Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

>Review about SA2

>Uses a pic of SA1 instead

The "review" sounds slightly negative and yet they give it a 3/5. Amazing.

It is simply the most informative review I've ever read, only a paragraph and a few sentences! Amazing!

• Thumbs Up 3

The difference between A and C rank is less than ten seconds!? Fuck you, Route 201! FUCK! YOU!

How many of those times I hit Restart was I already doing a winning time? Argh!!

EDIT:

Metal Harbor. It feels more like a level from a skateboard game than a platformer, because there's only 1 correct sequence of moves that will get you an A-rank. And you have to do that specific sequence of moves very quickly, or you'll manage what I just did, which was to reach the goal with 19.970 points. That's 30 points short of an A-rank.

Fuck.

I'm still fond of this game, but holy fuck those unbalanced A-ranks.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Which means the PC version better be optimized correctly then! Because both are microsoft systems!

With all the extra time they are taking with it, it'd better be. but I'm just happy thats its coming to PC to begin with. Its nice that SEGA is being more nicer to the PC fanbase now then it has before.

Well, I don't like SA2 but this port is good. Well, for one, I'd rather play this than the original or all that. It's disappointing after SA1. I'd say that the variety was better in that game and Sonic had the biggest chunk of levels. Tails had similar gameplay too. You only have 1/3 of the game here but in the other, ~3/8 of the game you were running. And Gamma had a lot to do with get to the end too. So that's about 1/2.

The story is really good but the execution... eh.

Oh and I hate the treasure hunting and mech shooting.

Oh and this is one of the genuine Sonic games to give me a constantly hard time... and that's not a bad thing.

Holy shit, I didn't remember these Hard Mode missions to be so absurdly hard and cheap, goddammit, does Crazy Gadget really needs a harder version? Especially Knuckles and Rouge stages, how I'm supposed to grap that emerald shard in the lower part of the hurricane in Wild Canyon? You can't go down because you'll always go up!

Holy shit, I didn't remember these Hard Mode missions to be so absurdly hard and cheap, goddammit, does Crazy Gadget really needs a harder version? Especially Knuckles and Rouge stages, how I'm supposed to grap that emerald shard in the lower part of the hurricane in Wild Canyon? You can't go down because you'll always go up!

Edited by NightwingFox

You know what I miss from this game? The grinding.

The grinding in SA2 was cool and although it needed some touch ups, it was the only time in the series where grinding felt like it had an element of depth due to the balance system and you're ability to fly off the ends of some ramps with the green "X"s. Not to mention the balance system actually makes sense (due to the laws of centripetal force). Going through Final Rush is immensely satisfying because of the grind system imo, and just wouldn't be as fun as in any other game.

Infact, I really want them to bring this kind of grinding back. The only change I would make would be to allow you to easily change rails by pressing the triggers (since jumping to rails that were close to you was a bit of a pain in SA2).

• Thumbs Up 4

This is what you need to do to get that piece of emerald shard:

You will need to use Knuckles sunglasses. There is a spring nearby - which only the sunglasses can see - which will bounce you into the piece of emerald shard.

EDIT: the spring is on top of one of the pillars - that Knuckles can stand on - around the hurricane.

The difference between A and C rank is less than ten seconds!? Fuck you, Route 201! FUCK! YOU!

How many of those times I hit Restart was I already doing a winning time? Argh!!

EDIT:

Metal Harbor. It feels more like a level from a skateboard game than a platformer, because there's only 1 correct sequence of moves that will get you an A-rank. And you have to do that specific sequence of moves very quickly, or you'll manage what I just did, which was to reach the goal with 19.970 points. That's 30 points short of an A-rank.

Fuck.

I'm still fond of this game, but holy fuck those unbalanced A-ranks.

Metal Harbour is one of the few stages where you can actually grab every ring pretty easily. Aside from one lone ring cunningly hidden above one of the towers you use a pulley to ascend, (use the bounce bracelet to reach it, the camera will move to show the top with the ring). If the A rank is giving you that much trouble, I recommend just collecting every ring (gauranteed A rank on all the stages it's possible to do so in).

I would do that, but I've never been able to get all the ring boxes reliably in the last snowboard sections.

Doing Pumpkin Hill mission 4 is a nightmare. I keep running out of time. Only three minutes to find the the emerald chards.

A rank in Metal Harbor is actually pretty easy, I could manage it first time, even loosing some seconds grabing the Light Speed Shoes. You have to nail most of the rail grinds. Grab the 1-up after the homing attack chain in the carrier also give you extra points. Jump over that blue ramp before the somersault and pullers section to save time. Make sure to grind the left rail right before that somersault that leads to the last homing chain before the rocket section. Also, ALWAYS get to the highest part of the rocket. Finish the level within 2 minutes with at least 11000 points and 100 rings and the A rank is yours.

Ah, internet. No matter what video game obstacle I'm having trouble with there'll be someone telling me it's actually easy.

Well, everything in the world is easy when you know the method and can execute it reliably. What's that? You can't juggle chainsaws? But it's easy, look!

Ugh. Sorry about that. It's a pet peeve of mine.

I would do that, but I've never been able to get all the ring boxes reliably in the last snowboard sections.

Well, you can avoid the speed booster after you get off the snowboard, and then use the jump dash to get back to the top of the snowboard section and then get all the rings.

Ah, internet. No matter what video game obstacle I'm having trouble with there'll be someone telling me it's actually easy.

Well, everything in the world is easy when you know the method and can execute it reliably. What's that? You can't juggle chainsaws? But it's easy, look!

Ugh. Sorry about that. It's a pet peeve of mine.

But I can juggle with chainsaws, seriously ~

I'm just trying to help. Honestly, I've almost never got an A rank on that stage when I've played the game some 5 years ago, actually, I almost never did on any other stage, but how I did it now? Practice. We don't born with skills, we build them tongue.png

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, you can avoid the speed booster after you get off the snowboard, and then use the jump dash to get back to the top of the snowboard section and then get all the rings.

Seriously? Huh. I gotta try that. Never actually gotten all the rings in a Sonic level before.

Yeah. That's how I get those rings for that level. Just to make sure I get that A Rank.

I was directed to the Battle Mode DLC, but I got the demo, along with the full game unlock for free. This was on PSN, though.

Mine is also on the PSN.

Also how did you end up getting all that for free?

Anyway, sent a message back to Ken yesterday... see if I get any kind of reply but not that hopeful.

Mine is also on the PSN.

Also how did you end up getting all that for free?

Anyway, sent a message back to Ken yesterday... see if I get any kind of reply but not that hopeful.

When I've used my code, I'm been directly sent to my wallet, and the demo, the full-game unlock and the DLC where there available to download. I don't know what happened to you, but burst Ken with PMs.

I swear that I have searched Radical Highway from top to bottom, but I just cannot find the lost chao!!!

Please help!

At least give me a clue.

EDIT: I have now found the Chao, thanks to Super Soniko's help.

Edited by NightwingFox

You've helped me I'll help you. I also had trouble finding this chao. Right before the ramp that throwns you at that path on the bridge's top, there is a double loop. You have to jump in the gap between the 2 loops. You need to be fast. Once youre falling youll see a spring on the bottom of the bridge, HIT IT. The rest I'll let you find out ;)

Anyone who says getting an A-rank without hitting the walls in Rouge's driving mission is "easy" needs to be punched in the mouth.

Or lend me the secret of their glitch/exploit/shortcut/pact with Satan.

You've helped me I'll help you. I also had trouble finding this chao. Right before the ramp that throwns you at that path on the bridge's top, there is a double loop. You have to jump in the gap between the 2 loops. You need to be fast. Once youre falling youll see a spring on the bottom of the bridge, HIT IT. The rest I'll let you find out wink.png

I already found the Chao with Super Soniko's help. Thanks anyway.

Just played the hard mission for Route 101 Tails. After a few attempts, I made it literally with half a second to spare, and that was an A Rank! So there can't have been a B to E Rank.

How do you get an A rank in Tails's Route 101? EVERY single time I've tried, I've gotten a C. :(

How do you get an A rank in Tails's Route 101? EVERY single time I've tried, I've gotten a C. sad.png

Clear time is 2:45, so with a C you're already really close to A rank. Memorising when you need to powerslide tight corners is really the only trick there is, however, I found that saving your last speed boost until you're on the straight road leading to the limo and then hitting boost immediatelly when the car materialises onscreen really helps hang on to the crucial extra seconds at the end.

• Thumbs Up 2