Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

With games like Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, Nintendoland, etc, and the off-tv gameplay feature in general, yes, Nintendo and other companies have unearthed more compliments to the gamepad's versatility.

The possibilities await those willing to think and contribute their effort to.

So, Rayman Legends on Wii U was delayed to make way for a multiplatform release (even at the expense of leaving it to die against GTAV), apparently because Ubisoft wanted to be "fair". And yet, for this game, the other platforms don't get delayed when the Wii U version was.

Hypocrisy at its finest, folks!

• Thumbs Up 7

You know what, I'm sick of this unfairness, and my drop in trust of certain third parties, yes even Ubisoft now.

I'm not going to accept being treated 2nd class because of a fixed series of events that made things as they are today. Man, am I disappointed in them.

• 3 weeks later...

A leaked story trailer has revealed the game's release date (in Europe at least) as 27th May

Ubisoft is expected to make the news official at 5pm British time today. Obviously this doesn't apply to the Wii U version though, which will follow later, if at all.

EDIT: And here is said trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gipJDSrqlVw

Now I see why the Wii U version was delayed. Releasing it alongside Mario Kart 8 is suicide. And no, the Wii U version isn't cancelled. It was mentioned in the new PR and was mentioned in the ESRB rating description.

Now I see why the Wii U version was delayed. Releasing it alongside Mario Kart 8 is suicide. And no, the Wii U version isn't cancelled. It was mentioned in the new PR and was mentioned in the ESRB rating description.

I know the Wii U version isn't cancelled, but I don't think it would surprise anyone if it did get quietly dropped further down the line if the Wii U doesn't pick up sales-wise.

Will be interesting to see how Mario Kart 8 and Watch Dogs fare against each other in the charts though, as they essentially come out at the same time. Obviously Watch Dogs will come out on top due to being on many more platforms (which are all far more popular), but how much of a dent it will make on Nintendo's efforts remain to be seen. 

Fair enough if they didn't want to release it on Wii U yet due to Mario Kart 8, but by the time the game comes out on Wii U will anyone care to buy it then? Unless they add some amazing content and DLC I don't think it's going to sell well either way. =/

Besides I'm starting to losing more and more interest in this game as time goes on. And now that I've seen the new story trailer, it doesn't feel unique anymore. The graphics look amazing but the game itself looks like a modern day spin off of Assassins Creed. I could be wrong, maybe this is going to be amazing still! But right now, this is not a day one buy for me anymore. =[

• Thumbs Up 2

Every time they release a trailer for this game, they somehow manage to destroy just a little more of the interest I might have once had for this game.

But wait, that trailer looked great!

Sure it did, most of it was cut scenes and scripted events.What little gameplay you did see there didn't look anything special, just your typical sandbox game.

For instance, take a look at that moment where he shoots the guy with the shotgun. Pause the video and look in the background, down the street, look at how empty it is, theres nothing or nobody there. same with the sky, no motion, no effects (remember those wind effects?), looks utterly nothing like those original videos we saw showing off the game.

Same thing occurs at 1:28, nothing there at all.

Edit: In fact, just look at every sequence which is set on a street... where are the pedestrians? Where are the cars? Where are the effects which originally hyped up the game? There's nothing.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, I'm glad we FINALLY have a release date.

Not sure what platform to get it for though... PS3, or wait till I get a PS4...?

Okay so I'm out. According to people on GAF, that footage in that trailer is from the PS4 version of the game.

The claim.

image_315969_full.jpg

The reality.

7l0I8Xf.png

t8m1PVP.png

y29PUUr.png

7QrLQ0Y.png

And look how full of life and activity the city is....

ppoCzZq.png

But I'm sure The Division will be just as good as the E3 trailer promised.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watch Dogs Wii U "may arrive in 2014"

Dominic Guay, senior producer on Watch Dogs has told Polygon that although the game is still very much in development for Wii U, at the moment it's on hold for shipping.

"We don't have a specific ship date for it yet so it's considered within the year," he said. "So we're going to look at that and we're going to let people know as soon as we figure out an exact date for it."

As explained by Guay, Ubisoft Montreal is not actually working on the Wii U version of the game, instead that falls to another team.

"We have our studio in Bucharest working on it, and we wanted that team to have the time to explore the GamePad and be able to have fun with it and see how far they could push it," he said. "It's also an interesting platform, because it has its own strength, which we want to take advantage of, and we didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one. So we're going to take the time we need to make sure the game is good (technically) when we ship it and that it also, game design-wise, makes good use of the specifics of the Wii U."

That's... interesting? I didn't know the Wii U version was being developed by a separate team altogether. Certainly sounds like a more promising excuse than just "it's delayed because the Wii U sucks at the moment" at any rate.

This game still looks fun to me, I don't know what everyone's so angry about.

No Wii U man, don't you know that's the only console that matters :V

The fact that the game was revealed almost 2 years ago and all we've been receiving from the game is that it's been steadily getting worse and worse?  It's not even that it looks bad, it looks alright.  But compared to the absolutely phenomenal showing it had at E3 2012 it looks to be a shell of its former self.  Not to mention the whole malarkey regarding the WiiU version.

So the Wii U version goes from being released with the other systems to….."this year…..maybe"? And not even being made by the same team????

Wow, lol. Thanks Ubisoft.

Watch Dogs Wii U "may arrive in 2014"  That's... interesting? I didn't know the Wii U version was being developed by a separate team altogether. Certainly sounds like a more promising excuse than just "it's delayed because the Wii U sucks at the moment" at any rate.

Ah great so it's going to get the Arkham city armored edition and sonic unleashed wii treatment give it to the B team

....I'm kinda glad that this is getting bought as a gift for me now (if it ends up sucking at least I'm not paying anything). I am hoping that story trailer/those screenshots are from some beta that was accidentally used for a trailer or something. Because how could they pull off that level of faking for so many trailers/gameplay reveals? It just can't be possible. 

Here's the full article about the Wii U version's current status, and here's the segment on who the development team is and why:

The game development's shift to Ubisoft Romania in Bucharest was driven in part by a question of capability, Guay said. He added that that specific team is extremely strong technically and that there was a lot of technical work that had to go into getting the engine that drives Watch Dogs to work on the Wii U.

"It wasn't running on Wii U initially," he said. "They were the perfect team to do it. Our Bucharest studio is super strong, super strong engineers and I was impressed by how quickly they got to get the game running on the console. And they were so autonomous in doing it. Obviously we're communicating and we're working together, but they were so quick and smart in doing it, it still made sense for them to keep ownership. Obviously they're using the same game content, so they're not building other game content. It's the same game content that we'll adapt for the needs of the specific needs of Wii U. But at the core, same game, but they made all the technical adjustments for it."

The fact that the game was revealed almost 2 years ago and all we've been receiving from the game is that it's been steadily getting worse and worse?  It's not even that it looks bad, it looks alright.  But compared to the absolutely phenomenal showing it had at E3 2012 it looks to be a shell of its former self.  Not to mention the whole malarkey regarding the WiiU version.

I think what we've seen has been pretty consistent, personally. I haven't suddenly seen a new trailer for the game and thought it didn't look fun. I guess I haven't been following as closely as others? *shrugs*  Final Fantasy XV was revealed farther back than Watch Dogs and the hype is still strong, so the time between announcement and release is kind of irrelevant. The same thing happened with Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

It's hard for me to give a damn about the Wii U version because I was never going to buy that version anyway, to be honest. It sucks but it doesn't personally affect me so I can only be so empathetic. Hell, it's not like I'm getting the game at launch. Wii U owners will probably get around to playing the game before I do.

Well that's a bit of a shame about the graphics. I guess it's not fair to compare it to Batman: Arkham Knight, Infamous: Second Son or The Division since two of these games are made for current-gen and PC only, and the third is an exclusive.

That's what happens when your game is cross platform...but I could've sworn that it looked way better than this on PS4. mellow.png

The claim.

image_315969_full.jpg

The reality

7l0I8Xf.png

The claim

image_315967_full.jpg

The reality

t8m1PVP.png

the claim

image_315971_full.jpg

The reality

WbhlqId.jpg

All screens are from the same version of the game... PS4.

Wait...that's PS4 screenshots? Are you sure? They look like an early PS3 era game. The early cutscenes looked so fucking crisp.

Take the Watch Dogs challenge.

Which screen is from a GTA SA and which one is from Watch Dogs on the PS4.

WbhlqId.jpg

Vs

olof.png

Bonus points if you sit more than 10ft away from the screen and can still spot the difference.

Wait...that's PS4 screenshots? Are you sure? They look like an early PS3 era game. The early cutscenes looked so fucking crisp.

According to gaf, it's the PS4 version. But even if it was from a PS360 version... what the hell happened? Where's the life in the city that we were promised... and... that last screen!

• Thumbs Up 1

Could the GAF claims be lying? Their might be a mistake somewhere along the line in terms of the info, those screens might still be the PS3/360 gen version. 

According to gaf, it's the PS4 version. But even if it was from a PS360 version... what the hell happened? Where's the life in the city that we were promised... and... that last screen!

Well to be fair, the previous-gen versions were probably always gonna suck compared to the current-gen versions. I have no idea why Ubisoft chose to make this multi-gen in terms of the game and how it works, it's clearly and blatantly built for current-gen. 

....I'm kinda glad that this is getting bought as a gift for me now (if it ends up sucking at least I'm not paying anything). I am hoping that story trailer/those screenshots are from some beta that was accidentally used for a trailer or something. Because how could they pull off that level of faking for so many trailers/gameplay reveals? It just can't be possible.

Ask SEGA and gearbox they've done it