Awoo.

Unpopular Movie Opinions!

Winston

• I love the Star Wars Prequels, and the Star Wars sites I frequent love them too. So I don't really feel like this is an unpopular opinion unless you're dealing with bitter film nerds. If you love the originals, and hate the prequels with a passion, then I am sorry but you are not a Star Wars fan. You like 50% of the saga, thus you give it an F. Sorry dudes! Prequels are BRIMMING with symbols and the whole PT plays out like a mirror image of the OT. I love that aspect. Also, best characters from the prequels: Qui-Gon, Padme, Anakin (Ep III), PALPATINE, Jango, Watto, Wat Tambor, Maul, Dooku, Grevious, Obi-Wan.

That's a terrible argument, on the same level of "you don't share the same opinions as me? Well then, you aren't a TRUE Sonic/whatever series fan!".

Though I guess it's true in my case since I only see Star Wars as three pretty cool movies and I have no interest in the rest of the movies/books/comics/etc. Some of the games I've played with people are fun though.

I was unimpressed by the Avengers. I was uninterested in a good chunk of it, and even the last fights didn't excite me that much (Hulk beating Loki was a great scene though).

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 3

I actually kind of enjoy Unbreakable. I know, I know, M. Night Shyamalan is terrible, but I found this one to be enjoyable. Just an interesting take on fate.

I hate James Cameron's Avatar. The reasons have already been said a million times; the predictable story, the predictable characters, and the stupid amount of money it made. It's got pretty effects, that's about it.

Funny, Unbreakable is considered his "other" good film aside from The Sixth Sense. And Avatar? From all of the praise and panning it gets, I honestly don't know whether it's more unpopular to either love it or hate it.

Edited by Zinos

In retrospect, Scott Pilgrim was not that good of a movie. It was good, but it could have been better.

No way, man! That movie bleeds originality.

Nicolas Cage's a okay actor. I think he can be quite good but he can also be really hammy as well, but I don't think he is the worst actor ever, Tommy Wiseau still kicks him in the chops. Even his some of hammiest moments can be entertaining in my opinion.tongue.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

This is epic!

No way, man! That movie bleeds originality.

I haven't see it to be honest but even I know that's bullcrap.

Edited by BW199148

I think the animation in the first Madagascar is better than most people give it credit for. It tends to be dismissed as student-film grade quality, and I say anyone who says that has actually not seen a whole lot of student films. The technicality of the character rigs alone is mind-boggling to be able to get that level of squash and stretch and curviness without completely breaking everything (I've done at least a stretchy spine before and that shit requires actually knowing how to code). The animation is lively and toony, snappy and quick, but it still reads very clear and it's all very wonderful and funny. My teacher had a point in that he felt that the characters could have been given more of a unique identity throughout their animations (e.g., make the hippo read heavier and chunkier), something I agree with, but this type of nuance seems lost on layman who thinks that anything not silky-smooth is automatically of a lesser quality. It made Escape 2 Africa that much more soulless when they went with the standard Pixar feel to the animation. Not that Pixar is bad of course, but a great deal of Madagascar's identity was steeped in its Tex Avery-ish animation. *sigh*

• Thumbs Up 1

Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 was my favorite movie in the Pirates series.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer21
  • Thumbs Up 2

I haven't see it to be honest but even I know that's bullcrap.

How can you have an opinion on a film you have never seen?

Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 was my favorite movie in the Pirates series.

I loved every Pirates of the Caribbean movie. I have not seen the fourth one.

Edited by Mono
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here's some more from me.

*I don't care for Peter Jackson as a director. The man is an absolute ham. He always puts too much emotion in many scenes of his movies when the actions should be much simpler. He certainly has a great artistic vision and he has the right idea, but he always does too much.

*I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Yeah, I didn't care for the aliens thing, but everything else was pretty standard Indiana Jones stuff.

* I like these Disney sequels (they're still movies): Everything Aladdin, Lion King 2.

How can you have an opinion on a film you have never seen?

I have don't have to see the film to know that your comment was biased as hell. smile.png

I have don't have to see the film to know that your comment was biased as hell. smile.png

doctor-wut.gif

Seriously. There wasn't much in the way of bias at all, he was simply giving his opinion. And to be perfectly frank, you really can't judge a film on any of its apparent merits if you haven't seen it.

Edited by Ringo ~
  • Thumbs Up 2

The statement "bleeding originality" certainly denotes an extreme bias in favor of the film. However, I still agree that does not mean his opinion is invalid as BW claimed.

By the way, you really need to watch it BW; Speaking as a person who got it as a reluctant birthday present, I'm sure you'll find that that the visual style is unlike anything you've ever seen before.

This is retarded and there was really no reason to call Mono out like that. Next comment I see like this from you earns you a strike.

I didn't mean his opinion invalid, I was fucking stupid with what I said should really thought into that before I put that down. This film never appealed to me, which I got flamed for two years ago (irony) and called it a hipster film which pissed a lot of people off. I personally have no intention of ever seeing this movie I saw the trailer at the movies and while it was visually good the plot just did not interest to be it came across some bullshit high school nerd fantasy done on film that was hyped to shit it was fucking annoying.

This is honest opinion and yes its going to me unpopular and won't and has changed for two years.dry.png

If you love the originals, and hate the prequels with a passion, then I am sorry but you are not a Star Wars fan. You like 50% of the saga, thus you give it an F. Sorry dudes!

This is just as much of a non-argument as if I was to say that true fans would only like the good ones.

• Thumbs Up 3

As a love letters to gamers, nerds and hipsters everywhere, it's amazing; although not adapted from the graphic novels 100%, the parts that are, are spot on.

As a standalone movie with no reference to stand on, it's OK. Say whatever you want, but if you didn't like playing videogames, you might have had a different opinion about Scott Pilgrim.

- I don't see the point in movies like Saw or The Hills Have Eyes. I mean, people killing each other, blood and guts everywhere, what the hell makes films like that enjoyable? There's no plot at all, just senseless violence, in my opinion.

- I never really liked Harry Potter. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

- They should make more parody movies like Scary Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, and Vampires Suck. Those were all hilarious XD And the plots...I actually like them more than the original films they're based on :P

- I'm not sure if this seems popular or unpopular, but I do not plan on seeing Battleship. Why? How does a board game of two enemy sides attacking each others' ships translate to ALIEN BATTLE SHIPS FROM SPACE? Seriously, it just seems like Transformers except for less cool robots.

- I also agree with the majority of fans who say that the Star Wars prequels were pretty cool. And the first one was awesome~ I also think that Jar Jar is epic :3

- Also, Without a Paddle is awesome. The sequel sucks though; why couldn't the original cast come back for that one? ;A;

- And finally, Chronicle is too over hyped. All it was was three kids learning to use the force to screw around, and it shouldn't be as popular as it is.

Y-y-you don't know w-who Micheal Jordan i-is? Possibly the greatest basketball player to ever pick up the ball!?!?! I think I'm going to pass out lol jk. But nah the guy was already incredibly rich and famous before the movie was even thought of.

Not to mention at that time he retired from basketball so I doubt he was using it for commercial purposes.

I know who he is I just forgot his name :(

I like these threads. No one's mean to each other. Anywhere else *cough* /v/ *cough* would bite your head off.

I think the American Godzilla movie is pretty much of the same quality as most Japanese Godzilla movies. Which means bad, but still entertaining.

Oh and to quote Peter Griffin: "I did not care for The Godfather". :P (i certainly dont think its poorly made in any way, i just found it pretty boring).

Edited by batson

I think the animation in the first Madagascar is better than most people give it credit for.

Most liked Evangelion's movie ending from End of Evangelion, the last bits made me completely disregard the entire story as one that I would supposedly need, I would have preferred the last scene to have more than just two people living at the end, it makes me feel the whole "you give life meaning" feel seem irrelevent in my eyes. If you have a story with only one couple alive, that means all the other romances meant nothing, now if a few hundred more had lived, I would have liked the series more as I feel that it was exaggerated, VERY exaggerated.

To sum it up, the end did not make enough sense to me in my own philosophical views. Keyword: "philosophical"

I haven't seen it yet, so I can't judge how well it was presented, but at the end of EoE, while only those two have done so so far, all humans can return if they desire.

Edited by Ekaje

It still just didn't click with me, why only two? Let's just leave my disagreements with the logic of the story at that.

It still just didn't click with me, why only two? Let's just leave my disagreements with the logic of the story at that.

Well I always thought that it was just them because they were inside their respective Evangelions and that somehow protected them, also they both rejected Instrumentality....?

I think the Star Wars prequels are somewhat better than the originals. I just love how the movies show how a republic can fall when people give away their freedoms and give to much power to their leaders because of fear. Yeah there is stuff like Jar Jar Binks but honestly it didn't bother.

Also I like John Carter and Battleship and had fun watching them. Even though the story in Battleship was kind of dumb I give props to the writers for at least coming out with something kind of good.....was disappointed no one said "You sunk my battleship" like in the commercials though.