Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

I had the Playstation 2 version of Sonic Heroes. Double-tap glitch galore.

One of the few times I've been glad to buy the same game twice, because once I got to play it without the double-tap glitch and with a normal frame-rate it was like a whole new experience.

Right, there you go then. You just gave a perfect answer to your problem- The PS2 version. I don't know the technical in-and-outs of it, but on SA2B it's to do with the refresh and frame rates. It would make sense for the same to be the problem on Heroes PS2. SA2B runs at double the frame rate than the source material on Dreamcast, while Heroes PS2 at half the GCN version.

An hour to do a level is ludicrous. If you take more than 5 minutes, restart, please.

Guys, it's not that hard.

An hour to do a level is fine when you're just dossing around with some mates. We spent a good hour and a half on The Doom in ShTH because Maria is just so much fun to play as.

Edited by Blue Blood

An hour to do a level is fine when you're just dossing around with some mates. We spent a good hour and a half on The Doom in ShTH because Maria is just so much fun to play as.

Bit of a digression, I know, but I gotta ask: Can Maria even attack enemies when she's controlled by a second player?

Bit of a digression, I know, but I gotta ask: Can Maria even attack enemies when she's controlled by a second player?

Yeah. She can do a bitch slap instead of the standard punch everyone else has. I think her jump might inflict damage too.

• Thumbs Up 3

Finally got the last A-ranks. Now for hours of going in and out of Mission Street mission 5 to grind chao fodder. Yay!

Mission Street? oh no... hold my hand SSMB. I really don't want to do this (Apologies for shitty cellphone pics but I was literally playing this... when I read the post).

578419_10151089900215334_960489719_n.jpg

427872_10151089901125334_2069288703_n.jpg

Edited by Andrew Albacia
  • Thumbs Up 1

Right, there you go then. You just gave a perfect answer to your problem- The PS2 version. I don't know the technical in-and-outs of it, but on SA2B it's to do with the refresh and frame rates. It would make sense for the same to be the problem on Heroes PS2. SA2B runs at double the frame rate than the source material on Dreamcast, while Heroes PS2 at half the GCN version.

Is it possible to change a Hero chao into a neutral or Dark chao? I don't wanna have to raise a second chao to peak physical perfection for the Dark races.

Is it possible to change a Hero chao into a neutral or Dark chao? I don't wanna have to raise a second chao to peak physical perfection for the Dark races.

Sometimes in life you have to do things you don't want to do.

This is one of those times.

You can have it reincarnated which resets it. It will still be leaned towards the hero side, so you'll need to pet it with Dark types.

Should've done what I did...

I raised 3 Chao: one Hero, one Dark, and one Neutral. I raised the Hero and Chao to level 10's just to get them to evolve, and I kept balancing the Neutral until it would evolve.

After Neutral evolves, you can take him to Hero Chao and take advantage of the overpowered fruits and animal glitch, and voila: now I have a Chao that can race in EVERY single race, and WIN.

Okay, well I am making progress with the A ranks. I have only got 11 more missions to A rank. All of Final Rush, all of Cannon's Core and Mission 4 of Crazy Gadget.

I have just A ranked Mission 5 of Crazy Gadget at my 4th attempt. A relatively painless task. I would have A ranked it at my third attempt. Unfortunately, when I pressed the switch which activates the rocket (that destroys the green wall/radiation that blocks the goal ring), a box fell on top of Sonic, and when I tried to move, Sonic fell through the floor and died. I nearly burst a blood vessel in dis-belief.

I will say one thing though about the Artifical Aliens enemies.........

I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!

I needed dozens of attempts to get the A rank on Mission 5 of Final Chase. Getting the required points isn't the problem, it's staying alive throughout the stage! Thanks to some ridiculous glitchs, Sonic home attacking in completely the wrong direction-to his doom, and those damn Artifical Chaos badniks! It just made that stage hell.

You know, I really like SA2 (one of my favourite 3d Sonic games), but would it have killed Sonic Team to perfect the homing attack, put the bounce attack and light (ring) dash on separate buttons, and to get rid of the endless glitchs before release. Arghhhhh!

On a lighter happier note, I also A ranked Missions 4 & 5 of both City Escape and Metal Harbor today, which I was very pleased with.

Edited by NightwingFox

Sonic home attacking in completely the wrong direction-to his doom, and those damn Artifical Chaos badniks! It just made that stage hell.

You know, I really like SA2 (one of my favourite 3d Sonic games), but would it have killed Sonic Team to perfect the homing attack, put the bounce attack and light (ring) dash on separate buttons, and to get rid of the endless glitchs before release. Arghhhhh!

I will never understand how can people hate the painfully glitchy nature of the game and still love it to death. It just sounds contradictory to me

• Thumbs Up 1

Run straight at the Artificial Chaos and jump at their head after they've attacked. Their arms should just go straight past you if you keep running.

I will never understand how can people hate the painfully glitchy nature of the game and still love it to death. It just sounds contradictory to me

I hate it when people use the following excuse to defend stuff, I really do, but I have to be honest: I honestly never run into many deadly glitches in this game. Like, obviously, I've never had the double jump glitch because I live in the USA. Also, out of all the glitches I DO happen to run into (without, you know, looking), only one or two have caused me to restart the level (like the Death Chamber glitch where one of the keys doesn't spawn) and the rest are minor ones, (like in Final Rush, I can jump down the rail and skip to the lower part of it, I am able to pass through the wall on my way to it, but I still have plenty of time to get back to the rail)

Edited by Mr.Snarf

It took me 5 minutes and 56 seconds to complete Meteor Herd. It was my first time playing this stage, and it was easy. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

It took me 5 minutes and 56 seconds to complete Meteor Herd. It was my first time playing this stage, and it was easy. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

You simply got lucky that time. My usual runthrough of the level, even with full knowledge of the area and the controls, takes between 10-20 minutes.

Apart from the ring challenge Meteor Herd ain't all that horrible. Mad Space can die in a fire, though. I can't believe they had the gall to put one of the Hard Mode emeralds right in the eye of the hurricane of Planet Control-Screw.

You know there is sometimes this emerald going around a bar in Meteor Herd? I missed it by like 0.5cm all the time I tried to get it. The first time I almost got it was like 5 minutes and I finished the stage in 17 mins.

I've been seeing "I just replayed SA2 and realized it sucks" topics on other forums every once and a while for the past few years... And even back when the Adventures were new, I remember a lot of magazines and websites ripping on 'em. When Adventure DX came out I remember the non-Sonic forums I lurked (like DK Vine) had 3D Sonic hatefests going on. In 2003, I got Mega Collection instead of DX out of wariness because I didn't get games very often back then, maybe only once or twice a year.

To me it seemed like the Adventure games were just eventually praised in comparison to what came after, and by Nintendo fans who had the excitement of them being their first Sonic games.

I first played the game when I had just turned fourteen, in 2005. I liked it. I wasn't in love with it, but I liked the atmosphere and I enjoyed Sonic's gameplay. Even at the time, though, I thought the non-hedgehogs were just so boring to play as. I beat the Hero story just because I was racing with my brother who was going through the Dark story, but I didn't get very far in the Dark story before I just gave up. Without the excitement of competition I just felt no point in playing a game that was barely even Sonic, gameplay-wise. I stopped at some Eggman desert level. A year later I got the first Adventure and loved it because it focused on mainly Sonic and even his levels were so much more fun. I didn't like Amy or Big, but Gamma and Knuckles were so much less tedious to play than they were in Adventure 2.

A couple years after that, I decided to replay Adventure 2. I once again got through the Hero story, but when it came time to do the Dark story, I got my Action Replay out and just played through Rouge's stages with Sonic. Goal rings are much easier to find than Chaos Emeralds.

Except Mad Space didn't have a goal ring.

To this day, there's a file on my memory card that is stuck at Mad Space.

It's not like I didn't try to beat Mad Space with Rouge, I really did.

Anyway, I actually like the soundtrack. It's nothing like previous Sonic music but I like it for what it is. The rap music is so bad it's good, but if the vocals were lifted they'd be great tracks on their own.

The story is probably too melodramatic for Sonic, though. It's been a while.

I plan on finally beating this thing when it comes out for Xbox 360.

Steve knows what's up, Ryan Drummond rocks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just realised that I honestly don't care about unlocking Green Hill. I got all the A-ranks, which was a hell of a job and admittedly equal parts frustration and satisfaction, but I've already seen 3D Green Hill on my Gamecube. Hours upon hours upon hours of force-feeding crystal shards, innocent baby animals and gene tampered fruit to not just one but TWO fat little chao is a chore I've been putting off. So screw it. Playthrough over.

I feel like a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders. Ahhhhhh...

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just realised that I honestly don't care about unlocking Green Hill. I got all the A-ranks, which was a hell of a job and admittedly equal parts frustration and satisfaction, but I've already seen 3D Green Hill on my Gamecube. Hours upon hours upon hours of force-feeding crystal shards, innocent baby animals and gene tampered fruit to not just one but TWO fat little chao is a chore I've been putting off. So screw it. Playthrough over.

Yeah, I can agree. I already got Green Hill once on the Gamecube version, I don't know if I want to spend 50+ hours trying to get it again. A-Ranking every mission was just hell on me.

Well I am going to Unlock Green Hill (although that will have to wait a bit, as I will be playing Assassin Creed 3).

I have 6 missions that I still need to A rank. I will also need to raise my Dark Chao, to make it good enough to win the Dark Chao races.

Hmm. Meteor Herd may be my least liked stage, especially with the 100 ring mission.

Oh hey, I just need 5 more rings to go! *cue random meteor falling from the sky* Well damn.