Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PSN)

Cola

8ZVyf.jpg

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault is a fun-sized Ratchet adventure which will be available for download exclusively on the PlayStation Store. We’ve returned to the series’ classic feel, camera, controls and weapons, while innovating and giving you a whole new way to play. Even better, the addition of online features means you can experience Full Frontal Assault with your friends, so stay tuned! We’re really excited about this game, and we hope even these small tidbits about it get you excited too.

http://blog.us.plays...-psn-this-fall/

Well, this sure slipped under the radar. What do you think - will it suck no, or be amazing? It's gonna be the BEST FUCKING GAME EVER

Edited by Cola
  • Thumbs Up 9

It sounds pretty cool, and I enjoyed what I played of All 4 One, so im sure this will be pretty good as well.

PSN download? Meh, I like having a disc. :(

But really, this is Ratchet and Clank. To say that this will suck right now is a flat out insult to the brand. I didn't necessarily like All 4 One because of a lot of differences in the mechanics of the game (although it wasn't exactly a bad game, mind you), but I'm having hopes for this one.

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time is one of my favorite games.

Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One looked like such a step down that I didn't bother following it at all, and found out a few weeks after release that it only got decent reception. Never played it, probably never will.

Unless this is something actually worth caring about, I'll pass.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is my favourite R&C game, but that might not be saying much since that's the only one I've played for a great amount of time. Might opinion may be difficult to change anyway because I had so much fun in the multiplayer. Not so difficult as New Super Mario Bros. Wii is.

Still I'm slowly getting into it. I've pre-ordered the original trilogy in HD coming out in over a weeks time. From there I'll learn how to play the game in the way it apparently is meant to be played that Full Frontal Assault (or Q-Force as its going to be known in Europe) follows.

Edited by Major Ziggy

PSN download? Meh, I like having a disc. sad.png

But really, this is Ratchet and Clank. To say that this will suck right now is a flat out insult to the brand. I didn't necessarily like All 4 One because of a lot of differences in the mechanics of the game (although it wasn't exactly a bad game, mind you), but I'm having hopes for this one.

Let's be honest - I don't think it'll suck at all. I have complete faith in Insomniac.

I stuck that in there for people who don't like the series. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's be honest - I don't think it'll suck at all. I have complete faith in Insomniac.

I stuck that in there for people who don't like the series. tongue.png

Well there will always be people who don't like a series, so that's not really something you can help.

I can understand people being skeptical if they weren't to fond of All 4 One like me, but I doubt they're gonna do something like that for this title.

I read about this earlier and was thinking about making a topic for it (or Ratchet and Clank in general). I think it sounds interesting. Keep in mind, within the UK it will be titled "Ratchet and Clank:Q-Force" And will be boxed there too. (Much like R&C:Quest for Booty) I might just buy the boxed copy considering I can still play it on my PS3.

Edited by KoalaPoop

I'm excited about this one, I've always loved Ratchet & Clank. All 4 One wasn't the best, but it's fun to play online, I like Tools of Destruction the best though...but I heard they were taking a break from Ratchet & Clank after HD Collection...

I'm so getting this. Haven't played an R&C game in two years. (Getting All 4 One soon) I'm interested to see what this might be like.

Sounds pretty friggin' nice. Consider me hyped.

And that is probably the most amazing title I've ever seen.

Unless this is something actually worth caring about, I'll pass.

But it is something worth caring about. It's a real Ratchet game with the classic gameplay the series is known for.

Sounds cool, I don't think Insomniac has ever made a bad R&C game, but I hope that this one has a better upgrade system than All 4 One did.

I don't like the words "Ratchet" and "Downloadable Exclusive" bundled together. I'm reminded by how immensely disappointing and short Quest For Booty was.

Not entirely sure what "returning to the series' classic feel" is supposed to mean anyway. While it's true that most of it's sequels ended up focusing a lot more on weapons than the platforming, Tools of Destruction and the Future series was probably as "classic" of a return that it'd get, especially after Deadlocked. I never really felt like every game was a massively restructured beast that made an era of Ratchet games be identifiable with a title as classic compared to the other games. So what is it classic in proportion to? All 4 One? Well I would damn right hope so, that's kind of a given.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if this is the "extra content" that North American gamers are going to be getting with the Ratchet and Clank HD trilogy (which would tie in with the "Fall" release date). People may or may not remember that the announcement was made that the UK would be getting this mid-May (now slipped to the end of June), and that the US would have to wait for Autumn, but would be getting "something special to celebrate the 10th anniversary").

Source: http://www.ps3trophi...-and-Dated.html

This would work since the new game is out in the Autumn, as is the release of the HD collection in the US. This also works for us UKians because we don't miss out (although do have to pay for it).

(EDIT: Apparently, this is A big surprise, but there's still something coming out in the US to "make good" for them having to wait. I hope whatever THAT is, we can get it too)

ALSO - I'm totally looking for people to play through All 4 One with me. It's so much more fun with actual people. Please send me a PM if you're interested and I'll add you smile.png

EDIT:

PSN download? Meh, I like having a disc. sad.png

Read the reply to the 15th comment in the link in the original post. Europe will be getting a physical disc version! Not sure if you're in Europe, but you can always import!

Edited by Katzii

Q-Force?...Qwark Force?..Let me guess, Qwark's going to make Ratchet and Clank some sort-of intergalactic policemen or something.

Wow, no pleasing some people, hey?

People who want it retail: Import it from Europe like you probably did with Quest for Booty.

People who dislike the European title: Get a US PSN account and download it from there.

There, that wasn't so difficult, was it?

No one was complaining about the name. 1. I live in America so I get the better name anyways. 2. Insomniac usually has to re-do the title of their names because they are sometimes too suggestive. All 4 One is one of the titles that had to be re-done. 3. You are coming off as extremely arrogant because not everyone has the spare cash to import something accross countries just because they want a name or it on retail.

How, pray tell, am I coming across as "extremely arrogant"? If it's something you want that badly, then you make the spare cash for it. It's really not a difficult concept in the slightest. You're saying this on a forum where people can find hundreds of pounds/dollars to buy a plush toy because their drive to own it is that great. Importing doesn't have to be that expensive if you shop around. So think about things before you go throwing around insults, please.

And for the record, I'm not actually too fussed on names. As long as the game plays the same, I don't see the problem.

Why should people spend extra money for something essentially the same all around the world?

Also was All 4 One named something else?

How, pray tell, am I coming across as "extremely arrogant"? If it's something you want that badly, then you make the spare cash for it. It's really not a difficult concept in the slightest. You're saying this on a forum where people can find hundreds of pounds/dollars to buy a plush toy because their drive to own it is that great. Importing doesn't have to be that expensive if you shop around. So think about things before you go throwing around insults, please.

And for the record, I'm not actually too fussed on names. As long as the game plays the same, I don't see the problem.

You're making a big deal out of something no one made a big deal out of.

Why should people spend extra money for something essentially the same all around the world?

Also was All 4 One named something else?

It was originally titled 4Play but they felt the innuendo would detract from the family-friendly consumers the game was targeted at.