Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

So Ubisoft is now 100% focused on getting the Wii U version done since they finished the other versions.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/05/ubisoft_now_fully_focused_on_making_the_wii_u_version_of_watch_dogs_the_best_it_can_be

This probably now ends all speculation of Ubisoft secretly canceling the Wii U version.

What are you talking abouut, the speculation of them secretly cancelling the Wii U version will never end! At least, not until it's released.

It's nice that they are giving the Wii U version a lot of focus and work. Hopefully, it won't be like other Ubisoft ports. I just hope that it sells well on Wii U.

• 2 weeks later...

This coming from a company with an excruciatingly long history of bullshots... it sounds plausible, but I'll believe it when I see it, thanks.

Even if this turns out to be true, how long will it stay at 60 fps, for all we know what it really could be is an unlocked framerate that reaches 60fps, but nearly the entire game runs closer to 30 fps like tomb raider: Definitive Edition. It could also be 60 fps almost half of the time usually dropping around 30 in situations with many objects. Or it could be a smooth 60 fps occasionally dropping below that. I'm personally hoping it's that 3rd choice, but the first seems the most likely.

Honestly, in regards to the wii-u version, I kinda wish they would have gone for a bit more of a specialized spin-off-ish version that stands more on its own and gives full and total gamepad integration, which would work extremely well with this game's gimics moreso than ANY other remote, but that's my thoughts

That would be more expensive to do though, it would be cheaper to do a decent port of the original game to Wii U. Gamepad features were also confirmed for the Wii U version.

Oh for fucks sake I'm actually glad I'm getting this as a gift and not actually paying for it anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh for fucks sake I'm actually glad I'm getting this as a gift and not actually paying for it anymore.

So you wouldn't have bought it if it was 30fps?

30fps is pretty much a miracle for big open world games at the moment. GTA V could have benefitted from it so well.

• Thumbs Up 2

So Sony was basically lying about the frames and the resolution on PS4? Great. /sarcasm

UPDATE. Watch_Dogs may not be 60fps on the PS4 after all. LMAO this is getting silly now, let's just wait for the game to release.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/12/watch-dogs-on-ps4-confirmed-to-run-at-1080p-60fps

This honestly sounded too good to be true anyways. A game with so much going on to run at 60fps would probably have low draw distances honestly to stay at 60fps and achieve full 1080p hd or toned down graphics.

This is one of the few 60fps 1080p games on ps4 that actually stay at 60 fps, heck even the 360 version is running at 60 fps. This game really is very smooth and never drops a frame, ever based on the couple of days I've played it.

This is also a port of a last gen game yet it hardly ever reaches 60 fps. This is also based on hands on experience.

So Sony was basically lying about the frames and the resolution on PS4? Great. /sarcasm

The frame rate probably. The resolution, nah this game could probably do full 1080p or at worst 900p like AC4 was at launch.

Resolution, no, it'll be 1080p for sure. FPS...probably. I don't want to call them liars yet because they may have edited it for other reasons, and Ubisoft have said nothing about FPS.

>Sony makes a console using all off-the-shelf parts and 8 GB DDR5 RAM for third-parties

>Ubisoft can't make a console open world game full 60 FPS, 1080p

Wow...........just.........wow. As if I needed proof that third parties are just plain lazy..

UPDATE OF AN UPDATE: Watch_Dogs IS 1080p/60fps on PS4, according to Ubisoft themselves!

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2394596/watch_dogs_is_1080p_60fps_on_ps4_says_ubisoft.html

Quote from the German website which went to a Ubisoft German event. They also say that the PS4 version is missing some ambient light occlusion, meaning that shadows are not produced from objects which are far away. Ignore the broken English, it's translated with Google Translate.

At night is due to the low contrast barely in days to see more clearly that the ambient light occlusion of the PS4 version is missing or very faint. Many objects therefore seem to float in the air, especially since not all cast a shadow. The announced for the PC version HBAO + (Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion) will likely pick up the ambient light occlusion clearly visible flickering edges should by MSAA and TXAA (Temporal Approximate Anti-Aliasing, only for Geforce graphics cards) can be limited to a minimum.

Watchdog despite these criticisms by no means ugly game that is played version has sobered us in terms of graphics - no wonder the developers but regardless of the load-gen consoles have to take. Ubisoft talks bodied 1080p at 60 fps for the Playstation 4 and in fact showed the game subjectively barely frame rate dips. On the other hand, would be 30 fps and a higher rendering Qualiät our opinion, the better option was, perhaps Ubisoft could but then have to make the Xbox One too many compromises.

LMAO, what a rollercoaster. The reason why Sony may have taken it off is because the Xbox One version may have 1080p/60fps as well.

By the way, NEW TRAILER. Watch_Dogs 101, the sequel to The Wonderful 101 tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Watch Dogs confirmed to be bomba.

Nah I'm sure it'll sell loads on next gen. It'll probably flop on current gen though due to GTA V.

Nah I'm sure it'll sell loads on next gen. It'll probably flop on current gen though due to GTA V.

This game looks different enough from GTA V to warrant a purchase IMO.

I dunno even CoD is struggling against GTA V. Activision have been trying everything to sway people back their way but GTA V seems to have stolen their audience.

Nah gta 5 was released and while online is great fun (provided you have a crew of friends) it's still a little lacking I mean we still don't have heist.

Anyways I'm picking this game up on launch day, but I probably won't play it till Friday, so in the meantime I have a year of ps+ I have yet to activate and no friends who own a ps4, so if anyone wants to create a crew or something send me a friend request on psn, oh and i finally have a headset for chat too.

UPDATE OF AN UPDATE OF AN UPDATE, THE FINAL UPDATE, UPDATECEPTION:

Watch_Dogs is 900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbox One, and they both run at 30fps.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/watch-dogs-is-not-1080p-or-60-frames-per-second-on-xbox-one-or-ps4

Yep. This is the final confirmation. I guess what I posted before was a bunch of poppycock...yeah. Sony lied, or should I say Ubisoft.

tHw0b.gif

Cue the internet shitstorm.

• Thumbs Up 7

Sheesh Ubisoft and Sony make up your mind already! @_@ So, it's definitely 900p and 30fps on PS4 then? That sucks.

I think getting the Wii U version will definitely be worth the wait.