Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Like I said, everything is developed with 360 in mind, thats how SEGA works. the 360 is SEGAs main series console this time around like the Gamecube was before.

Edited by goku262002

Being a PS3 owner, that makes me a sad panda.

I mean damn Sega, you may as well just keep your shit on the 360 if PS3/Wii get the shitty versions of your games.

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 1

SEGA goes with what thinks will print money, its a safe bet. PS3 was too risky when it was starting out and wasn't being developer friendly and the Wii...well Wii...is...uhhh...a thing.

Edited by goku262002

Ok, I finally played through the whole game.

I still HATE Final Hazard. I still love Biolizard

I still want to press start and skip the credits screen, but can't.

Edited by The Magnificent Meowth

So far I'm actually having fun looking for Big's cameos, lol at him on Prison Lane. This game's homing attack is still as screwy and unpredictable as ever :\

i still hate the fact they've assigned the light dash to the somersault/ bounce bracelet button which screws with perfect light dashes if you're going for a speed run/points run, it's fucked me over so many times, like HARD Mode on City Escape, the part where you HA the enemy above the pit and light dash to the other side, i just kept bounce bracelet-ing into the hole instead of light dashing.

fuck this game sometimes, it's a true fun killer at times.

• Thumbs Up 3

I have come across what I think is a rather strange camera glitch. In the Chao Hub world (where you are warped to, after you complete the level), and in the Meteor Herd stage (Knuckles), all of a sudden the camera just started turning around Knuckles (counter-clockwise),and just kept turning. No matter what I did, the camera just kept constantly moving around. Everytime I started a new Knuckles level, the camera just kept moving. It's crazy!

So I came out of SA2, and then loaded it up again. The camera went back to normal. Then I played the level again, and the camera was moving again. Crazy!

Edited by NightwingFox

I have come across what I think is a rather strange camera glitch. In the Chao Hub world (where you are warped to, after you complete the level), and in the Meteor Herd stage (Knuckles), all of a sudden the camera just started turning around Knuckles (counter-clockwise),and just kept turning. No matter what I did, the camera just kept constantly moving around. Everytime I started a new Knuckles level, the camera just kept moving. It's crazy!

So I came out of SA2, and then loaded it up again. The camera went back to normal. Then I played the level again, and the camera was moving again. Crazy!

This happened to me a couple times in City Escape recently.

like HARD Mode on City Escape, the part where you HA the enemy above the pit and light dash to the other side, i just kept bounce bracelet-ing into the hole instead of light dashing.

I know that feel, sis.

But hey, almost geting all A Ranks in stages :)

I remember that happening to me in the GC and the DC versions. Hasn't happened to me in the XBLA one yet though.

Another subject:

How do I unlock the bonus video? I have beaten the three stories

I remember that happening to me in the GC and the DC versions. Hasn't happened to me in the XBLA one yet though.

Another subject:

How do I unlock the bonus video? I have beaten the three stories

I believe you have to play the game for five hours to unlock it.

Another review from ZTGD:

http://www.ztgd.com/...ic-adventure-2/

It's a 60.

Interesting to note how he's only played Generations before this.

Nothing against that review, but I loled when he said SA2 was for nostalgia, then says Generations is a great Sonic game. I'm not saying Generations isn't great and I'm not saying SA2 is great, but the whole purpose of Generations is for nostalgia

• Thumbs Up 2

About the cutscenes not being in widescreen...

I can understand why. It's simple, actually: other than the opening for Battle (which might use some CGI), it looks so far like every cutscene in 4:3 is pre-rendered (like the President limo scene, or the moon one), so it's clear it wasn't technically possible to make it widescreen without zooming the video in or stretching (both would result in not only a more degrading quality of video but also "loss" of footage - not that anyone would miss the very top and bottom of the videos, but you never know...)

I think it would look better to add a border to those cutscenes though, instead of plain black.

So I've been on holiday and if this has already been mentioned put it down to the fact I was enjoying the company of Micky Mouse more than checking every topic on SSMB.

Remember that contest on the Sega forums to get a code for a full copy of SA2? Well I just got in and decided to use my code. Despite asurances from Ken that it'll work on the UK store, it didn't.

So I popped on my US account and put it in there... only to find the code was for a free copy of the Battle Mode DLC. Erm... did anyone else who got a free code run into this problem?

Which is quite useless to me since even if I buy the full game on the UK store, the US DLC won't run with the game as it's a different region.

If you can't find a solution there Hogfather and just have a useless code, mind if I have that DLC? it would be handy to have an extra DLC code around in case another HDD crash happened.

But first go confront Ken on this issue. Told you guys not to believe every word that guy says...

So I've been on holiday and if this has already been mentioned put it down to the fact I was enjoying the company of Micky Mouse more than checking every topic on SSMB.

Remember that contest on the Sega forums to get a code for a full copy of SA2? Well I just got in and decided to use my code. Despite asurances from Ken that it'll work on the UK store, it didn't.

So I popped on my US account and put it in there... only to find the code was for a free copy of the Battle Mode DLC. Erm... did anyone else who got a free code run into this problem?

Which is quite useless to me since even if I buy the full game on the UK store, the US DLC won't run with the game as it's a different region.

Ah! I forget who it was now, but someone else had an issue with a non-working code. Send Ken a message.

About the cutscenes not being in widescreen...

it looks so far like every cutscene in 4:3 is pre-rendered like the President limo scene

Nope. That cutscene is not pre-rendered. And while you have a point, the main reason why they left the cutscenes to be in 4:3 is because there are some foreground (pre-rendered) effects in them. Of course they could make those effects from scratch again since they are incredibly simple but as you can clearly see, they didn't bother.

Well, the limo scene, although not pre-rendered COMPLETELY, has one tiny pre-render: the TV monitor showing Eggman.

And my theory is 100% true, because I just started the Dark Story, and lo and behold, the very first cutscene is in 4:3 and it's because of the fire pre-render when Eggman shows up.

Like I said, everything is developed with 360 in mind, thats how SEGA works. the 360 is SEGAs main series console this time around like the Gamecube was before.

Which means the PC version better be optimized correctly then! Because both are microsoft systems!

Well, the limo scene, although not pre-rendered COMPLETELY, has one tiny pre-render: the TV monitor showing Eggman.

And my theory is 100% true, because I just started the Dark Story, and lo and behold, the very first cutscene is in 4:3 and it's because of the fire pre-render when Eggman shows up.

Yeah, that's exactly what ArtFenix was saying. Just because a cut-scene contains pre-rendered elements, it does not mean the cut-scene is entirely pre-rendered, which is what your original post implied with its wording. The fire effect may be a pre-rendered effect that is only 4:3 in size, but Eggman and the scenery is being rendered in realtime.

I haven't played the remake beyond the 360 demo yet, but does the Limo scene actually ever show Eggman's conversation in full screen? I swore it didn't. If it doesn't, I can only guess that one is on widescreen because any further would clearly show the endlessly repeating street scenery loading in/out from certain camera angles.

EDIT: That's kinda weird. I was looking for footage to check it out for myself and accidentally clicked on an emulated widescreen hack playthrough on Dolphin. The limo cut-scene had zero problems due to being in widescreen, Eggman never appears full-screen, nor does the widescreen reveal awkward scenery (apart from a single 3 second shot where it's clear there's no "other" side of the street, but it's not scene-ruiningly noticable, there's still sky there and everything.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was directed to the Battle Mode DLC, but I got the demo, along with the full game unlock for free. This was on PSN, though.