00.

SEGA Blog says you get a free theme with each game.

I agree that it's just nitpicking. I never even noticed the eye glitch in the original, the GC version or video of this version until it was pointed out to me just now.

Screencapped it for the lulz because it looks like that old gumball eye thing.

R1jAK.jpg

I imagine this has something to do with the Dreamcast's hardware accelerated occlusion culling, when they ported it they had to write a software function to handle it and I imagine they didn't have the spare CPU time to write a high precision algorithm. I don't think that's actually clipping, just the game is mistakenly thinking that parts of the iris are behind the sclera.

SEGA Blog says you get a free theme with each game.

Well I bought the game and I didn't get shit.

Maybe because I downloaded the demo first and got the unlock code later? Eh.. oh well.

Edited by Chooch

XBLA version now

Oh yeah sounds nice I will be waiting for that review anxiousl-

2.37gb

WAT.

I really need a Xbox 360 hard drive. I don't like only having 16 GB available...

I don't get that, actually. It's a 2.37 gig port of a game from a system with a hard 1.4 gig limit which was itself a port of a game from a system with a 1.2 gig limit.

Since they don't need to worry about load times, I wonder why they didn't compress it for quicker downloads and less HDD space usage. Modern compression techniques and all that. I know that is the case with all game rereleases (except those on the Wii), but still kinda odd.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edward@Sega has commented on the SEGA Blog to clear some things up.

Comment # 21

Hey everyone — just wanted to reply to some of what I saw in the comments here! I understand the sensitivity over release dates and that if you are waiting for a PC version, then you don’t want to feel short-changed. It has been previously announced that it is coming to PC — that’s not new. If you feel like that was a backhanded way to mention it, please accept my apologies. I meant it as a reminder.

First, ‘months’ is the language from the press release. The choice to add that we’re in luck was mine. I totally see why it was taken as a ‘you’re in luck you have to wait’ comment but it was meant more along the lines of ‘those of us who care about PC games can be happy knowing that it is on the way.’

It’s not meant as an exact figure — it doesn’t mean that it will take X or more months. It means the date is ‘to be announced’. That is literally all it means. I think in general, companies have to be cautious about release dates, especially if they estimate too early. I can’t say more because we don’t have more information to impart.

Second, my enthusiasm there is real. I am looking forward to playing it on PC. Given a choice it’s where I play most games. I am speaking 100% as a fan there — sometimes I get caught up in being able to write about games I am a genuine fan of. So when I say ‘you’re in luck’, it means that for multi-platform release PC games haven’t always gotten the best possible version. I’m happy to say that’s changing. This was not a guarantee in the past.

Obviously it would be best if everything released together, but that simply can’t always happen. Here’s why:

The extra time is not because we didn’t develop the PC version along with everything else. XBLA and PSN have a much more streamlined release structure — it’s part of what makes those platforms so appealing. ‘PC’ is not a single store, though — there are a lot of different moving parts and places that may sell a given game, be it Amazon or Steam or Origin or GOG or whatever. To make sure those line up takes a little longer, especially at a time of year when companies release a ton of games.

I hope that helps explain the comment — I know no one likes to wait. I can’t tell anyone they have to like waiting a little longer, but for now that’s what we have to do. These games and the fan communities for them mean a ton to me, so if there’s any questions or lingering doubts, please let me know, I’ll try to answer as best I can.

Posted by Edward@Sega on October 2nd, 2012 at 4:07 pm

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/10/02/available-now-sonic-adventure-2-and-nights-into-dreams/#comment-72206

• Thumbs Up 8

I've watched the video, the only thing I noticed is that the characters looks more bright, with less shadow contrast lol, besides that, all the oddities from the Cube version (no shadows, cut dialogue "put your hands up in.. not again"). Well, Ken didn't sent the code to download this, so I'm going to use my money with something else and wait. Should I get NiGHTS? Hum...

Edited by Jango