Awoo.

Unpopular Gaming Opinions!

King Frosty

I didn't mind paying Tingle to translate Triforce maps in Wind Waker. It's not like there was any other use for all those rupees I had lying around. Actually finding the maps could be a pain at times, and I feel bad knowing that there are people who did it without a guide.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish crash would make a comeback. Too bad Activision screwed him over royally.

I also wish Capcom would've at least made Mega Man a DLC character for UMvC3. I mean come on! He's their freaking mascot! Leaving him out of that game is like Nintendo leaving Mario out of the next Smash Bros to me.

I didn't mind paying Tingle to translate Triforce maps in Wind Waker. It's not like there was any other use for all those rupees I had lying around. Actually finding the maps could be a pain at times, and I feel bad knowing that there are people who did it without a guide.

Sort of agree. I don't necessarily think the whole treasure chart system was necessary (you could have just found them in the actual locations rather than sea charts) but actually tracking them down was still somehow fun and satisfying.

What I will say though is payment/fishing for them aside, I really enjoy the final stretch where you track down all the Triforce Charts. All the mini-dungeons and puzzles make up for the lack of at least one of the cut dungeons to me. None of them are particularly incredible but they're all fun and sort of cosy little expeditions.

The only really disappointing thing was the ghost ship. I don't think that should have been part of the main quest, it should have remained shrouded in mystery with only the most dedicated players being rewarded with getting aboard it after a long treasure hunt of clues to solving the mystery of it. The actual ghost ship itself was disappointing too, being nothing more than fighting a few poes on a reskinned submarine room.

While the Triforce Charts are indeed the low point of Wind Waker for me, it does give the player an excuse to explore the Ocean so its tolerable in tha sense.

I liked searching for the pieces alright, but I actually did have trouble scrounging up enough rupees to pay Tingle for the charts, even though I pretty much never spent my money on anything else. Wind Waker was probably the only game in the series (until the DS games and Skyward Sword came up with a few more things to buy) where I wasn't constantly swimming in cash.

I think the Zelda series has been in gradual decline after Wind Waker and Minish Cap. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were increasingly underwhelming, Phantom Hourglass was actually borderline bad in places and Spirit Tracks was Phantom Hourglass with enough spit and polish to make it decent if nothing spectacular.

Not to say I think Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are bad, they're just... not as good as I'd expect from a Zelda game. Skyward Sword in particular is flawed and frustrating as hell in places, most of which were conscious choices by the developers which I thought dragged the game down.

Oh, and Jet Set Radio Future is an atrocious piece of shit that pisses all over the original and sucks all the fun out of it. It takes out all the good bits from the original, throws them away and pads out the bad bits into a full game. Jet Set Radio Future makes Sonic 06 look fun in comparison, in my opinion. D:

Oh, and Sonic Riders is my second favourite Sonic game ever. Yus, I like it more than Sonic Generations. >.>

(Come on, you knew that JSRF point was coming, admit it).

Edited by -Mark-

Paper Mario 1 and the Thousand Year Door are the best Mario games ever! I enjoy them more than the actual platfomers

-I honestly never gave a damn about the metroid series. There was nothing about it I like. Sure it's a FPS/Platformer whatever you want to call it series but nothing about it screams "ETERNAL, YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME" to me, it's on the level of new spyro.

-Uncharted series >>>> Crash. Yes crash back when it was on the ps1 was fantastic and he has had a few decent games since then, but Uncharted shits all over that.

-Prince of Persia 08 (the semi cell shaded game) was actually a great game. People had no taste in games that year.

-Viewtiful Joe needs another fucking game. Fuck street fighter! Viewtiful Joe needs to return either before this generation ends or sometime next generation. That was officially one of the best 2d games I've played.

Oh god I leave for four weeks and all these "unpopular" topics pop up out of nowhere! Something tells me I've missed something.

Anywho, I've got loads of unpopular gaming opinions! A matter of fact, all of mine are! Or, at least they should be. If they are popular I am being a hipster all wrong.

• I don't really care that much for the classic Sonic the Hedgehog games, despite Sonic the Hedgehog 3 being my introduction to the series.

• I freaking love digital distribution. It gives risky-to-publish titles a more viable means of getting out there, makes them easily available from the comfort of my seat, and saves me shelf space!

• Consoles are silly and I'd like to see more current generation games on PC.

• I'll tend to gravitate towards more obscure games from small indie game developers or localization teams just to support the unseen side of gaming. If I can pick between a fan-favorite AAA FPS with cutting edge high definition graphics in addition to the most advanced in-game micro-transaction making technology from a big name publisher and an unheard of anime-styled SHMUP from a tiny indie team consisting of a handful of people that miraculously got localized, I'd pick the latter every day.

(Just kidding I'd probably buy both because I have more money than sense.)

((And by probably, oh hey look Team Fortress 2 and eXceed what are you doing here I don't need any more hats or seizure inducing flashy explosions today but okay.))

Edited by HunterTSF

I don't care about the Classic Sonic Games...ever...

It looks boring to me.

I really don't like Sonic 2, and Sonic 1 is only slightly better.

Mario Galaxy 1 is better than 2 in the story department. In fact, Galaxy 2 seemed to have the charm from the first one sucked out.

Zelda isn't amazing. Well, besides OoT and Wind Waker.

I loved the sailing sections in Wind Waker! Made the world feel bigger therefore more like an epic adventure. (knowing you could go to any island you could spot in the distance)

I loved the Chao gardens in SA2! They are the main reason I played for so long after completing the game. (only including this as I hear people saying the Chao garden was pointless)

Skyward Sword is not "the best Zelda ever" like all the reviews say. It was far too easy, even on hero mode. The puzzle solving was fun, and cleverly designed (Timestone sections come to mind) However, they were not challenging. I love Skyward Sword though! Its just not the best Zelda imo.

I could never get into playing Kingdom Hearts. I love the characters and Story! I just found the gameplay boring personally.

And finally, I don't mind the old Crash Bandicoot games. But Crash's face just annoys me... It's that stupid expression..

*hides*

Also as much as I love Ocarina of Time I do think it is overrated. Considering how similar it is to A Link To the Past!

I kinda liked the legend of Spyro games.

I thought Mario Galaxy 2 wasn't as great as the first one.

I kinda liked Pokemon Battle Revolution.

I think generations 3 and 5 are the best pokemon generations.

I think serious Sam is more entertaining than Call of Duty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Um...not sure if this would be an opinion, but I never finished Majora's Mask even to this day.

The game's atmosphere scared me as a kid, and since then I've never really gotten the inclination to play it. Now I wanna finish it, but I need the game.

Honestly I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I seriously think Ubisoft is underrated. Take away the Assassin creed games and you still have one hell of a gaming company. Personally they, in my book are the best in the industry. Screw Activision, Capcom and Epic games. Ubisoft FTW!

Honestly I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I seriously think Ubisoft is underrated. Take away the Assassin creed games and you still have one hell of a gaming company. Personally they, in my book are the best in the industry. Screw Activision, Capcom and Epic games. Ubisoft FTW!

Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia, Tom Clancy, Far Cry, Rayman, and etc. They are certainly the most innovative.

Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia, Tom Clancy, Far Cry, Rayman, and etc. They are certainly the most innovative.

Yes those games/series are good or even great but you never really hear anyone brag about Ubisoft. All you here is Activision, EA, Capcom, Nintendo, Epic games, Bungie/343. Ubisoft doesn't get that much love.

I think there is a reason that Ubisoft doesn't get much love and it could be summed up in three nasty letters. D. R. M.

I think there is a reason that Ubisoft doesn't get much love and it could be summed up in three nasty letters. D. R. M.

Rayman Origins was so boring I couldn't stand to play it for more than three hours and promptly returned it to Gamefly so I could play Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions instead.

It was great at what it did, but what it did also happened to be the polar opposite of what I enjoy in platformers so...

All this talk of the SA2 remake reminds me, I don't care at all for the chao gardens. I see nothing more than some virtual pet with minigames. I think this is an unpopular opinion because of all the people I see crying to "bring back the chao gardens" "I'll buy a Sonic game again if it has chao gardens" "No chao gardens, no deal" "It's not a good sonic game without chao gardens" "Chao gardens made it all worth the purchase" Well god dammit what the hell do you people think the Sonic series is a platformer or a fucking virtual pet game?

• Thumbs Up 5

I honestly think Minecraft is pretty damn terrible. I tried playing it, game was really bland, and the visuals, although purposefully retro, just hurt my eyes.

• Thumbs Up 4