Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

The exclusive content looks good, but I'm going to stick with my Wii U pre-order.

Wait, hang on a minute.....the graphics look fine in this trailer, yet they looked sort of crap in the story trailer....I'm confused...

It is indeed weird. Maybe they did show an old build after all.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah that trailer does give me more hope for the graphics. I'm hoping what happened was that they showed an earlier PS4 build that was much closer to the current-gen version then the one actually released on next-gen consoles is. 

Even then, as long as the gameplay is good I can deal with meh graphics. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the story trailer was the Wii U version? While it looked pretty crap to pass as a PS4 game in that trailer, it looked a bit too much for the 360/PS3 to handle. Could be wrong, but they did say that the Wii U version would look better than those systems. It would also explain why the visuals look incomplete.

So basically.....get watch dogs on a Sony system and you instantly win? Gotcha. Let me go throw $400+ at ubi that I don't have. Ugh. I can't wait to upgrade to next gen.

• Thumbs Up 3

846425.gif

Whu? The...game looks great now? But..they said the other footage was PS4 so it must've been early build, or something!

May can't come soon enough!

• Thumbs Up 2

While that trailer does look better than the other footage that had been leaked, a part of me is saying that the footage apart from any story pre-rendered cutscenes that the game will have is still fake since it is common for a publisher to post trailers not showing what the game really looks like even going as far back as the Spectrum/C64 days where they used arcade screenshots or mock ups on the back of the boxes. There have been games that have downgraded the graphics from events to retail such as Aliens: Colonal Marines or Dark Souls II, these two being more recent examples and while the original graphics in Watch Dogs might be possible on a PS4 and definitely on a higher spec PC, Ubisoft have to think about the other systems too especially the older systems that wouldn't have coped.

Until the game comes out and all versions have been shown actual gameplay footage/screenshots, still weary about this game. When it was in development last year, it was a game that I was looking forward to but then after the delay, the interest just dropped. It also doesn't help that Ubisoft are flip flopping regarding the status of the Wii U version and unknown how much of a reduction in graphics/performance for the PS3/360 versions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe the story trailer was the Wii U version?

No. It was already outright confirmed to be the PS4 version we were seeing at that time. Can we not go down this path/cycle AGAIN and be happy that the graphics might not be as terrible as they appeared to be earlier please?

No. It was already outright confirmed to be the PS4 version we were seeing at that time. Can we not go down this path/cycle AGAIN and be happy that the graphics might not be as terrible as they appeared to be earlier please?

I did say that the graphics in that trailer were too good for 360. I said that it looks crap for a PS4 game too, so I never said that it would look bad for a Wii U game. In fact, it's the opposite. It would look pretty good for a Wii U game.

If you're referring to older crap looking trailer that we've lambasted, that looks bad for even a last gen system like the PS3.

Then again, maybe it's the 360/PS3 version? If that's the case, the Wii U version will look a bit better.

The previous trailer was PS4 and this trailer is PS4 also. The previous trailer may have been an older build.

Watch Dogs - Welcome to Chicago

Check out this new trailer highlighting the city, its citizens, and the Disrupt engine for Watch Dogs.

Back to the gorgeous looking Watch Dogs that we knew and loved.

• Thumbs Up 1

And yet people STILL think that it looks bad...these people are probably graphic whores.

Well, the story trailer DID look like a piece of crap...

There is the scary possibility that they're showing a build that's not downgraded for the sake of damage control and the actual game will still be downgraded...I hope that's not the case. 

There is the scary possibility that they're showing a build that's not downgraded for the sake of damage control and the actual game will still be downgraded...I hope that's not the case. 

Oh god, I didn't think of that... I should be more cynical.

Ok I've never seen this bit of gameplay, but it's in Russian.

Anyhow I see an upgrade system, and a bit of hacking.

And I might've found the source of that video. Edit: Nope, but I still don't remember any of this footage.

Time to get some questions answered, just leave a comment on that video with your question.

Time to get some questions answered, just leave a comment on that video with your question.

I really have no questions to ask. I just want the game to come out already, lol.

I expect "WHY DOES ONE OF YOUR TRAILERS LOOK LIKE A FUCKING PS3 GAME" to be asked quite a lot.

Wii U version releasing in Fall 2014

As long as they stick to their word on this one, that's actually not a bad time for it to come out. Summer on Wii U will be dominated by Mario Kart 8 but then there's (for now at least) a big empty gap in the Autumn where Watch Dogs slots in nicely, before Smash Bros comes along in Winter at the end of the year to cover the Christmas period. Of course, this is all assuming Nintendo doesn't have some other huge games planned for the second half of the year, but it's just good to see that Ubisoft hasn't abandoned the console completely.

• Thumbs Up 5