Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820807 

Somebody on GAF found a review. 

The score is 7.2

inb47isabadscore. Yep, seems that way according to all those comments...

To be honest the review was not the best IMO. All he kept on talking about in the video review was the graphics. Since it was also reviewed on the Xbox One, the graphics may not be up to par with the PS4 version. Not hating, just saying.

Does Watch_Dogs really not look that great in daytime? I guess I'll have to see for myself when I play it.

Erf...well, I kind of expected a score like that since slowly but surely I was starting to lose interest in this and it looked less and less amazing and very much unlike that E3 presentation.

This could be like what happened with Assassins Creed though. Remember how that game got 7's and 8's but once the sequel came out it was critically acclaimed. Maybe something similar will happen here? Experimental game followed by a solid sequel!

Edit: wait wait wait what's this?

One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing. Either you keep getting invaded, or you get punished for wanting to play sometimes and not other times with the online mode.

WTF UBISOFT

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 6

WCCF Tech managed to get their hands on an early retail copy of Watch Dogs, so they were able to post up a review without worrying about Ubisoft cracking down hard on them for breaking the embargo date. In other words, WCCF Tech just held up a big, strong, beefy middle-finger to the publishing regime that dictates how you usually get information about a game before it releases -cough-Aliens Colonial Marines-cough-.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Watch-Dogs-First-Review-Laments-Xbox-One-Last-Gen-Graphics-64162.html

So it looks like there is a review embargo. This doesn't sound good....

I hate review embargoes. =I Mario Kart 8 is coming out the day after Watch Dogs is released and Nintendo isn't ashamed to have their reviews posted up way before it's even out! I dunno, this isn't looking too good...

Even if this ends up getting 7's or whatever (which is quite fair let's be honest), it would be a major disappointment for a great looking AAA game that took years to make and was even delayed for an extra half year to be just alright.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hate review embargoes. =I Mario Kart 8 is coming out the day after Watch Dogs is released and Nintendo isn't ashamed to have their reviews posted up way before it's even out! I dunno, this isn't looking too good...

Even if this ends up getting 7's or whatever (which is quite fair let's be honest), it would be a major disappointment for a great looking AAA game that took years to make and was even delayed for an extra half year to be just alright.

That's because Mario Kart doesn't really have to worry about marketing momentum. It's a game that will sell almost automatically to anyone who's a Wii U owner.

The scummy thing is having embargoes that end on the release date though. Fuck that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the problem with 7s is, while they're not a bad score by any stretch, it's not what Ubisoft were selling. They were marketing it as some game-changer that'd be an awesome hit -- when you say stuff like that, a 7 is gonna seem disappointing. Anywho, glad I don't like the Ubisoft formula anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember when everyone was hype about this game.

That twas a year ago, Hype dies 

So was the review posted here an unofficial review or a false review?

If it had bashed the game completely, or Praised it ridiculously  I would have my doubts, however the article was level headed and well written, so I trust it

Ubisoft is doing their best to bury or hide anything that can hurt Watchdogs, despite the high possibility it is relatively mediocre

• Thumbs Up 1

"Please pay no attention to those negative reviews... they're not the ones we paid for!"

Or, to satirise the game's own marketing campaign that I've seen in a few TV adverts recently:

"My enemies may run Chicago write the reviews... but I control them!"

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 7

So has anyone seen current gen gameplay yet? That's really the only thing I'm waiting for.

• Thumbs Up 1

So has anyone seen current gen gameplay yet? That's really the only thing I'm waiting for.

I'll show you current gen gameplay.

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Here you go

Dude, I'm pretty sure that was ps4 gameplay. Not ps3/360 stuff. Plus that video is like a month old.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, I'm pretty sure that was ps4 gameplay. Not ps3/360 stuff. Plus that video is like a month old.

You said current gen gameplay. I classify the PS4 and Xbox One as current gen consoles. 

I don't think that there is any gameplay from the PS3/360 version.

Actually yes here's some off screen footage of the ps3 version. I'm surprised this wasn't taken down yet. There's more footage btw.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m4GAQDYScSI

Edit: A Brazilian retailer is selling the game early, which explains the Portuguese leaks I've seen.

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/05/19/watch-dogs-already-sold-brazil/

Ok now this is getting crazy. Here's direct feed 1080p videos of the ps4 version also w/a downloadable version. Warning: the page takes a long time to load

http://wccftech.com/watch-dogs-ps4-full-hd-1080p-directfeed-gameplay-footage-leaked/

Just type in watch dogs leak in Google, you mind will be blown by how much footage is out.

OMFG I downloaded those 2 videos and wow is this game gorgeous, looks like gta 5, yah right how much screen tearing do you see and the lighting effects. Heck even the sound is fantastic. Please release early I've got the game pre-ordered though so I'd have to wait anyways, unlesss it releases a few days early like tomb raider: de did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually yes here's some off screen footage of the ps3 version. I'm surprised this wasn't taken down yet. There's more footage btw.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m4GAQDYScSI

Edit: A Brazilian retailer is selling the game early, which explains the Portuguese leaks I've seen.

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/05/19/watch-dogs-already-sold-brazil/

Ok now this is getting crazy. Here's direct feed 1080p videos of the ps4 version also w/a downloadable version. Warning: the page takes a long time to load

http://wccftech.com/watch-dogs-ps4-full-hd-1080p-directfeed-gameplay-footage-leaked/

Just type in watch dogs leak in Google, you mind will be blown by how much footage is out.

OMFG I downloaded those 2 videos and wow is this game gorgeous, looks like gta 5, yah right how much screen tearing do you see and the lighting effects. Heck even the sound is fantastic. Please release early I've got the game pre-ordered though so I'd have to wait anyways, unlesss it releases a few days early like tomb raider: de did.

*looks at ps3 gameplay*

Wow. That looks just as good as ps4 gameplay. So with that said, the only REAL definitive version will be the PC version right? Unless the lighting is better on the ps4/x1 and I'm just not really seeing it.

• Thumbs Up 1