Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PSN)

Cola

I got the game for the PS3 this Friday, and I'm here to give my impressions. Full Frontal Assault is easily now one of my favorite Ratchet & Clank games, maybe even up there with A Crack In Time & Going Commando. The single player campaign, though short, offers lots of goals and missions for you to complete, and it's great fun. The gameplay is engaging, gets on thinking, and you're always on your feet making strategic decisions of whether to buy defenses for your base, protect it, or attack the enemies' base. It offers lots of replay value, and you're always trying to beat your times to unlock trophies and promotions. The local co-op and online multiplayer are addictive & fun, and is my favorite in the series since UYA, actually. Though the soundtrack is quite dull at times, the main theme is quite cool to listen too. The Starship Phoenix returns (sorta) in form of a hub world before you travel from planet to planet. I also love the references made towards the classics, mainly Going Commando. My verdict, it's definitely worth the 20 bucks.

So yeah, FFA is a fun, small game that's worth your time and money. Get it.

Unfortunately I cannot buy this game at the moment. I theoretically could afford game but only as a downloadable copy and I am sure I don't want to get that one. Why you may ask? Well I prefer to have phisycal copies. Another thing is that since A4O R&C games started to have Polish dubbing and this dubbing is HORRIBLE. VA don't match characters and Ratchet sounds like he is 40 year old. Why I can't have language selection option :(

Unfortunately I cannot buy this game at the moment. I theoretically could afford game but only as a downloadable copy and I am sure I don't want to get that one. Why you may ask? Well I prefer to have phisycal copies. Another thing is that since A4O R&C games started to have Polish dubbing and this dubbing is HORRIBLE. VA don't match characters and Ratchet sounds like he is 40 year old. Why I can't have language selection option sad.png

There actually is a language select option if I remember correctly. There's also a demo on PSN, so you may want to try that out.

I did try out the demo and there was no language selection. Stupid translators were too lazy to put it in PL version I guess.

• 2 months later...

As many of you know, when Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault launched for the PS3 system this past November, we announced that the PS Vita version would be coming out later in January 2013 to ensure the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

Our friends at Tin Giant have been working night and day to bring Insomniac’s PS3 game to the PS Vita system and to provide our fans with a great game. While the original delay has helped us make the game better, we still need more time to bring the game up to the standards expected by our fans.

In order to do this, the launch date for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita has moved to Spring 2013. We realize that this delay may be disappointing for our fans, but please know that we are doing our best to get the game into your hands as soon as possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. On the release date for Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita, we will be offering Ratchet & Clank: Deadlocked for the PS3 system as a free download to all of our fans who purchased Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the PS3 system (digitally or on disc). The giveaway will become available when Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS Vita releases.

We greatly appreciate your patience as we work to bring you the best Ratchet & Clank experience possible for the PS Vita system. We will update you with a specific release date as soon as it is available.

Thanks again!

Are you fucking serious?

Edit: Meanwhile EU fans get nothing but MotorStorm RC which came out almost a year ago?

Edited by Chooch

I'm not actually angry about the Vita version being delayed (especially since I don't even have one yet and the PS3 version is out), I just can't believe all the EU cats got screwed over so bad with the extra game.

Deadlocked HD is godlike. MotorStorm RC? Not so godlike.

Edited by Chooch

Well, I don't like this game but hearing about deadlocked just made me save 20 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently posted regarding the delayed release of Ratchet & Clank: QForce on PS Vita.

As announced, the PS Vita version of the game is now due in Spring2013. The reason for this delay is to give the developer time to create the best portable Ratchet & Clank experience possible.

For those of you who have purchased the PS3 version of the game and are waiting for your PS Vita entitlement, we want to make it up to you as best we can. And so we’ll be offering MotorStorm RC as a free download to all who purchased Ratchet & Clank: QForce for the PS3 system.

You’ll receive a download voucher for MotorStorm RC via email before the end of February, which will be valid for 60 days.

In addition to the above, we will also now be offering you a free download of Ratchet: Gladiator for PS3 when it releases on PS Store. We will update on when this will be available, and how we will provide access to this content at a later date.

We really appreciate your patience and are aiming to announce a specific release date for R&C: QForce on PS Vita as soon as possible.

Good news for EU Ratchet fans.

The campaign is actually four levels. Not including the final boss.

The game's replay value is primarily focused on the competitive multiplayer. And really, it's incredibly cheap so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to grab it. Especially since you get Deadlocked HD / Gladiator HD 100% for free with your purchase completely outside of the Vita version you're eligible for.

Well. Biggest problem is that this game has AWFUL polish dubbing so I have to import it. Importing cost money and I don't have much money. I'd rather save up for a bigger game.

(However I'll get this game eventually.) 

We're left to assume around the same time that Full Frontal Assault Vita is finished. Sometime during Spring of this year.