Stritix

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Even though people adore Sonic Adventure 2, I doubt one huge screw-up with a port will screw any progress Sonic's made in the past couple years.

Like lots of people have said previously here:

SEGA should just slow down, think before acting, and just keep on doing what they were doing with Colors and Generations. They won't get completely destroy the hate people have for his franchise, but it'll get a lot more tame, hopefully.

^ When Sonic blinks, his pupil is still visible. Honestly it's barely an issue. As long as it doesn't happen in that cut-scene later on where Knuckles finds Sonic after the Chaos Control, I can't see it mattering much.

I hope the glitch reports are exaggerated or based off random bad luck. Most of all from that footage I just found it a shame that the widescreen really shows off the level geometry horizons to the left and right at some point. Kind of ruins the reality of the game. I mean I totally expected it to happen, to the point I would have been legitimately surprised if they fixed it (not that we would know since I would have just assumed the level map always went that far beyond the 4:3 view), but still. It's a shame. Worth it for the rest of the time when the widescreen works great though.

Edited by JezMM

Hey guys

Hey guys

I already had it.

......Go away.

Anyways, As much as I have respect for Gene, his complaints seem to be just minor nitpicking to me. and he states "SA2 has always been this bad" so he clearly wasn't a SA2 fan before this port and still isn't after. don't jump on a band wagon just yet guys.

Its a port guys, really nothing was going to be fixed or improved from the GC version and thats what I was expecting.

Edited by goku262002

That Mission Street thing? Didn't happen to me.

Thinking back, this happened to me, but on Radical Highway in the GC version of the game. So yeah, this game has always been glitched the fuck out, so hey....can't blame something that's always been there.

I have not played through Sonic Adventure 2 in over 10 years. Playing through it again has left me with only one thing to say:

This game is fucking hilarious. To think back when I was a kid I took the storyline and the dialogue so seriously. Hahaha!

Yeah, get a friend and play this game in the same way you'd watch a crappy low-budget movie. That's when it's at its best.

Edited by XD375