Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Welp, finished Hero Story and didn't hate much of it. I must say Rogue's stages are much better than Knuckles'. I really like them.

*gets to Mad Space*

HELL NO! Seriously, I don't feel like continuing but... I've gotta do it.

Final Chase would be kinda cool if the gravity drums actually worked the way they were intended to more than 25% of the time.

How were they supposed to work? What I see is how I have always seen it work. Not sure if that means it has never worked for me or it has always worked for me :/

Blah blah blah!

Talking about Chao is much more fun! XD *shot*

Chaos Chao

Introduction

Under very special circumstances, it is possible for a Chao to evolve into a special type called a Chaos Chao. Chaos Chao are named after the beast Chaos, from Sonic Adventure.

Chaos Chao are special in that they are immortal; they will never die nor reincarnate, no matter what. Once your Chao succeeds in transforming into the legendary Chaos Chao, it will stay in that form forever. You should therefore choose wisely before pursuing this transformation; in particular, you will not be able to raise your Chao's stat grades after it transforms.

Please note, the following will tell you the correct way to attain a Chaos Chao figured out within the Chao Island forums. For years, Chao raisers have not been aware of this correct method to evolve a Chaos Chao properly!

Requirements

There are four general requirements that your Chao must satisfy in order to transform into a Chaos Chao. There is also a fifth alignment requirement, if you want to get a specific kind of Chaos Chao.

1. Your Chao must have reincarnated at least twice. This means it must be on its third life or more.

2. Your Chao must have over 50 happiness. Happiness is a hidden value which runs from -100 to 100, and it is increased by caring for your Chao well. Your Chao must have had over 30 happiness to reincarnate, so you shouldn't have much trouble hitting this requirement.

3. You must give your Chao at least one of every animal in its current life. Contrary to popular belief, you can give your Chao more than one of each animal. In other words, your Chao must have learnt every animal behaviour. The animals that you have given to your Chao in its previous lives will have no effect on this.

4. Your Chao must be balanced, so that it would otherwise evolve into a Normal type. Your Chao must not be set to evolve into a Swim, Fly, Run, or Power type. This is how the false belief that you must give only one of each animal came about. Giving an equal amount of each animal is the easiest way to ensure this requirement, though.

• If you want a Neutral Chaos Chao, otherwise known as the Light Chao, then your Chao must be of the Neutral alignment. Care for your Chao by using a mixture of Hero and Dark characters.

• If you want a Hero Chaos Chao, otherwise known as the Angel Chao, then your Chao must be of the Hero alignment. Care for your Chao by using mostly Hero characters.

• If you want a Dark Chaos Chao, otherwise known as the Devil Chao, then your Chao must be of the Dark alignment. Care for your Chao by using mostly Dark characters.

I couldn't remember how, so I looked up how to create a Chaos Chao. I didn't know it has to reincarnate twice!?

A handy checklist somebody made.

4245955776_c33500b6f1.jpg

Those unfamiliar with Chao raising may want to check there ability grades.

heathcenter2.png

My Hero Chao has now got maxed abilities (Lv99, Except Stamina) but because of it's ability grades, it can't seem to win the Super Karate Tournament. *Cries*

It performed best at speed, so it managed to win all the races at least. While my Dark Chao performs best at power, but not so good at speed, making me think, well, it might be able to win Super Karate, but will it be able to beat the Angel Chao in a race??

Also, while I do like the speed levels best over the others. My personal favourite level is actually Cosmic Wall as Dr. Eggman.

But trying to get 100 rings on Knuckles Meteor Herd? Ass!! -teriods everywhere!?

Edited by King-Boom-BooJ86
  • Thumbs Up 1

You guys should really head over to Chao Island.

They really helped me out allot when I was raising my chao and their forum is helpful as well for anything the database doesn't cover.

Sorry if it sounds like a plug, but if you guys ever need future help for chao, these guys are the people to go to.

Chao Island was the centre of the internet to me back when SADX and SA2B on GCN were relevant. Great site indeed.

• Thumbs Up 5

I have to say that the 'HD' version is the worst version. Metal Harbour is horrible in terms of graphics, it's horrible on the eyes! I am yet to play the DC version but I think the GC version is better.

I have to say that the 'HD' version is the worst version. Metal Harbour is horrible in terms of graphics, it's horrible on the eyes! I am yet to play the DC version but I think the GC version is better.

Elaborate.

People saying that SA2 HD has terrible graphics... I bet you anything your TV settings are not right.

Anyway,

I just had a really odd glitch happen to me. Been raising chao (via the animal dupe glitch), and have a chao at level 99 capped for all stats except stamina which is around 20.

Just gone through the Karate Super mode and been hammering the X button for the whole fights (aparently it makes your chao attack more often *shrugs*).

Got to the last fight and hammering X again... chao runs over... punches the opponent, he falls over in the middle of the ring and his health goes down, suddenly he then teleports to the outside of the ring (behind my chao), and I get the win via a ring out!

• Thumbs Up 4

Hm. I don't know what to say about this. The HD version is visually identical to the GCN version with one exception- the new resolution. Because it's now run at 720p and upscaled to 1080p there's a lot less jaggies and everything is in widescreen. The only problem this might lead to is textures being more blurred because they're still the same resolution as they were originally. But it certainly doesn't look any worse than it did before. Not at all.

The only problem with the 'graphics' I can see at all, is that when I go to stage select and head to chao world, any emblems I've seen look blured. Thats it, everythig else looks much better.

If people are adament it looks worse, have to say, it's your TV settings, it must be. Recently I played around with mine and all my games look so much better, but I'm sure that had I not changed them then I'd probably be unimpressed with the graphics on SA2 HD as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Adventure 2 always looked like this. Sonic Adventure 2 always played like this.

I don't know why people are suddenly so blindsided by all these issues. They were always present.

That said, it is sometimes really refreshing to go back to old titles and look at how things have changed, for better or for worse. SA2 HD has really good examples of both.

How were they supposed to work? What I see is how I have always seen it work. Not sure if that means it has never worked for me or it has always worked for me :/

People mean the general stop-start nature of them. They're pretty glitchy and it would be more fun if you could run just straight through them, like you're able to once in a while. It REALLY ruins your flow.

Also I still don't have the updated rerelease, is it really worth getting since I have SA2:B anyway considering it sounds like it's essentially the same thing?

Also Sky Rail is imo the worst speed level, the level design is ridiculously inconsistent and I don't find it particularly fun to play.

Edited by Semi-colon e

To be honest I absolutely loved SA2... I will admit though that when I first played Sky Rail I could not do well on it. Its not a problem at all for me anymore, though.

If you can easily play your Gamecube or Wii anytime you want...then your Sa2:B copy is perfectly fine. It really depends on how much you value $10 right now, as well.

Personally, I can't even use my GC right now...so it was worth it for me.

Sky Rail has to be the most forgettable and unappealing Sonic level in history.

no it's not, it's Pumpkin Hill...

IN DAYTIME!

• Thumbs Up 1

no it's not, it's Pumpkin Hill...

IN DAYTIME!

But Pumpkin Hill has the worst music in the series. =|

Edited by The Awesome Arcanine
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Adventure 2 always looked like this. Sonic Adventure 2 always played like this.

I don't know why people are suddenly so blindsided by all these issues. They were always present.

Actually, I've comented before that the graphics are worse in this version. People got blind because of this filled borders on the screen's sides xD That texture glitch in the TailsXEgg piss me off so much, and also, the Last story, during the Super transformation, my God, what happened to their chests? That shit become terriblely pixelated, you can even see the insides of the characters. Also Shadow's quills stripes also got terriblely pixelated. That didn't happened on the DC version :/ (not sure about the GC, since I've never played it).

But the gameplay, yes, it's the same.

Edited by Jango

The worst music in the entire series? You serious? Pfffffffffffffft.

Man whatever, I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep.

Are you serious too? Pffffffffffs.

Well, if you say so, I gots to find my lost piece.

Edited by Jango

the Last story, during the Super transformation, my God, what happened to their chests? That shit become terriblely pixelated

The GameCube version's character textures were always extremely flat. It's a shame the porting team didn't import them from the Dreamcast version.

The GameCube version's character textures were always extremely flat. It's a shame the porting team didn't import them from the Dreamcast version.

Then it's true? I always thought that the textures were better in the GC, but it looks like it's just some in-game shadows and lightning. I still don't know why SEGA pick up the GC version to port, claiming it as a Dreamcast game. I know the GC version is newer, but c'mon.

Edited by Jango