Nintendoga

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Yeah that trailer does give me more hope for the graphics. I'm hoping what happened was that they showed an earlier PS4 build that was much closer to the current-gen version then the one actually released on next-gen consoles is. 

Even then, as long as the gameplay is good I can deal with meh graphics. 

Maybe the story trailer was the Wii U version? While it looked pretty crap to pass as a PS4 game in that trailer, it looked a bit too much for the 360/PS3 to handle. Could be wrong, but they did say that the Wii U version would look better than those systems. It would also explain why the visuals look incomplete.

While that trailer does look better than the other footage that had been leaked, a part of me is saying that the footage apart from any story pre-rendered cutscenes that the game will have is still fake since it is common for a publisher to post trailers not showing what the game really looks like even going as far back as the Spectrum/C64 days where they used arcade screenshots or mock ups on the back of the boxes. There have been games that have downgraded the graphics from events to retail such as Aliens: Colonal Marines or Dark Souls II, these two being more recent examples and while the original graphics in Watch Dogs might be possible on a PS4 and definitely on a higher spec PC, Ubisoft have to think about the other systems too especially the older systems that wouldn't have coped.

Until the game comes out and all versions have been shown actual gameplay footage/screenshots, still weary about this game. When it was in development last year, it was a game that I was looking forward to but then after the delay, the interest just dropped. It also doesn't help that Ubisoft are flip flopping regarding the status of the Wii U version and unknown how much of a reduction in graphics/performance for the PS3/360 versions.

No. It was already outright confirmed to be the PS4 version we were seeing at that time. Can we not go down this path/cycle AGAIN and be happy that the graphics might not be as terrible as they appeared to be earlier please?

I did say that the graphics in that trailer were too good for 360. I said that it looks crap for a PS4 game too, so I never said that it would look bad for a Wii U game. In fact, it's the opposite. It would look pretty good for a Wii U game.

There is the scary possibility that they're showing a build that's not downgraded for the sake of damage control and the actual game will still be downgraded...I hope that's not the case. 

Oh god, I didn't think of that... I should be more cynical.

Ok I've never seen this bit of gameplay, but it's in Russian.

Anyhow I see an upgrade system, and a bit of hacking.

And I might've found the source of that video. Edit: Nope, but I still don't remember any of this footage.

Wii U version releasing in Fall 2014

As long as they stick to their word on this one, that's actually not a bad time for it to come out. Summer on Wii U will be dominated by Mario Kart 8 but then there's (for now at least) a big empty gap in the Autumn where Watch Dogs slots in nicely, before Smash Bros comes along in Winter at the end of the year to cover the Christmas period. Of course, this is all assuming Nintendo doesn't have some other huge games planned for the second half of the year, but it's just good to see that Ubisoft hasn't abandoned the console completely.