Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

Some comparisons.

Batman: Arkham Knight

original.jpg?w=600&h

The Division

2433167-division1.jpg

Infamous: Second Son

infamous_second_son_13695117832883.jpg

Watch Dogs.7l0I8Xf.png

...Yeah. I KNOW I just said that it's unfair to compare these three games to Watch Dogs but I did it anyway. What happened? This is how it used to look like.

black1.gif

Do you actually think Arkham Knight is going to look like that when it comes out?

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you actually think Arkham Knight is going to look like that when it comes out?

Yeah. It is made for current-gen and PC only and that is an in-game screenshot. Look at Infanous Second Son. It definitely looks the same as the screenshot in-game.

• Thumbs Up 1

People getting torn up on the graphics.

You know what I think? I don't care. I just want to enjoy the game play.

Yes gameplay is always the most important thing. The thing is though, the game looked amazing before, and now all of a sudden it doesn't. It's just very jarring.

Plus if the world's a lot less populated then that probably means much less things to hack, which affects gameplay. 

Yeah. It is made for current-gen and PC only and that is an in-game screenshot. Look at Infanous Second Son. It definitely looks the same as the screenshot in-game.

Arkham Knight is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One sure. I still don't think it'll look like that tho'.

inFAMOUS Second Son is built from the ground up for PS4 and doesn't look like Arkham Knight at all. Watch Dogs is coming out for PS3, 360, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U. See where I'm going with this?

This is all kind of irrelevant to my main point anyway. I don't care about how pretty the game looks if the gameplay comes close to what the trailers lead me to expect. Is the game really less fun because there are less polygons? I don't get it.

Yes gameplay is always the most important thing. The thing is though, the game looked amazing before, and now all of a sudden it doesn't. It's just very jarring.

It doesn't look terrible either.

Arkham Knight is coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One. It's not PS4 exclusive. inFAMOUS Second Son is built from the ground up for PS4. Watch Dogs is coming out for PS3, 360, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U. See where I'm going with this?

This is all kind of irrelevant to my main point anyway. I don't care about how pretty the game looks if the gameplay comes close to what the trailers lead me to expect. Is the game really less fun because there are less polygons? I don't get it.

Like I said above in my other post, if the world's less populated then it might mean less things to hack, which would affect gameplay. 

I thought I read, perhaps in GamesMaster magazine, that you'd expect fewer pedestrians in the PS3 version. If there's few pedestrians as it is in the PS4 version, Chicago's gonna be a ghost town.

I didn't say anything about the game sucking because it doesn't look as good as it did before.

It's not just the graphics. It's the fact that people were sold/shown a product at E3 and told 'this is work in progress' and the product quality has changed... it's utterly dropped. It's horrendous.

Look at this image, just look at it.

WbhlqId.jpg

What do you see? A very very poorly made car which doesn't actually look like it's in contact it wit the road.

The UI looks like it's just been slapped on with no thought about how it would look on the final product.

The city looks dead, even though it's at night, it's set in chicago, Now I've never been to Chicago, but I would imagine the night-life is more active than that is. But even the day life is totally dead on some of the other screens.

The dead lifeless city is going to have an impact on gameplay since one of the things we were told you could do is follow/investigate any citizen in the game. Less NPC's means less content in this game.

The background of that city doesn't actually look like you could drive to it, it looks more like a flat billboard than an actual 3D space.

The road looks like it has no textures on it, it's looks like they're going to pop in at any second as opposed to be ready.

The car lacks obvious details which you would expect from even a PS360 sandbox game, reflections, shadows etc.

Ladies and gentlemen, the truth at last: Why Watch Dogs went into hiding (it's a very long article but definitely give it a look - lots of interesting stuff)

It's both a little bit refreshing and a little bit worrying to actually see the developer admit that their game wasn't all that great. Will it be any better following the delay? We'll find out come May, I guess...!

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not just the graphics. It's the fact that people were sold/shown a product at E3 and told 'this is work in progress' and the product quality has changed... it's utterly dropped. It's horrendous.

Look at this image, just look at it.

What do you see? A very very poorly made car which doesn't actually look like it's in contact it wit the road.

The UI looks like it's just been slapped on with no thought about how it would look on the final product.

The city looks dead, even though it's at night, it's set in chicago, Now I've never been to Chicago, but I would imagine the night-life is more active than that is. But even the day life is totally dead on some of the other screens.

The background of that city doesn't actually look like you could drive to it, it looks more like a flat billboard than an actual 3D space.

The road looks like it has no textures on it, it's looks like they're going to pop in at any second as opposed to be ready.

The car lacks obvious details which you would expect from even a PS360 sandbox game, reflections, shadows etc.

If I may ask, when was that image taken?

It could just be from earlier in development or something.

Ze polygons are essential, less polygons mean less emotion, we won't be able to immerse in ze story.

Gameplay is great, but without polygons we can't possibly be emotionally gripped. This game is a sign that the industry needs to grow up and become more like film, my PS4 game already looks incredibly better than Watch Dogs:

So you zee, the clear course of action everyone must take is cancel all their preorders of Watch Dogs so they can spend their money on something with old men, like my new game

• Thumbs Up 2

Ze polygons are essential, less polygons mean less emotion, we won't be able to immerse in ze story.

Gameplay is great, but without polygons we can't possibly be emotionally gripped. This game is a sign that the industry needs to grow up and become more like fim, my PS4 game already looks incredibly better than Watch Dogs:

So you zee, the clear course of action everyone must take is cancel all their preorders of Watch Dogs so they can spend their money on something with old men, like my new game

Don't forget Ellen Page!

Ladies and gentlemen, the truth at last: Why Watch Dogs went into hiding (it's a very long article but definitely give it a look - lots of interesting stuff)

It's both a little bit refreshing and a little bit worrying to actually see the developer admit that their game wasn't all that great. Will it be any better following the delay? We'll find out come May, I guess...!

The video really shows how the game looked like before and now. Oh well, the gameplay is the same and it's still fun so that matters more.

It doesn't look terrible either.

Mmm... nah, it looks pretty fucking terrible. This isn't 2007.

The video really shows how the game looked like before and now. Oh well, the gameplay is the same so that matters more.

I also like their honesty.

Oh, and on the graphics front, I reckon that the graphics were toned down so it would run better.

If that's the case, then fair enough. I like my games running smoothly.

Mmm... nah, it looks pretty fucking terrible. This isn't 2007.

Still doesn't look that bad.

I'm not the kind of person that allows graphics to put me off a game.

Also, the difference between now and May is a while, so we might see more of the game as we go along.

I'm honestly not that surprised. This was known a long time ago when Ubisoft's advertising/trailer team accidentally used the "PS3" version when releasing one of their trailers.

People made the same comments. "PS2 graphics!" "Gamecube graphics!"

This changes almost everything. Remember The Division and how awesome it looked? You're probably going to see another downgrade there. Ubisoft launched a false ride of hype with the graphics and they can't live up to it. This is why I really never care about graphics hype because companies tend to BS them. This happened all the time with last gen, why would it change now?

The "amazing graphics" version might not even be the PC version. As shown in the video above, Ubisoft's E3 footage was compared to the PC version running at max settings. They still looked miles apart. What might be reality is Ubisoft is making special "demos" that will never be released publicly.

Apparently the awful car screenshot is PS4 footage, so I really don't want to know what the other versions will look like. I mean, I understand a big downgrade but not a downgrade that takes it back two generations.

It still doesn't make sense to me though. They've been showing off different builds of the game for a while. Wii U in Nintendo Direct, PS3 in the trailer, PS4 in other situations, PC, etc. In the Wii U one, the graphics look better which doesn't make sense. Something's not right here?

Also, the difference between now and May is a while, so we might see more of the game as we go along.

2 months is nothing for an AAA title that has already been in development for years.  They're not going to be revamping the visuals and engine.  They'll be doing stuff like bug fixes and polishes.

• Thumbs Up 2