Awoo.

Unpopular Movie Opinions!

Winston

The Underworld movies are awesome and have more story and depth then people realize.

I don't like the Nolan Batman Movies. They don't feel like superhero movies to me. And Batman is boring in Nolan's movies. Plus the villains get more screentime then the main character.

Spider-Man 2 is still the best superhero movie in my opinion.

Yeah I am the same. I just don't really get Star Wars, and yet I like the Star Trek films, especially the most recent one.

Regarding the new Star Trek movie, im afraid im going to have to ape the very common trekkie complaint and say that while it was an entertaining movie, i was still disapointed in it because it didnt at all feel like Star Trek. There was just too much focus on adventure and to little focus on exploring ethical questions.

Edited by batson

Ratatouille was a rather overrated movie. I love Pixar to pieces but I don't think it was up to the cut of most of their other ones. The Toy Story films, Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo, Up, WALL-E and Incredibles were all better. I don't know what it is, but I just didn't feel quite as engaged with Ratatouille as I did with the others. The film didn't blow my mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Avatar was a bland and predictable movie. And 2 hours too long.

Agreed. Best way to describe it is Pocahontas on another planet.

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of Pixar, I never held a strong fondness for Toy Story 2. It's competent like Bolt is, but I feel it doesn't expound on the ethos of changing personal relationships as well as 1 and 3 did, nor do I find it as funny as 1. It's the weakest of the trio to me, so imagine my pain when people allude to it as not only the best in the series, but the best Pixar film in general. Urgh.

Speaking of Pixar, I never held a strong fondness for Toy Story 2. It's competent like Bolt is, but I feel it doesn't expound on the ethos of changing personal relationships as well as 1 and 3 did, nor do I find it as funny as 1. It's the weakest of the trio to me, so imagine my pain when people allude to it as not only the best in the series, but the best Pixar film in general. Urgh.

People actually see 2 as the best Pixar film? Whenever that subject is brought up, it's mostly 3 nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 5

I liked the original Cars. It's what introduced me to one of my favorite songs "Life is a Highway", covered by Rascal Flatts.

• Thumbs Up 4

Agreed. Best way to describe it is Pocahontas on another planet.

And Pocahontas is basically Dances With Wolves but with a historically inaccurate relationship.

- I liked Episode I of Star Wars (The Phantom Menace) when I watched it. But that was a long time ago and I was younger; maybe the flaws would be more apparent now that I'm older and more critical.

- Also, I like all 3 Matrix movies equally. I know that a lot of people say that the second and third ones weren't very good compared to the first, but I disagree.

- Finally, I think that the ending of A.I. Artificial Intelligence was great just the way it is. A lot of people say that it should have just ended (faded out) with the scene where

David is sitting in the amphibicopter, pleading with the Blue Fairy.

With the argument that "it contributes to the ambiguity of the movie". But really, I think the movie would have sucked if they did that because it would just leave me thinking "wtf was the point of that?". The real ending is much better, it's emotionally powerful and it gives you some stuff to think about. Think about it. What sounds cooler (WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS):

David finally finds the Blue Fairy and is so determined to become a real boy and be loved by his mother that he sits in the amphibicopter underwater in the ruins of a major coastal city, praying to a blue fairy sculpture for 2000 years, as the vehicle loses power, ages of the world pass, the human race ceases to exist, the Earth freezes over, and eventually he freezes as well.

Then, sentient mechas that have evolved themselves over the millennia find David underneath the glacial mass of ice, and long story short, offer him the chance to see Monica (his mother) just one last time, for only one day. She'll be brought back to life from her DNA but only once.

He spends one last day with his mother who he loves, all he ever wanted was love and now he could finally spend some real, quality time with her. He spends this day with her, no interruptions from her husband or her jerk son. They bake a cake, they draw pictures. It's probably the closest thing to human interaction that has occurred in 1000 years, and the last time it will ever happen until the end of the universe. And it's the closest thing to being loved that David has ever felt and ever will feel again.

At the end of this day, she falls asleep and can never wake up again. David lies down next to her, and peacefully accepts the fact that he has gotten what he has always wanted and will never get it again. His life no longer has any purpose, it is now as fulfilled as it will ever be, and he closes his eyes forever.

God damn, I was almost tearing up writing that last part. Anyway, compare what that sounds like to this:

He finds the blue fairy, and prays to her. *fade to black*

The second ending would be just plain stupid. It would leave you thinking "So what was the point of any of that?"

Edited by Frogging101
  • Thumbs Up 1

And Pocahontas is basically Dances With Wolves but with a historically inaccurate relationship.

And an extremely odd use of Mel Gibson.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought everyone jumped ship to 3 after it came out?

People actually see 2 as the best Pixar film? Whenever that subject is brought up, it's mostly 3 nowadays.

I thought everyone jumped ship to 3 after it came out?

I've seen some backlash towards 3 in terms of the whole prison escape angle becoming unwelcome as well as the final moments Andy shares with the toys as being unrealistic and hamfisted to the point of being hokey. In fact, the least amount of backlash I've seen in regards to the more visible Pixar films is towards TS2, and considering it has the higher critical reception than its sequel (a motherfucking perfect score on RT), I don't think it's a stretch to say that TS2 still wears the crown as Pixar's best for a sizable number of people.

• Thumbs Up 2

Toy Story 1 also has a 100% or RT, and if it weren't for a few reviews Toy Story 3 would had gotten the same score (a 99% CAP is still very rare respectable score for any film to achieve).

Regarding Toy Story 2, I found it to be one of the most least talked about Pixar games along with A Bug's Life. :V Everyone usually talks about either Toy Story 1 or 3 more in comparison as well as Nemo, Incredibles (and how it should had gotten a sequel, not Cars), and WALL-E.

Avatar was a bland and predictable movie. And 2 hours too long.

I'm pretty sure that's a extremely popular audience opinion of that film, I've actually seen/heard more negative opinions than positive opinions of Avatar.

Edited by Gabby

The Great Dictator is the best Chaplin movie. And Modern Times isn't the second. It's City Lights.

Where would you rank The Kid? That and the Great Dictator are the only two full-lenght Chaplin movies iv'e seen yet, and while i like both, i prefer The Kid. It's so charming and appart from maybe that strange (but entertaining) heaven-sequence, the storyline is very tight.

• 2 months later...

Return of The Jedi is my personal favorite film in the Star Wars saga, I even consider it better than The Empire Strikes Back (though still one of my favorite films of all-time) in some areas.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Hurt Locker was not that great, it certainly didn't deserve an Oscar for BEST PICTURE. WTF?

I don't see the appeal in the Rocky movies, at all.

And Temple of Doom is not THAT bad, I don't know why people say it's oh so terrible. Crystal Skull is ten times worse, at least ToD didn't have CG and Fridge Logic. Oh...wait..

160466693971.jpg

But it was still better than Crystal Skull.

*breaks Fire Shield monitor*

I liked Norbit, Shrek the Third, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and Disaster Movie.

Get at me.

Edited by thapoint09 (temp)
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Hurt Locker was not that great, it certainly didn't deserve an Oscar for BEST PICTURE. WTF?

And Temple of Doom is not THAT bad, I don't know why people say it's oh so terrible. Crystal Skull is ten times worse, at least ToD didn't have CG and Fridge Logic. Oh...wait..

160466693971.jpg

I like Temple Of Doom and Crystal Skull, but both are tied for my least favorite Indy film. 

How was CG in Crystal Skull a bad thing, though? The fridge scene (didn't mind it personally), from a logical standpoint, doesn't make sense, but hey, it's a movie.

Of the original three Spiderman movies starring Tobey Maguire, I really liked Spiderman 1 (with the Green Goblin) and Spiderman 3 (with Sandman and Venom). Whereas I thought Spiderman 2 (with Doctor Octopus) was rather disappointing. It's been a while since I've watched those films, so perhaps I should look at them again.

I have heard a lot of people say that they really liked 2 but thought 3 was shit. I would like to know why people think that.

Edited by -Bender-

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was a fine film. I honestly have no idea where all the complaints come from.

• Thumbs Up 3

Of the original three Spiderman movies starring Tobey Maguire, I really liked Spiderman 1 (with the Green Goblin) and Spiderman 3 (with Sandman and Venom). Whereas I thought Spiderman 2 (with Doctor Octopus) was rather disappointing. It's been a while since I've watched those films, so perhaps I should look at them again.

I have heard a lot of people say that they really liked 2 but thought 3 was shit. I would like to know why people think that.

3 is, in my opinion, the ballsiest film ever made and all the better for it. It's like Sam Raimi sat down and thought "No matter what I do here....this movie is going to make millions......fuck it I'm just gonna go fucking crazy" just filled it with anything that came to mind, emos, jazz dancing, vagina innuendos, the whole shebang, because no matter what happened he'd make millions :)

160466693971.jpg

Temple Of Doom is my least favourite. Why you ask? How about the side Characters! Willie is most annoying Character in an Indiana Jones film period. 

The Crystal Skull is mainly bashed because Lucas. Everybody blame Lucas for everything in that film and everything he has filmed since Howard The Duck.

Would people shut up about the Fridge Scene all of Indiana Jones have stupid shit in them. How come nobody comments on other scenes like the Monkey Vine scene or the multiple waterfall scenes in Crystal Skull? Also why do people moan about the Aliens why not? We have had hearts being ripped out. Chilled Monkey Brains. Faces melted. A guy decayed to dust etc. So why not?sleep.png

I thought Hurt Locker was pretty good and their was a lot of factors into why it won an Oscar. You should see Zero Dark Trinity which sadly lucked out this year at the Oscars but is still a really good film.

My unpopular movie Opinions:

Anyway, Cloud Altas was an okay film. Not bad, not the best. Okay.

Also why do people refuse to see a film if it didn't get 90% on Rotten Tomatos or Metacritic! 80%, 70% is still pretty good read some of the reviews both good and bad if your still unsure instead of going off the percentage. Me I am not a big fan of Critics, I don't like being dictated into what is considered good and bad cinema.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 3