Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 Discussion, Speculation, Media Topic

Stritix

...Is it sad that I never knew how to do the animal glitch until today? Been raising chao traditionally since day one. fml orz

I'll never get all the emblems in Sonic Adventure 2 because Chaos suck. What happens when you get them all? I read on cheat sites you get Green Hill from Sonic Generations but is that all? Can you be Shadow in Green Hill?

I'll never get all the emblems in Sonic Adventure 2 because Chaos suck. What happens when you get them all? I read on cheat sites you get Green Hill from Sonic Generations but is that all? Can you be Shadow in Green Hill?

When you get them all, you get a 3D version of the original Green Hill Zone Act 1 from the original Sonic game, not the one from Generations. tongue.png Also, you can't be Shadow in Green Hill, unless you have an Action Replay for the Gamecube version or something along those lines.

Edited by Mykonos

Green Hill Zone in this game is NOT the same from Generations. Imagine if they took the original Genesis one, and made it 3D. That's exactly what they did, but of course, it has been adapted. No, you cannot be Shadow in Green Hill.

Here:

Thanks. I haven't played the old Sonics. The graphics are really cheap it hurts my eyes hahahahaha.

You should go play them, like now. There's a reason they're called "classics."

Thanks. I haven't played the old Sonics. The graphics are really cheap it hurts my eyes hahahahaha.

Well, you have to understand, back in the late 80s/early 90s, they didn't have the technology for all this fancy-schmancy 3d stuff.

and also, Sonic Adventure 2 was made like 11 years ago, Generations came out like a year ago.

Have an open mind if you ever play the originals, and try to put yourself back in the 90's, when people didn't have Internet to look things up, like walkthroughs and cheats; people used magazines, which only reported on the game a couple of times and such, or through word of mouth.

I suggest you start with Sonic 2, as it is the easiest one to pick up, then go for Sonic 3 & Knuckles (make sure it says 3 & Knuckles), then Sonic 1 (keep in mind there is no Spin Dash on this one, and it feels a little slower).

• Thumbs Up 2

I have now A ranked every single stage in SA2. At lasttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!

Earned the PSN trophy 'You are the legend'. Hell yes.

To all those who helped me and gave advice on how to nail some of those shitty stages, a massive....

THANK YOU!

I haven't unlocked Green Hill just yet. I still need to power up a Dark Chao, so that I can win the Dark Chao races. I also need to increase the 'strength' of my Hero Chao to level 99, which I hope will allow me to defeat the final opponent in the Chao Karate Expert mode.

Edited by Creature of the Nightwing
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have now A ranked every single stage in SA2. At lasttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!

Earned the PSN trophy 'You are the legend'. Hell yes.

To all those who helped me and gave advice on how to nail some of those shitty stages, a massive....

THANK YOU!

I haven't unlocked Green Hill just yet. I still need to power up a Dark Chao, so that I can win the Dark Chao races. I also need to increase the 'strength' of my Hero Chao to level 99, which I hope will allow me to defeat the final opponent in the Chao Karate Expert mode.

Grats! Hopefully your chao has a decent rank in Run. If not, go all out tank and get a chao with both good defense and offense.

Green Hill

I did it, I got all 180 Emblems. I am now playing Green Hill in SA2. I am exhausted. According to the emblem result screen, I have been playing this game for 112 Hours, 28 minutes and 6 seconds. That's how determined I was to unlock Green Hill!

To unlock that extra stage is one of the hardest challenges in any game ever. I am rather pleased, but never again tongue.png.

As for Green Hill in SA2? It's alright. It's nice, nothing special. I do feel that this should have been unlockable, by just A ranking all the stages (which is so damn hard), instead of having to do the Chao tournaments as well.

Edited by NightwingFox
  • Thumbs Up 5

Green Hill

I did it, I got all 180 Emblems. I am now playing Green Hill in SA2. I am exhausted. According to the emblem result screen, I have been playing this game for 112 Hours, 28 minutes and 6 seconds. That's how determined I was to unlock Green Hill!

To unlock that extra stage is one of the hardest challenges in any game ever. I am rather pleased, but never again tongue.png.

As for Green Hill in SA2? It's alright. It's nice, nothing special. I do feel that this should have been unlockable, by just A ranking all the stages (which is so damn hard), instead of having to do the Chao tournaments as well.

could you come to my Xbox and get me 180 emblems tongue.png ?

just kidding. But yes, as much as I enjoy this game, I am absolutely horrible at 100% it. Never in my life have I A-ranked them. Hell, in most, I've never even B-ranked them. I can't even A-Rank City Escape...

no Xbox 360 action replay = I will never get Green Hill in SA2 HD

You should go play them, like now. There's a reason they're called "classics."

Well, you have to understand, back in the late 80s/early 90s, they didn't have the technology for all this fancy-schmancy 3d stuff.

and also, Sonic Adventure 2 was made like 11 years ago, Generations came out like a year ago.

Have an open mind if you ever play the originals, and try to put yourself back in the 90's, when people didn't have Internet to look things up, like walkthroughs and cheats; people used magazines, which only reported on the game a couple of times and such, or through word of mouth.

I suggest you start with Sonic 2, as it is the easiest one to pick up, then go for Sonic 3 & Knuckles (make sure it says 3 & Knuckles), then Sonic 1 (keep in mind there is no Spin Dash on this one, and it feels a little slower).

You guys are trying to convince a 10 year old. I wouldn't bother, appreciation for the classics don't come until your older if it ever does at all.

I was 8 when I played Sonic 1 thanks to the SEGA Smash Pack Volume 1 disc coming off the heels of the Adventure games and I loved it. Couldn't get past Marble Zone, but I thought the graphics were really cool. Different strokes I guess. :P

I was 8 when I played Sonic 1 thanks to the SEGA Smash Pack Volume 1 disc coming off the heels of the Adventure games and I loved it. Couldn't get past Marble Zone

Screw Marble Garden! If memory serves me right I was about 8 or 9 (1997-98, I think) when I first played Sonic 1 and Labyrinth zone was HELL!

I remember finally getting past Labyrinth Zone. I was so happy to be racing around in cheerful Starlight Zone. Then Scrap Brain killed me. Hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be only able to beat Sonic & Knuckles as Knuckles only for a long time... That was frustrating. And all because of that stupid part in Sandopolis Act 2 where Knuckles breaks rocks and Sonic needs to go through the top path. I discovered by accident.

I remember finally getting past Labyrinth Zone. I was so happy to be racing around in cheerful Starlight Zone. Then Scrap Brain killed me. Hard.

Same here). I loved and still love the music from Scrap brain. I think it's the best music track from Sonic 1.

Sandopolis Act 2
I hated that infinite sand stream loop... Took some time to make my way further. and to be honest playing it alone in a dark room kinda scarried me.. those ghosts... Edited by ArtFenix

Played all of SA2's story mode yesterday with a friend and I realized my for love this game has never died. I'm sure some of it is nostalgia, but in terms of general gameplay, I still find this to be the best that the 3D Sonic Series has to offer. The well-constructed story is icing on the cake.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, was this a good port?

or should I get Jet Set Radio instead?

Ehhh, both aren't really that good of ports, IMO, at least. Go for NiGHTS.

Doesn't NiGHTS have control issues like, it's not fluent and the controller only goes in 8 direction? I hope you know what I mean.

I have NiGHTS on PS2.

So, was this a good port?

or should I get Jet Set Radio instead?

Basically, if you liked SA2 before, you'll like it now. If you're unsure, there's actually a demo you can try out before deciding if you want to buy it.