Awoo.

The IrateGamer

Winston

irate.jpg

Yes, I do enjoy the IrateGamer reviews, and I like his humor. I also prefer him more than AVGN, please don't hurt me. XP Well, I'm going to show you some of my favorite reviews of his.

[media=]

Now time to discuss the IrateGamer.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uhg, no thank you. I watched a few of his videos, and I like him best when he's doing interviews and reporting on news. That is to say, not when he's giving his opinions and trying out his "irate" gimmick.

The guy just doesn't have any charm, sorry to say.

• Thumbs Up 9

Yes, I do enjoy the IrateGamer reviews, and I like his humor. I also prefer him more than AVGN, please don't hurt me. XP Well, I'm going

You tell them, Reggie!

The He-man one was alright. I got nothing against the guy. It's just his timing couldn't of been worse. Ofcourse he's gonna be called an AVGN rip off he was making movies right after James got really famous.

Not to mention he probably thought "hmmm, what if I did that?" and became the IRATE gamer.

He is okay, I prefer the Nerd though, I enjoy his Irate the 80's reviews quite a bit and I wonder if he'll branch a bit more with that and cover other topics than Nostalgic toys.smile.png

"Final verdict on Sonic Unleashed? It's a piece of shit!" *throws game across the room*

that's all I temember about this guy.

• Thumbs Up 9

I hate this show, I find his type of humor unfunny and annoying, he's not a very good actor, his schedule is rather slow.

I recommend that people go to Irategamersucks, it sums up everything I dislike about the show better than I ever could.

http://irategamersucks.blogspot.com.au/

• Thumbs Up 8

I hate this show, I find his type of humor unfunny and annoying, he's not a very good actor, his schedule is rather slow.

I recommend that people go to Irategamersucks, it sums up everything I dislike about the show better than I ever could.

http://irategamersuc...logspot.com.au/

Thats pretty sad to make a blog dedicated about someone you don't like, to me that proves some people don't have a life on the internet.sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 7

Sorry, but I think the Irategamer is one of the worst videogame reviewers on the internet. Not only are his videos full of research fail and bad acting, but have you seen his Ubisoft video of last year's E3 when he blows it up just 'cos he couldn't get into the conference? Yeah, that's just sad! =[

http://irategamersuc...logspot.com.au/

I have a hard time believing he even touched a Sega Genesis back in the day for some reason as well. hahahha.

Thats pretty sad to make a blog dedicated about someone you don't like, to me that proves some people don't have a life on the internet.sleep.png

I'm not defending it, but people have done far worse that gives the impression they've got nothing else to do.

Even if someone were to make a postive blog about something does that make them have a life on the interent?

I don't quite understand how this works, seems a little one sided if you put it that way.

Edited by Alice Twilight

What I find funny about the whole Irate Gamer rant videos that people do usually come from would-be reviewers who also do the Angry Video Game Reviewer shtick.rolleyes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PNV56m9zm4

This guy is kinda right about all the tardrage turd slinging fanboys of each group, raging at each other who the fuck cares who is better? I admit there are some reviewers I prefer over others but I don't write a blog about how much I hate one of them or flame their fourm or their videos.

I'm not defending it, but people have done far worse that gives the impression they've got nothing else to do.

Even if someone were to make a postive blog about something does that make them have a life on the interent?

I don't quite understand how this works, seems a little one sided if you put it that way.

Its still pretty sad, if I don't like something I don't fucking watch it and try to avoid it or write whole fucking blog dedicated to it. Take Justin Beiber some of his video have more dislikes than likes, I mean who the hell searches out something they probably knew about already and probably knew they didn't like it. You're are just giving him more views, which means more money and means he will probably continue until his fan base gets bored of him.

I am not condoning or condemning the Irate Gamer either, he isn't original. Nor is the Nostalgia Critic and apparently the AVGN Reviews are similar to some of SeanBaby's older reviews.

I feel bad for the OP takes balls to admit to liking something a lot of people don't.

Edited by BW199148

It really depends how you approach it. "Bad Science" is a book all about practices and people the author doesn't like, but he has very good reasons for the dislike and makes it clear with examples of malpractice. It's one of my fave books to read.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think everyone's entitled to their opinions when it comes to the Irate Gamer. For what it's worth, a lot of his production values are pretty good, and he seems to have deviated a bit from being a poor man's AVGN. That being said, he has plagiarised reviews before and given out wrong information.

I don't think I'd ever watch an Irate Gamer review out of anything other than sheer boredom and I certainly don't follow him avidly, but I can respect the work he at least puts into his videos, even if they're not my thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Jesus christ, what I hate most about the guy is his ACTING, a lot of time he feels the need to inject horrible stories in his reviews and introduces some annoying/funny/stupid character that no one wants to see (like Ronnie the Skeleton, good lord) it's so fucking grating because apparently he has no friends and has to act in EVERY ONE of the character roles.

I really don't like this guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate it when this guy does reviews because he comes off as an AVGN wannabe. And when people state that on his videos he'll always delete the comments like a baby. I do like his interviews though.

It really depends how you approach it. "Bad Science" is a book all about practices and people the author doesn't like, but he has very good reasons for the dislike and makes it clear with examples of malpractice. It's one of my fave books to read.

Fair enough you right about how you approach it, everything is entitled to criticism if it as you say approached right, sorry If I came off one sided. I just personally wouldn't do a whole blog dedicated to it, its not worth my time.

I admire people who do these review shows I personally wouldn't do it, you so open to some much criticism, sometimes that criticism is justified but sometimes people are down right nasty.sleep.png

I think these is different between:

"I didn't I find this review funny, it felt forced even though you brought up some valid arguements"

To:

"YOU SUCK DICKS BURN IN HELL!".

The problem is its usually the fanboys that come at you with knives even if you say the latter one, I encountered this one a lot on TGWTG's fourm/comment section.

Edited by BW199148

Sorry, but I think the Irategamer is one of the worst videogame reviewers on the internet. Not only are his videos full of research fail and bad acting, but have you seen his Ubisoft video of last year's E3 when he blows it up just 'cos he couldn't get into the conference? Yeah, that's just sad! =[

You've obviously never heard of the Best Gamers if you think this guy's reviews are bad. Give them a try:

[media=]

On a more serious note, the Irate Gamer has never really struck me as being bad. Sure, he's not great, but some of his reviews are genuinely entertaining and bring up valid points.

Edited by Mohawk

You've obviously never heard of the Best Gamers if you think this guy's reviews are bad. Give them a try:

[media=]

Is that even real because they aren't even reviewing said game in the title instead they review several other non related games! blink.png

EDIT: If they are being serious than the Irate Gamer is like Rodger Ebert compared to these guys and I am the next pope. wink.png

Edited by BW199148

I hate this guy and want to eat his babies. He's unfunny and the jokes are ridiculously predictable, he never does any sort of research and he docks games for being "TYOO HARED".

I prefer my Irate Gamer episodes in the form of a harsh commentary courtesy of Youtuber DLAbaoaqu.

This guy has nicknamed him "Boring Man." I approve of the name myself. And yes, this guy has tons of these.

• Thumbs Up 3

Eh....sorry I'm not a fan of the show, really don't like him, but like Indigo said he's okay when he does interviews and when he reports news but I find him really unfunny and his acting is really bad, don't like his reviews, don't think he does much research with some games, it gets annoying on how he constantly keeps saying that he hates Unleashed.

Edited by C.J

[media=]

On a more serious note, the Irate Gamer has never really struck me as being bad. Sure, he's not great, but some of his reviews are genuinely entertaining and bring up valid points.

The best Gamers are awesome though.

You do know they're being ironic right?....right?

if you took their reviews seriously then there's no hope for you

Is that even real because they aren't even reviewing said game in the title instead they review several other non related games! blink.png

EDIT: If they are being serious than the Irate Gamer is like Rodger Ebert compared to these guys and I am the next pope. wink.png

You've never heard of the best gamers and how they review things?

They've got a weird sense of humor.....you really didn't take that review seriously did you?

Get it together people. Does this stuff go over your head?

Of course I do, that's the reason why I posted it. Sadly, there are a large group of people that aren't quite bright enough to get the joke. Search through the comments and you'll see what I mean. dry.png

Chris BORES the hell out of me. (Sorry, i've been waiting to use that...)

But seriously, I don't like him. It only took one episode of his that I didn't watch entirely to see that he was taking AVGN ideas and calling his episodes 'quality'. It's not original, the poster arrangements are just like AVGN, and he actually quotes AVGN (ex. 'Shitload of Fuck). It's also pretty bad the way that he uses good/bad publicity too.

Edited by Abominal Taz

You've never heard of the best gamers and how they review things?

They've got a weird sense of humor.....you really didn't take that review seriously did you?

Get it together people. Does this stuff go over your head?

No I haven't and seeing as there are ton amateur game reviewers out there it was hard to tell.sleep.png

Read this part here:

So yes I wasn't so sure, I find hard to tell if someone is serious especially on the internet.dry.png