Awoo.

Unpopular Gaming Opinions!

King Frosty

- I think Portal is a very mediocre series and isn't the funniest thing on the planet.

- I think minecraft is stupid

- Twilight Princess is my favourite Zelda game, Wind Waker close behind.

- I haven't liked Nintendo all that much since the Gamecube days and find them to be a very unoriginal company since then. Unlike a lot of other people I find what they do 'gimmicky' rather than 'innovative'. In other words - I find them to be nothing more than a fad now.

- Adding on to that point too - I want to slap all the other game companies too for copying their stupid motion controls. I hate motion controls and I want them to go away, or at least for every game that utilizes them to offer up a traditional control method.

- I think the whole PC vs Console argument is dumb and don't get why people love to push it. "PC Master Race" and "Console Whateverthefucks" can gtfo.

Just some of mine.

• Thumbs Up 1

I legitimately think Megaman X6 is a good game, If not a rather cheap one, I really don't like the Legends series, and couldn't have cared any less about Legends 3's cancellation.

I think Super Mario Sunshine is a more enjoyable game than Mario 64, I have no qualms with Pokemon Black/White's post game. I don't care for Rayman 2 at all, and I think that epic storylines and awesome atmosphere can't carry a shitty game.

I've never played a Megaman, Metroid or Final Fantasy game before.

These aren't really opinions. Just excuses for other people to tell you to go play them!

Anyway I've got mine,

- Mega Man X has one of the shittiest art styles/character designs of any game I've played.

- Zero's NOT cool, guys.

- Mario Kart Double Dash is the most fun Mario Kart game.

- Symphony of the Night wasn't as good as most of the other DS Metroidvanias.

- Pretty much every Rayman game I've played besides Origins was lousy.

- Grand Theft Auto is mostly really boring.

-I don't see a difference between ANY shooter. I mean, most share similar controls and have almost the exact weapons the others use. Okay, maybe the sto-er- "Campaign" is different from others, but still, in the end, one faction disagrees with another, so we have to send our men in to fight our battles with awkward camera control (in my opinion anyway). I swear to god, if I ever see CoD in the World's Best game series in my lifetime, I will lose all hope for humanity.

I honestly felt the way you did at a point, and I still feel that way about MOST shooters, but I honestly urge you to play some of Valve's games. At the very least Portal and Team Fortress 2. They're both very unique games.

Nothing like CoD. In fact, most CoD dudebro gamers I've seen don't even like TF2 because it defies a lot of what they've come to expect.

I think it's bullshit how there's no one who ships Mega Man Volnutt and Tron Bonne, yet everyone ships Mega Man with that

There's almost no fanart, no doujinshi, no fanfics on this pairing. And whenever I do come across a doujin that involves them, it is always Tron raping Volnutt before Roll has to come to save his sorry ass. What's the deal, internet!?

Just to drive my frustration home, I once found a doujinshi where it looked like both characters were actually a pairing. But at the end, it is revealed that Mega Man was really a Servbot in disguise. It's like these artists are fucking taunting me! FUCK 'EM ALL, I SAY.

I hope this is the topic for this, by the way!

[media=]
  • Thumbs Up 1

• I enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII
  • Mario is getting stale for me now (apart from Sunshine and Galaxy 1, I haven't really enjoyed his games).
  • Third Person Shooters are SOOOOOO much better than First Person Shooters.
  • I prefer Rayman 3 to Rayman 2 (I found Rayman 2 so boring that I didn't even finish it)
  • I enjoyed playing as the Werehog
  • I enjoyed Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Heroes (hell, I even 100% the game)
  • I don't find Sonic slippery to control in the Daytime sections of Sonic Unleashed, same in Sonic Heroes.

Edited by KrazyBean14

I'm guessing this is what I perceive could be an unpopular opinion:

Call of Duty or Halo =/= all FPSes. Not by a long goddamn shot. There are a million ways to make a shooter, so when I see people that seem to think these are literally the only two franchises that define the whole genre, it makes me wonder how much or little exposure, understanding, or creativity they have.

H-Here I go....

-Other M was decent, the visuals were great and it's the best looking game on the wii. There's many things i liked about that game, including the story and enemy design

-The Legend of Zelda, wow what a boring series I love games where you can explore and there's tons of optional stuff. But there's yet to be a Zelda game that I like. I never force myself to hate the games either. So I don't judge one game and then assume the rest of the series is bad.

I did like the first Zelda and TP though.

Speaking of Zelda. Ocarina of time is overrated garbage. The graphics even for its time looked like trash. There's so many better Zelda games than OOT, textures looked blotchy and stretched. Character models were basically just shapes. (Thoug to be fair FF7 had some nice pre-rendered backgrounds but even worse character models than Zelda)

-Final Fantasy never went down hill they're all different and they have their own stories and gameplay styles.

-Sonic isn't back, he never left. Like Final Fantasy each game is different.. now we have 3 games that are entirely similar because some people can't deal with change.

-Please do something different with Pokemon the 1st and 2nd games were fine (Blue and red) (Silver and gold) But come on they're bascically obvious rehases. Make a main series title on the Wii U with 3-D graphics.

-The new designs don't look stupid, they look more like 'pocket MONSTERS' then the first gen's did. Take off those nostalgia goggles.

Gen 1 and 2 both had silly designs. (Voltorb, Pidgey, Mr. Mime etc)

-Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 was never emo. Stop saying he was. Advent Children ruined him. It's like Square Enix forgot what happened in FF7.

-Fangirls, please play the games first before saying you're fans of FF7, just because you've read about it and seen AC doesn't make you fans.

-Persona 3 > Persona 4

-Kingdom hearts is an amazing series. Some might consider it overrated but every game is a pleasure to play

-Mega man 7 is a good game!

-Minecraft is a dull game, made by one of the laziest developers out there. Even when 1.0 was released Notch still said there still needs to be bug fixes. Even today they're still fixing it.

-Indie devs (this applies to Minecraft) Stop it with the retro style. Minecraft does not look like the old games I used to play I don't remember a 3-D game EVER looking like that. I don't remember Crash bandicoot being blocky.

-Fez is garbage

Edited by Alice Twilight

Oh, Mario Strikers Charged Football (or just Mario Strikers Charged for you American folk) was the only Mario sports game I genuinly enjoyed playing...and I don't even like Football games that much.

I don't know wether this is an Unpopular Opinion or not but I'm just saying.

-I did like the first Zelda and TP though.

Speaking of Zelda. Ocarina of time is overrated garbage. The graphics even for its time looked like trash. There's so many better Zelda games than OOT, textures looked blotchy and stretched. Character models were basically just shapes. (Thoug to be fair FF7 had some nice pre-rendered backgrounds but even worse character models than Zelda)

-Sonic isn't back, he never left. Like Final Fantasy each game is different.. now we have 3 games that are entirely similar because some people can't deal with change.

-Please do something different with Pokemon the 1st and 2nd games were fine (Blue and red) (Silver and gold) But come on they're bascically obvious rehases. Make a main series title on the Wii U with 3-D graphics.

-The new designs don't look stupid, they look more like 'pocket MONSTERS' then the first gen's did. Take off those nostalgia goggles.

Gen 1 and 2 both had silly designs. (Voltorb, Pidgey, Mr. Mime etc)

I fully agree with all these points...especially the bolded ones.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Oh, Mario Strikers Charged Football (or just Mario Strikers Charged for you American folk) was the only Mario sports game I genuinly enjoyed playing...and I don't even like Football games that much.

I don't know wether this is an Unpopular Opinion or not but I'm just saying.

I fully agree with all these points...especially the bolded ones.

About the graphics I'm not saying if it had better graphics it'd be a better game. It'd mean they can now implement so much more into games with the technology they're developing it for.

I'm a girl gamer don't flirt with me silly boys (die)

• My first Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and it's been my only favourite Sonic game.
  • Due to massive amounts of hype online, I've never bothered playing games from the following series and I probably never will: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Touhou, and Tales
  • I'm not a big fan of First-Person games. Especially First-Person Shooters.
  • I don't know about you but Kirby is one baller motherfucker and he will always have the best games. No matter how easy-peasy they are, they're cute and fun and who doesn't like that?
  • I hate a lot of MMOs, but I absolutely adore Ragnarök Online. It never gets boring and it holds some nostalgic value to me.
  • Cave Story is underrated and I think more people should try it out. I reccomend playing the freeware version before touching any others (Wiiware/DSiware, Plus, and 3D) so your views on the game aren't totally skewed.
  • I don't care which generation of Pokémon you think is best/worst, they all have their pros and cons! JEEZE.
  • Out of all The Legend of Zelda games I've played, Wind Waker is my favourite. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were nothing but trash.
  • Cooking Mama is pretty neat. Don't laugh at me please...
  • Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong 64 are pretty damn ace.

Yeah that's about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• My first Sonic game was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and it's been my only favourite Sonic game.
  • Due to massive amounts of hype online, I've never bothered playing games from the following series and I probably never will: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Touhou, and Tales
  • I don't know about you but Kirby is one baller motherfucker and he will always have the best games. No matter how easy-peasy they are, they're cute and fun and who doesn't like that?
  • I hate a lot of MMOs, but I absolutely adore Ragnarök Online. It never gets boring and it holds some nostalgic value to me.
  • Cave Story is underrated and I think more people should try it out. I reccomend playing the freeware version before touching any others (Wiiware/DSiware, Plus, and 3D) so your views on the game aren't totally skewed.
  • I don't care which generation of Pokémon you think is best/worst, they all have their pros and cons! JEEZE.
  • Out of all The Legend of Zelda games I've played, Wind Waker is my favourite. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were nothing but trash.

Yeah that's about it.

Cooking Mama is not neat, it's great. Most fun I've had on a DS.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah that's about it.

These are unpopular? o.o

• Thumbs Up 1

Brawl is better then melee.

Final Fantasy XII is the best post ps1 Final Fantasy.

Lords Of Shadow was a great Castlevania game.

Kingdom Hearts is a great series

Classic Resident Evil sucks

And I like Star Fox Assault.

Edited by Falco

Well I have noticed a larger amount of retro stuff going around lately, but I don't see much of a Cave Story fanbase going on. Please direct me to one. ; ;

Cave story is kinda old news now. But it still has a large fanbase and it's well loved.

I have it on PC and 3DS because I liked it so much.

Infact...I have an idea.

I'm not sure if my ones are actually all that unpopular, but:

-In terms of the mainstream gaming market, I would count my dedication to the Sonic series as an unpopular opinion.

-I have grown to hate almost any sort of collectibles in games, especially when there's too many of them. For example, FUCK collecting all the Bananas in DK64 or all the jigsaw pieces in the Banjo-Kazooie games. And fuck the medals in 06 and Unleashed, and the amount of Pokemon (especially event exclusive ones) can fuck off. When the quantity is comparatively small and mostly optional though, I can tolerate them. ie, Red Rings.

-I think that all aspects of a game must be well balanced for it to be considered a truly great game. A game is a package including graphics, story/script/characterization, music, sounds, interaction, etc, and skimming on any one of these DOES reflect on the quality of the game overall. This does not make me a graphics fanatic, as stylistic and simplistic graphics can work well in stylistic or simple games.

-I would prefer a fully voiced game or completely mute with just text dialogue over gibberish speak. This applies to Rayman, Zelda, and ANY other series that falls victim to gibberish speak, even Banjo-Kazooie.

-I am fucking tired of the lack of colors in mainstream games. I know the brown and grey argument is old by now, but that's because the problem is still relevant today.

-I am TIRED of the angst-ridden teenage main characters that have become so dominant in JRPGS and other gaming genres (mostly only for Japanese games but some Western games fall victim to this too). Mostly looking at you, Final Fantasy- basically EVERY main character from 7 onward has been this, so I consider every main character since Cloud a retread of the same character.

-I think the PS3 and 360 were majorly disappointing consoles, while the Wii was a surprisingly good console despite initial impressions and criticisms.

-Shipping characters is mostly stupid to me. I prefer to let a story tell itself rather than try and predict or make shit up, and that includes the romance, if there even IS any.

I don't care if it's Nintendo Hard and the graphics are of early 80s quality, Frogger: He's Back is the best game of the entire damn franchise, with Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge #2.

I'm not sure if my ones are actually all that unpopular, but:

-In terms of the mainstream gaming market, I would count my dedication to the Sonic series as an unpopular opinion.

-I have grown to hate almost any sort of collectibles in games, especially when there's too many of them. For example, FUCK collecting all the Bananas in DK64 or all the jigsaw pieces in the Banjo-Kazooie games. And fuck the medals in 06 and Unleashed, and the amount of Pokemon (especially event exclusive ones) can fuck off. When the quantity is comparatively small and mostly optional though, I can tolerate them. ie, Red Rings.

-I think that all aspects of a game must be well balanced for it to be considered a truly great game. A game is a package including graphics, story/script/characterization, music, sounds, interaction, etc, and skimming on any one of these DOES reflect on the quality of the game overall. This does not make me a graphics fanatic, as stylistic and simplistic graphics can work well in stylistic or simple games.

-I would prefer a fully voiced game or completely mute with just text dialogue over gibberish speak. This applies to Rayman, Zelda, and ANY other series that falls victim to gibberish speak, even Banjo-Kazooie.

-I am fucking tired of the lack of colors in mainstream games. I know the brown and grey argument is old by now, but that's because the problem is still relevant today.

-I am TIRED of the angst-ridden teenage main characters that have become so dominant in JRPGS and other gaming genres (mostly only for Japanese games but some Western games fall victim to this too). Mostly looking at you, Final Fantasy- basically EVERY main character from 7 onward has been this, so I consider every main character since Cloud a retread of the same character.

-I think the PS3 and 360 were majorly disappointing consoles, while the Wii was a surprisingly good console despite initial impressions and criticisms.

-Shipping characters is mostly stupid to me. I prefer to let a story tell itself rather than try and predict or make shit up, and that includes the romance, if there even IS any.

- Call of Duty 4 is a good game. Call of Duty has always been about the big set-pieces (Pegasus Bridge, Crossing the Volga, Pavlov's House etc.) and this was no exception, especially with All Ghillied Up/One Shot, One kill, probably the two best levels in the entire series. The multiplayer was also incredibly tight, and the only real competition it had at the time of release was Team Fortress 2. Yes, it was completely derivative (all of the gamemodes were copied across from CoD/CoD2) and it did introduce two of my now pet hates (killstreaks and perks), which, at the time, were so limited in scope they actually enhanced the gameplay. Then MW2 came out and fucked that all to hell. CoD4 will always be one of my favourite games.

- Beyond Good and Evil is a better Zelda game than Nintendo could ever hope to produce. BG&E has come closer to Zelda than any other game I've played, and then surpasses it in almost every possible way. Continuing with Zelda...

- Wind Waker is the best Zelda game. The only way it could be improved is if it had Twilight Princess' combat system, instead of the reactive "Push A when you hear a noise" we got instead.

- The best Mario game is Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, and the first time Nintendo did something different with the main series was Sunshine, which relied on one gimmick in order for it to stand out.

- Modern games are too long. I miss the days of being able to complete a game in an afternoon. I recently revisited Dino Crisis 2 (one of my favourite games on PS1) and I finished it in just over 4 hours. Once I'd finished it, I had the urge to replay it almost immediately. With most modern games I will only get the urge to play them again after 6 months, and even then I rarely replay games any more, simply because of their length.

-Silent Hill 2 is one of the most boring games I've ever played. Other than the running around town explorey bits, the 'dungeons' or whatever (Apartements, Hospital etc) are dire. The game devolves into a locked door simulator, with the focus shifting towards checking every door you come across until you find one that opens, battering the monster in the room beyond, then picking up whatever's there. The combat is frustrating, the camera is nauseatingly bad at times, and the game isn't scary in the slightest. Whenever I come across a monster, my first thought isn't "Oh my! A monster!", but instead "Oh just fuck off already". Can someone please explain why Silent Hill 2 is held in such high regard?

- Most Sonic games are actually quite boring.

I hate how the grand return of 2D platforming has mostly consisted of more-than-Nintendo-hard indie titles with twitchy, tiny level-based gameplay that's filled with trial and error and replaying the same thing over and over until you achieve the perfection required to win. I also dislike that so few people seem to care about making just a solid 2D platformer with good level design, and say, impressive visuals, story or character design to make it unique. Everything has to have some kind of gimmick that intrudes on the traditional platforming. Oh, and finally, any platformer which has a wall-jump that can be abused to scale a single wall I will near instantly fall out with. N+ is the only one I've enjoyed and that's only because of the level editor. The built-in levels were so fucking annoying I barely finished half of them.

And some little ones:

- Really enjoyed Metroid: Other M.

- Mario 3 is the least enjoyable Mario game for me (excluding Lost Levels). My hate for it entirely stems from World 8 being an absoloute piece of crap in terms of level design. Just endless bullet hell scrolling levels with no health items anywhere. That is not what Mario is about.

- I really can't get into 2D Zelda games (that includes Phantom Hourglass, though haven't played Spirit Tracks). I find them really really boring and it's so easy to get lost without the ability to "look around" like you can naturally in a 3D Zelda.

- I borrowed a playstation off a friend about 6 or so years back so I could finally play the gaming legend that was Final Fantasy 7. It was one of the most awful and boring games I've ever played, and possibly one of the ugliest too. Granted, I'm not into turn-based RPGs whatsoever, and this was pretty much the pinncale of the genre, so don't take that too to heart FF fans.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have one which is almost a taboo.

Harry Potter had some really good games. Philosophers Stone on Ps1, great. Chamber of Secrets on Ps1, great. Prisoner of Azkaban on anything, amazing. Order of the Phoenix on anything, great. It's a shame the series became Modern Wandfare afterwards.

- I like Sonic better than Mario

- I think Red and Blue are actually the worst pokemon games because of how horribly broken the Psychic type was (especially Mewtwo).

- I think Madden games, no, ALL sports games suck because it's basically the same damn game every year. The only changes being an updated roster and slightly better graphics. They should really stop making sports games completely because why should I play a game of something I can either watch on tv, go to the stadium and watch, or better yet play in real life? Besides sports games are boring anyway