Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

Apparently, the CPU in the PS4 is crap and the game is very CPU intensive, so that might explain it.

Still freaking sad though when at least Second Son ran at 1080p.

CPU is not a bottleneck for resolution.

Still freaking sad though when at least Second Son ran at 1080p.

"At least"? Second Son is technically great. Ubi coding can't even get PC versions of games to run stable on beefy rigs.

What I mean is that you can't compare the situations.

Man I remember when Ubisoft was seen as the saviour of gaming two years ago on E3

look at'em now

lawl 792p

What is with these strange resolutions lately?

792p is no different than 720p in most screens.

For the PS4 version though, disappointing. Oh well, PC it is.

You can keep your shitty, unoptimized mess, thanks. There's better stuff coming out this month anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes looks WAY better than Watch_Dogs and that runs at 1080p/60fps. What is going on here?

Even so. Not buying a game just because of resolution and frame rate is pretty silly IMO. If the game is good, the game is good.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes looks WAY better than Watch_Dogs and that runs at 1080p/60fps. What is going on here?

False equivalency. MGS:GZ wasn't open world.

That said - 

giphy.gif

inFamous Second Son is a Gen 8 exclusive (not cross-gen) open world game that ran at 1080p and a near constant 30fps. It also happens to be a much nicer looking game than Watch_Dogs.

Ubi needs to step the fuck up. This is pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Watch Dogs might be the only thing next gen aside from the Xbox One that has done so many 180's.

I mean damn Ubisoft, do you even know the specifics of your own product?

Doesn't really matter to me. I have no problem with 30 fps and my TV is only 720p. Game looks fun to me, so I'll get it once I buy a PS4.

False equivalency. MGS:GZ wasn't open world.

That said - 

giphy.gif

inFamous Second Son is a Gen 8 exclusive (not cross-gen) open world game that ran at 1080p and a near constant 30fps. It also happens to be a much nicer looking game than Watch_Dogs.

Ubi needs to step the fuck up. This is pathetic.

Yeah, it is an exclusive, that's why it looks so good. Watch_Dogs is on 6 platforms, so they do need to stretch out their resources. Cross-gen games will never look as good as exclusives.

Yeah, it is an exclusive, that's why it looks so good. Watch_Dogs is on 6 platforms, so they do need to stretch out their resources. Cross-gen games will never look as good as exclusives.

Of course I'm not expecting them to look better, but I most certainly am expecting them to run competently. The power gap between Gen 7 and Gen 8 is immense, and Watch_Dogs should logically be able to scale properly.

If Metal Gear can deliver on 1080p/60fps, then Watch_Dogs should be able to handle at least 30. The fact that far more demanding games are providing better performance than one built for nearly decade-old hardware is pathetic.

You seem to forget that GZ is a demo, while Watch Dogs is the full thing. I'll wait 'til Phantom Pain.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course I'm not expecting them to look better, but I most certainly am expecting them to run competently. The power gap between Gen 7 and Gen 8 is immense, and Watch_Dogs should logically be able to scale properly.

If Metal Gear can deliver on 1080p/60fps, then Watch_Dogs should be able to handle at least 30. The fact that far more demanding games are providing better performance than one built for nearly decade-old hardware is pathetic.

So is it the frame rate or the resolution that's making you angry?

So is it the frame rate or the resolution that's making you angry?

The resolution.

You seem to forget that GZ is a demo, while Watch Dogs is the full thing. I'll wait 'til Phantom Pain.

That has literally no bearing on how the game runs. 

At all.

^That plus PP is supposed to be open world anyway so if GZ is a small part of it, I'm pretty sure that's how the game will look when it comes out, though it doesn't need to be locked at 60 since 30 fps is good enough for a open world game (or just any game in general).

The resolution.

To be fair. Battlefield 4 and Watch_Dogs are the only games on the PS4 to be 900p, granted BF4 does run at 60fps. I can't speak for Watch_Dogs cause I haven't played it in person, but there was never one moment were I said that BF4 was ugly even though I knew it was 900p before playing it. A lot of people are saying that Watch_Dogs is a pretty game as well.

Unless you sit very close to your TV or have a massive TV, I don't think the difference between 1080p and 900p is such a big deal. If the game is fun, does it really matter if it's running at 180p less?

• Thumbs Up 1

^That plus PP is supposed to be open world anyway so if GZ is a small part of it, I'm pretty sure that's how the game will look when it comes out, 

I don't think so. GZ is not an open world while PP is. So PP may consume more power.

I don't think so. GZ is not an open world while PP is. So PP may consume more power.

It's not the same kind of open world as Watch_Dogs and inFamous. There isn't as much happening on screen to require that. 

On top of that, it's still a PS3/360 game being ported upwards with minor changes. There is no reason for TPP to be that drastically different from GZ.

If we're going with the "demo" description, then I'll ask this - what demo have you played that had literally double the framerate of the full game it was advertising?

To be fair. Battlefield 4 and Watch_Dogs are the only games on the PS4 to be 900p, granted BF4 does run at 60fps. I can't speak for Watch_Dogs cause I haven't played it in person, but there was never one moment were I said that BF4 was ugly even though I knew it was 900p before playing it. A lot of people are saying that Watch_Dogs is a pretty game as well.

Unless you sit very close to your TV or have a massive TV, I don't think the difference between 1080p and 900p is such a big deal. If the game is fun, does it really matter if it's running at 180p less?

I have a 32" 1080p screen that I sit close to. inFamous looks great on it, as do the wealth of other games I've bought and played on my PS4. The standard has been set, and the only other game that doesn't run at 1080p was a launch game. There is no excuse anymore.

And yes, it matters. Otherwise, I'd still be buying these multiplats on my PS3. I have higher expectations than I did six years ago.

It's not the same kind of open world as Watch_Dogs and inFamous. There isn't as much happening on screen to require that. 

On top of that, it's still a PS3/360 game being ported upwards with minor changes. There is no reason for TPP to be that drastically different from GZ.

If we're going with the "demo" description, then I'll ask this - what demo have you played that had literally double the framerate of the full game it was advertising?

I have a 32" 1080p screen that I sit close to. inFamous looks great on it, as do the wealth of other games I've bought and played on my PS4. The standard has been set, and the only other game that doesn't run at 1080p was a launch game. There is no excuse anymore.

And yes, it matters. Otherwise, I'd still be buying these multiplats on my PS3. I have higher expectations than I did six years ago.

Ok maybe I need to get my eyes checked, but I also have a 32 inch 1080p telelevision and this resolution difference doesn't seem to be as massive as most make it out to be, yes Assassins Creed 4 was 900p (at launch) but it was bumped up to 1080p, to see that 100 pixel difference you'd seriously have to squint your eyes. As for the xbone, it's pretty much just developers unlocking it's potential like they did later on with the ps3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok maybe I need to get my eyes checked, but I also have a 32 inch 1080p telelevision and this resolution difference doesn't seem to be as massive as most make it out to be, yes Assassins Creed 4 was 900p (at launch) but it was bumped up to 1080p, to see that 100 pixel difference you'd seriously have to squint your eyes. As for the xbone, it's pretty much just developers unlocking it's potential like they did later on with the ps3.

I sit rather close to the screen (it's on my desk) and the difference is very much noticeable to me. Resolution bumps make it much easier to see objects and details in the distance, and in general make a game much more pleasing to look at. 

And frankly, I don't really care if 900p "isn't that bad", either. The standard have long been set, and anything below them on this console is sub-standard. All PS4 games should be 1080p. No exceptions.

I sit rather close to the screen (it's on my desk) and the difference is very much noticeable to me. Resolution bumps make it much easier to see objects and details in the distance, and in general make a game much more pleasing to look at. 

And frankly, I don't really care if 900p "isn't that bad", either. The standard have long been set, and anything below them on this console is sub-standard. All PS4 games should be 1080p. No exceptions.

Then I think you'll be disappointed cause I do see quite a few 900p games on the PS4 in the future. For starters, The Witcher 3 will most probably be 900p. I wouldn't be surprised if Final Fantasy XV was 900p.

Maybe you should think about investing in a PC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it just speaks for the mindset of many developers these days. They'd rather focus on getting something that works mediocre on everything or pump their games full of spectacle rather than actually making them run well enough for high resolutions.

Then I think you'll be disappointed cause I do see quite a few 900p games on the PS4 in the future. For starters, The Witcher 3 will most probably be 900p.

Maybe you should think about investing in a PC.

Already on that, but thanks for the advice. 

And considering the fact that less than 1% of the PS4's current library isn't 1080p, I'll take my chances. Any game that doesn't fulfill that standard will have to do a lot in other categories to offset that, and that's not something Watch_Dogs does by any stretch of the imagination.

Good news. Watch_Dogs goes GOLD

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/14/watch-dogs-goes-gold

If you don't know what that means, then it means that the game is 100% complete and ready to be shipped.

Well we are 2 weeks out now, now to wait for some retailer (hopefully the Gamestop I preordered it at) to slip up and start selling the game early.