Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

Death Chamber is the ONLY treasure hunting level where I came across a spawning glitch. (it always seemed to happen in that red/orange room. I'd be ON TOP OF where it should be (I have the exclamation point over Knuckles' head and the radar be beeping red), but when I dug, nothing came out.

Always seemed to be my third one too...

I actually found Death Chamber to be worse than Meteor Herd...granted, it's not as bad as Mad Space, but still. :V

• Thumbs Up 3

Yep, sorry I got the name wrong. It's Death Chamber. D=

I don't know. When I restarted the stage, it took me around 8 minutes to find all pieces. I pretty sure I looked everywhere, and the radar wasn't picking up anything at all.

But really, you shouldn't spend an hour looking for one piece of the Master Emerald. That's crazy. I mean, if I didn't restart I'll probably hit that mark. Which other platforming game has a level that can take up to an hour for an average gamer?! (Don't get confused between chapters and levels!) Then the annoying hints those computers give you which hardly helps at all. Like for example, "In the ground." Okay, how is that suppose to help anyone?! Completely useless!

I really do fear of Knuckles' last stage I have yet to go through. Treasure hunting levels in this game sucks. And I really, really liked Knuckles stages in Adventure 1. The hint bubbles in Adventure 1 showing you the way the next piece is, is a trillion times better than those most of the time useless computer hints.

Trust me, Ming, if you hate Death Chamber, then you're gonna outright loathe Meteor Herd. While you can't get lost in it (as easily), the stage is huge! Last time I went through the stage, even with prior knowledge of what to do, it still took me over an hour to find all the Emerald Shards!

• Thumbs Up 1

...But Meteor Herd is my favourite stage in the game...

No seriously, I absolutely love the music and design of the stage, it's just a pain in the ass to play through!

• Thumbs Up 4

Meteor Herd is slightly better because you can move around a lot more quickly, and get some nice speed in the open area at the bottom, and drill dive right from the top. It's still lame, but it has it's moments.

Theoretically this allows you to get around more easily and makes it a bit easier.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Meteor Heard is shit. But mainly because of navigation.

Once you learn where the springs are and how to get off each 'planet' it's not that bad to quickly locate where the em000r000ulds are. Problem with Death Chamber is that you have to run from one side to the other and the radar only picks up when you're in the right room. Meteor Herd however it pings when you're close to the planet in question.

I'm going to assume people's problem with Mad Space is the gravity physics rather than the emerald hunting, because the only problem I've had in that stage is being stuck on one planet and popping a blood vessel trying to get the fuck off of it.

• Thumbs Up 8

Evidently this isn't everyone's experience with it, but I've rarely had a problem with Meteor Herd myself. Occasionally you get a bullshit emerald that takes a while, but you can always restart the level to get an easier hunt. Mad Space's gravity crap is a pain in the arse though.

Evidently this isn't everyone's experience with it, but I've rarely had a problem with Meteor Herd myself. Occasionally you get a bullshit emerald that takes a while, but you can always restart the level to get an easier hunt. Mad Space's gravity crap is a pain in the arse though.

I think most of the hate for Meteor Herd comes from Mission 2.

Player: "Alright, I've got 97 rings with plenty of time left for the A-rank, and there's a row of 3 rings for me to pick up!"

*unavoidable meteor appears out of nowhere and hits Knuckles*

Player: "Mother fucker!"

• Thumbs Up 6

I think most of the hate for Meteor Herd comes from Mission 2.

Player: "Alright, I've got 97 rings with plenty of time left for the A-rank, and there's a row of 3 rings for me to pick up!"

*unavoidable meteor appears out of nowhere and hits Knuckles*

Player: "Mother fucker!"

On the flipside, I use a different method for 100 rings that requires you to get hit so the restart ring appears. And you know what? Meteors keep fucking missing me!

• Thumbs Up 2

On the flipside, I use a different method for 100 rings that requires you to get hit so the restart ring appears. And you know what? Meteors keep fucking missing me!

Do go on... I'd like to hear this method.

Yeah, I used that technique.

You start the level and pick up one ring. You then deliberately get hit my a meteor (which can be tricky), which causes the restart ring to appear. I assume that means that there are ONLY 100 rings on that level. You then collect the 50 plus rings that are at ground level, take the restart ring and get the same 50 rings at ground level again. Easy A rank.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's because Heroes was on a different game engine than the Adventure titles (they rather clumsily switched to Renderware so they could make the porting process easier), and Secret Rings was waggle bullshit (and launch window waggle bullshit at that). Can't really be blamed for either of those things.

Yeah, I used that technique.

You start the level and pick up one ring. You then deliberately get hit my a meteor (which can be tricky), which causes the restart ring to appear. I assume that means that there are ONLY 100 rings on that level. You then collect the 50 plus rings that are at ground level, take the restart ring and get the same 50 rings at ground level again. Easy A rank.

Both Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes has the double-tap glitch in PAL regions on 40 Mhz displays, so I'm inclined to believe that there was a very similar engine underneath them both.

I'm sad to find out this game has no planned Wii U release which is disappointing. I do not own a xbox or PS3 and really don't want the planned PC version so maybe im out of luck. Was really looking forward to this new HD release since my Gamecube copy broke a few years ago and is insanely expensive to replace on ebay.

Both Sonic Adventure 2 and Heroes has the double-tap glitch in PAL regions on 40 Mhz displays, so I'm inclined to believe that there was a very similar engine underneath them both.

Nope. Heroes was totally new for the sake of portability. That's what the massive dip in quality between SA2 and Heroes can be attributed to- a new Renderware based engine that the team were wholly unused to after previously working only on their own engines, that had their roots on the Saturn and were designed for SEGA's hardware. That double tap glitch is the result of Sonic Team just handling the refresh rate discrepancies in a very hap-hazard and easy way. FTR though, I've never seen or heard of it in Heroes.

Edited by Blue Blood

since my Gamecube copy broke a few years ago and is insanely expensive to replace on ebay.

It costs $10 used on eBay & Amazon.

So, after reading the rail controls discussion in this topis, I loaded up SA2B and selected Final Rush to play through.

Turns out I had problems with the balancing mechanic and Sonic kept falling into atmosphere. Weird thing is, I used to have no problem with the rails in Final Rush.huh.png

DAMN YOU AND YOUR RAIL CONTROL DISCUSSIONS!!! XO

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah so its been awhile so I'm just going to bring this up again for the sake of asking. is there any news on the PC port yet?

At this point it looks like we will be waiting just as long as with Sonic CD 2011.

But guys! You who are hit by meteors in Meteor Herd, you just have to follow the lyrics!

"Don't let it hit you, move! Don't let it hit you, move, move, move!" :D

Love the Knux raps, I can't get mad at his levels xD

It costs $10 used on eBay & Amazon.

May look into it again because it seems to be my best option right now since I don't own a HD console, but before I checked it was quite a bit of money, thanks for the heads up.

In every Treasure level, I never look for computer tips, and I always reset if it takes me longer than 3 minutes.

I just follow a route throughout a level so fast that the emeralds are easy to get.

An hour to do a level is ludicrous. If you take more than 5 minutes, restart, please.

For Meteor Herd, it's more likely for the Emeralds to be in the middle of level; very, very unlikely to be in the surrounding floor. So, as soon as the level starts, I go straight for the spring in front of me, get on the rocket in the top volcano platform, then turn 180 degrees and glide to the nearest rocket, and then climb all the way to the top of the level. If at that point, I haven't detected any Emeralds, I glide on the top tier of the level one full revolution, and then I glide downwards in a circle through the level, and I can pull ALL of this off in one minute roughly. Sometimes, I go overtime for the first shard, but never for the other 2; if I know my first shard was found on the top, I know I don't have to be up there ever again, so the other 2 shards are in a smaller range of possibilities.

For Mad Space, I take the rocket with the blue lights, and then take the rocket on top of the nearest planet, and climb to the top of the level, and repeat Knuckles' instructions, but I go from one planet to another, always knowing if a shard was found in a planet, no other ones will be there.

Guys, it's not that hard.

Nope. Heroes was totally new for the sake of portability. That's what the massive dip in quality between SA2 and Heroes can be attributed to- a new Renderware based engine that the team were wholly unused to after previously working only on their own engines, that had their roots on the Saturn and were designed for SEGA's hardware. That double tap glitch is the result of Sonic Team just handling the refresh rate discrepancies in a very hap-hazard and easy way. FTR though, I've never seen or heard of it in Heroes.

I had the Playstation 2 version of Sonic Heroes. Double-tap glitch galore.

One of the few times I've been glad to buy the same game twice, because once I got to play it without the double-tap glitch and with a normal frame-rate it was like a whole new experience.