Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PSN)

Cola

Yeah, I guess I will make that.

I think I did one some months ago for the Skullgirls demo or something, now lets see if I remember the password.

Guys, I'm gonna have to tell you the truth. I didn't like the beta at all. Most of the time I have no fucking clue what to do except press the triangle button when I reach number pads or defend my base from these alien creatures. It was really confusing and I hardly had any fun with it. Hopefully the story-mode is alot better.

Guys, I'm gonna have to tell you the truth. I didn't like the beta at all. Most of the time I have no fucking clue what to do except press the triangle button when I reach number pads or defend my base from these alien creatures. It was really confusing and I hardly had any fun with it. Hopefully the story-mode is alot better.

Did you do the tutorial? I wasn't even really paying attention and managed to learn how to play just fine.

Anyhow, the controls aren't as smooth as they were in Crack in Time for whatever reason, but after adjusting to it, I actually had quite a bit of fun. Multiplayer's looking good, but I really hope Single Player can be just as good as the Future games.

Did you do the tutorial? I wasn't even really paying attention and managed to learn how to play just fine.

Yes, but me playing the tutorial doesn't make the game anymore fun for me. XP

Oh well.... I'm going to pre-order it anyway.

I definitely like the visuals in the Future games better.

I agree with this. ACiT has the best visuals in a R&C game hands down.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with this. ACiT has the best visuals in a R&C game hands down.

ACiT was a full Insomniac effort and it showed.

They're spreading a bit too thin right now with social games and their EA project so FFA will suffer from that. Besides, it's got a multiplayer focus. Have to account for more characters on screen and latency issues with lighter assets.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I definitely like the visuals in the Future games better.

I dunno, ToD had pretty bland visuals to me. QfB and CiT looked much better visual wise, andI think what I've seen of FFA and A4O's visuals are miles better than those of ToD (probably on par with or slightly better than QfB.)

I dunno, ToD had pretty bland visuals to me. QfB and CiT looked much better visual wise, andI think what I've seen of FFA and A4O's visuals are miles better than those of ToD (probably on par with or slightly better than QfB.)

I think it's more because ToD had a more CG style as opposed to the cel shaded style of CiT(or it's the other way around), but it definitely looks better than this game.

Oh wow, really? I thought ToD was one of the best looking games on PS3 last I looked at it.

I really need to get around to replaying the Future games, come to think of it...

Most older Ratchet games really look a lot worse than you'd remember them and the graphics evolved in a way you might not notice despite it's huge improvements. I never got into the Future series since I never had a PS3 at the time it was high but by the time I was blinded by HD graphics and got CiT after getting a PS3, the graphics were great but I really felt like I was just playing another Ratchet game. That was until I got the HD Collection and realized I remembered it looking so much better in my head and I started appreciating CiT more.

That's not to say that the graphics are bad though. They're all still standouts and were great for each of their own time.

Got into the beta.

Like it was already said, most of the times I don't what the hell I should do.

Where do the bolts come from other than getting new nodes? Sometimes they just appear randomly when I'm at my base.

Today I was playing agaist some dude, he only claimed one node and when we got to the attack the enemy part he had a shitload of the best alien attackers and his base was full of torrents of the best kind.

Are the weapons chosen randomly? Its rare for me to find Mr. Zurkon sometimes.

Seriously, the game is very confusing.

Edited by Tmsp

When you acquire at least one node, you start to get a set amount of bolts every few seconds. There are crates scattered around each map with bolts as well. Usually on the hoverboot pathways with ramps.

Got into the beta.

Like it was already said, most of the times I don't what the hell I should do.

Where do the bolts come from other than getting new nodes? Sometimes they just appear randomly when I'm at my base.

Today I was playing agaist some dude, he only claimed one node and when we got to the attack the enemy part he had a shitload of the best alien attackers and his base was full of torrents of the best kind.

Are the weapons chosen randomly? Its rare for me to find Mr. Zurkon sometimes.

Seriously, the game is very confusing.

I agree with this. The control scheme is also very awkward, but once i got used to it, I had tons of fun. You're also able to give feedback and bug reports to Insomniac on their own forum, too :U

I agree with this. The control scheme is also very awkward, but once i got used to it, I had tons of fun. You're also able to give feedback and bug reports to Insomniac on their own forum, too :U

Yeah, I tried it again some minutes ago and got the hang of it.

Claimed all the nearby nodes, bought some torrents for the main entrance for my base with the bolts from those nodes then attacked the other base for some time.

The second round I destroyed some ship and got a ton of bolts, bought 2 of the best alien attackers and some more torrents then attacked with Mr.Zurkon and the attackers. The other dude pretty much gave up and only followed me with the fire blaster until I destroyed his base.

The tutorial is ass, the controls are ass and the overall game just feels way too slow and sluggish.

I'm having some fun with it, but it's more frustrating than anything else, if I'll be entirely honest.

Edited by Chooch

The tutorial is ass, the controls are ass and the overall game is just way too slow and sluggish.

Don't forget the camera.

Only played a few games so far since I'm having trouble connecting, but I have to say aside from the previously mentioned complaints, I enjoyed what little I played so far.

The tutorial is ass, the controls are ass and the overall game just feels way too slow and sluggish.

I'm having some fun with it, but it's more frustrating than anything else, if I'll be entirely honest.

And the swingshot is complete crap. Well, this is a beta. It's subject to change.