Awoo.

Ratchet & Clank

Yeah my all time favorite look for the character is still the original one. Weird lookin' Lombax feet and all. That's why in every game with multiple skins I stick to the one that is the closest to it.

Beach Boy skin in Going Commando, Old School suit in Up Your Arsenal, Convict Ratchet in Tools of Destruction, etc etc.

Edited by Chooch

Yeah my all time favorite look for the character is still the original one. Weird lookin' Lombax feet at all. That's why in every game with multiple skins I stick to the one that is the closest to it.

Beach Boy skin in Going Commando, Old School suit in Up Your Arsenal, Convict Ratchet in Tools of Destruction, etc etc.

Aside from this, in every ratchet & Clank game, I always play with the default armor/suit. Though it makes you more vulnerable to damage later in the game, an in Challenge mode, it helps you save bolts. Edited by Felix

Aside from this, in every ratchet & Clank game, I always play with the default armor/suit. Though it makes you more vulnerable to damage kater in the game, an in Challenge mode, it helps you save bolts.

I always use the default skin and upgrade to the next armor as soon as possible, only in Up Your Arsenal I use the Old School skin since Infernox Armor is ugly as hell and I like the original model the most.

Edited by Tmsp

I think I said this, but I'm getting the HD Collection when it comes out, since you recommended it to me, Felix. I might also get A Crack in Time (I think it's called that), if I have the extra money. I hope it's good. :3

I think I said this, but I'm getting the HD Collection when it comes out, since you recommended it to me, Felix. I might also get A Crack in Time (I think it's called that), if I have the extra money. I hope it's good. :3

Don't worry. It's good. Very good.

I honestly like Future design of Ratchet the most. A lot better than the chibi one we have now.

And it's pretty cool that they will give us armors or way to customize characters. Ratchet + Armor = Badass

Edited by Lamor

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I changed my mind, I'm trying to platinum Ratchet & Clank 2 since it is my favorite of the trilogy.

I already beat the game, doing challenge mode now, have all the items, RYNO II and the Zodiac.

Now I need all the weapons (4 left) with the mega updates (only the Glove Bomb by now) and mods, any tips for grinding bolts?

Well, I changed my mind, I'm trying to platinum Ratchet & Clank 2 since it is my favorite of the trilogy.

I already beat the game, doing challenge mode now, have all the items, RYNO II and the Zodiac.

Now I need all the weapons (4 left) with the mega updates (only the Glove Bomb by now) and mods, any tips for grinding bolts?

Doing lots of arena battles, especially the "Impossible Challenge" on Planet Joba can help. Collecting crystals or moonstones also helps.

Doing lots of arena battles, especially the "Impossible Challenge" on Planet Joba can help. Collecting crystals or moonstones also helps.

But the quantity of bolts you win gets lower each time you beat the challenge or does it stay at some fixed number after some wins?

Collecting gems is a bit boring and after all the crystals/moonstones are collected I have to restart the game but I guess it will do it for now.

Oh, I hope that with the RYNO II I can fuck those Artic Leviathans quick, they where the biggest pain in the ass the first time I did the collecting along side the Yeti.

Edited by Tmsp

But the quantity of bolts you win gets lower each time you beat the challenge or does it stay at some fixed number after some wins?

Collecting gems is a bit boring and after all the crystals/moonstones are collected I have to restart the game but I guess it will do it for now.

Oh, I hope that with the RYNO II I can fuck those Artic Leviathans quick, they where the biggest pain in the ass the first time I did the collecting along side the Yeti.

And it's a good method too, considering RYNO II & Zodiac ammo are in crates. xD

Well, I have all the weapons almost leveled up, the only one left is the Shield Charger. How the hell do I level up this thing?

Also I have the Mega Upgrade for most of the R&C weapons, Pulse Rifle and the Gravity Bomb.

I can fell that the Platinum Trophie is so close.

It's an indie film. Nothing to really care about unless Sony is backing this project.

Also, back in my day I didn't use the RYNO 2 to beat up dem leviathons. I had to fight them tooth and nail with meh regular gun, and it was hell!

Whippersnappers.

I have a question for you guys. Ratchet and Clank 3 introduced different camera modes such as Lock-Strafe Mode (Shooter in aCiT), Third-person mode (Default) and First-person mode. ACiT had Classic mode too but I'm not sure how it works 'cause I didn't try it.

So here is the question: What's your favourite control setup?

Mine is Lock-Strafe mode. I love to aim my weapons manually and then kill enemies. It feels better.

I have played Third Person mode in every single Ratchet game because I've been playing since the beginning. It's the most natural and works the best. Lock-Strafe is ew. First Person is an interesting change for a bit but then you realize how shit it really is.

I have played Third Person mode in every single Ratchet game because I've been playing since the beginning. It's the most natural and works the best. Lock-Strafe is ew. First Person is an interesting change for a bit but then you realize how shit it really is.

I use 3rd person in every Ratchet game except Deadlocked. I use lock-strafe in that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Highly apologize if I'm being rude by bumping this, but I have one question to ask. Out of the two major games in the Future trilogy, which one do you prefer, Tools Of Destruction, or A Crack In Time?

Tools of Destruction...i don't know, it just felt more polished and finished compared to CiT.

I can see ACiT had lots more effort and thought put into it than ToD, considering it was planned to be the last game in the entire series. ToD was a great introduction for R&C's entrance into the next generation, and I think it's still a great game, don't get me wrong, but everything that made ToD good, ACiT did better. Soundtrack, weapons, gameplay, visuals and graphics, everything.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tools of Destruction...i don't know, it just felt more polished and finished compared to CiT.

..How exactly? No joking around here, I seriously don't get how you can come to that conclusion.

I can't think of a single thing that Tools of Destruction does better than A Crack in Time. Not one.

Edited by Chooch

..How exactly? No joking around here, I seriously don't get how you can come to that conclusion.

I can't think of a single thing that Tools of Destruction does better than A Crack in Time. Not one.

Though, I will give ToD one thing. it did a good job of going back to the series roots, especially after Deadlocked. Edited by Felix

Deadlocked is less of a traditional Ratchet game, sure, but I still think just overall as a game it's better than Tools of Destruction.