Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

I MIGHT get the 360 version. I have some spare cash. Depends, what are the graphics like? I might just wait until I get a PS4.

I MIGHT get the 360 version. I have some spare cash. Depends, what are the graphics like? I might just wait until I get a PS4.

360 version looks to be the inferior one. Some clips of it were posted a few pages back. It's GTAIV quality, empty world and bad textures.

Ugh, I'll wait and get the PS4 version then. It should be a bit cheaper when I get the console.

So if you're going to buy the PC version of this, the chances are it's going to run like garbage. It's so horribly unoptimized that a GTX 770, the best midrange card money can buy, only get's around 25FPS on Ultra with AA.

"Well those are some high settings Solkia" Yeah, settings a 770 should be able to handle at well over 60FPS.

http://youtu.be/JJnrifAZ9N4?t=1m34s

Probably late on this, but that is really fucking pathetic. Even Arkham Origins was better optimized.

The annoying thing is there are no reviews for any other versions of Watch Dogs. It's only PS4 and I think one or two Xbone reviews. I want to know what it's like on last gen consoles dangit!

Francis speaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AsvW9YK5lM

• Thumbs Up 3

I've been playing the PS3 version (which I assume is very similar) and graphics are decent. During early morning if it rains it looks horrendous but apart from that it is pretty good. Afternoon and night look the best on the PS3 version. Main thing is the gameplay is just like the other versions and it has all the features (minus Online Decryption and Online Free Roam).

I think I'm better off waiting until I get a PS4. I'm about a third of the way through what I need, and I haven't even been doing much recently.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I'm better off waiting until I get a PS4. I'm about a third of the way through what I need, and I haven't even been doing much recently.

PS4 version is pretty damn good.

• Thumbs Up 2

The Ubisoft servers seem to be acting up a fair bit. It isn't too bad but I've had more than one occasion where I lose connection for no reason and cannot reconnect!

The Ubisoft servers seem to be acting up a fair bit. It isn't too bad but I've had more than one occasion where I lose connection for no reason and cannot reconnect!

Yeah, they confirmed that their servers for Watch_Dogs needs some work at the moment.

Also, Watch_Dogs is the FASTEST SELLING game Ubisoft has ever made.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/28/watch-dogs-becomes-fastest-selling-game-in-ubisoft-history

• Thumbs Up 2

Overrated. *Clap *clap *clap *clap *clap.

Seriously though, this game was so over-hyped it's ridiculous. Personally, I am disappoint. Typical ubisoft I guess though. Don't get me wrong, still a great game, but not what everyone was expecting it to be. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So if you're going to buy the PC version of this, the chances are it's going to run like garbage. It's so horribly unoptimized that a GTX 770, the best midrange card money can buy, only get's around 25FPS on Ultra with AA.

"Well those are some high settings Solkia" Yeah, settings a 770 should be able to handle at well over 60FPS.

http://youtu.be/JJnrifAZ9N4?t=1m34s

Probably late on this, but that is really fucking pathetic. Even Arkham Origins was better optimized.

Yes, there is some terrible stuttering even with the most powerful graphics cards. They're aware of the issue so I really hope they fix it soon, as it's quite unacceptable. Also, there's some mouse acceleration nonsense going on too; basically the game is treating the mouse like a gamepad stick, and as a result it controls like shit with a mouse.

Oh man, the online hacking is quite a challenge! You really need to know the area you are going to initiate the hack in or else you will be caught.

Also, you can lose your notoriety unlocks from losing to another player which is complete bullshit.

Oh man, the online hacking is quite a challenge! You really need to know the area you are going to initiate the hack in or else you will be caught.

Also, you can lose your notoriety unlocks from losing to another player which is complete bullshit.

Agreed...It's pretty annoying. All I want is my BOOOOOOOST (Nitro) upgrade.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I been playing watch dogs on my Asus DTR with the gtx 780m.... 

I dunno id its due to the Nivida Driver update I'm not getting much of the problems people are talking about. Some frame rate dips when driving but I am running it normally locked at 40+FPS with high settings at 1080p.

I dunno it might be the fact that I have 4 GB of DDR5 VRAM ;p....since this game supposed to eat atleast GB of it on high I think.

Agreed...It's pretty annoying. All I want is my BOOOOOOOST (Nitro) upgrade.

Sometimes I have the nitro in the races, sometimes I don't.

I updated my driver and the game's working fine. I'm kind of mixed so far, but with more positive than negative feelings. Granted, I didn't follow the game's development too closely so I can't really relate to the disappointment with the graphics and such, and the physics/AI glitches like the train stopping on a dime don't seem to come up unless you actively seek them out. The hacking mechanic is a lot of fun; it really adds a lot to the traditional GTA formula; the car chases are more interesting than "just keep driving", the stealth is more interesting than "just keep waiting" and the action is... well, is still basically "just keep shooting." Still, I tend to avoid combat because it's just more fun to mess with people by sending them prank texts, confusing them with forklifts and even just blowing them up remotely. There are also some really cool missions like driving stealth than isn't just "tail this guy but not too closely." Also, the Dark Souls-style invasion mechanic is actually pretty well implemented and quite befitting given the game's theme. On a pragmatic level, it's a really solid game but at the same time it doesn't feel like a game that I'm going to have many great memories of. The innovations it does have are solid, but it could have pushed the envelope a lot more, especially for a genre as played out as the city sandbox. It's still very grindy and not particularly motivating. For one thing, the game doesn't have a whole lot of personality. Part of that is it's own fault and part of that is just the baggage its genre carries. Aiden is basically suffering from Cole McGrath Syndrome, meaning he's in the awkward position of being both an important character in a fixed narrative and an open-ended proxy for the player and can't really develop in any meaningful direction because of that. I've also noticed that in city sandbox games in general, no one ever really seems to be your friend- everyone you meet is just some means to an end or a plot device. I feel there are some ways this game could have used its novelty to change. For instance, maybe Aiden's phone could have been a character- some kind of SIRI expy. That could have made for some funny, interesting dialogue. I dunno, just throwing ideas out there. Overall, I'm pretty apathetic about this one. Better than a "meh", but not quite a "yeh." I'm interested enough to want to play the campaign all the way through, but probably not enough to ever pick it up again after that.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, could you do a lot of missions either stealthy by hacking or go guns blazing?

So, could you do a lot of missions either stealthy by hacking or go guns blazing?

Yeah, you have choice in how you tackle a lot of the missions. You can go stealthy with no hacking and just do silent takedowns, stealthy with hacking, although that tends to gather attention depending on what you hack, or you can just go guns blazing. You can of course mix it up as well.

Guns blazing tends to be the easiest option but the AI is actually pretty smart and you die very quickly in this game, so expect some challenging fights. They can also call for reinforcements but you have a gadget and a hack to negate that. The most threatening type of enemy is the Enforcer. They basically have TONS of armor and loads of firepower, the only way to kill them quickly is with explosives...if you run out of those then you're gonna have a hard time.

Most campaign missions end with a guns blazing scenario though because the enemy will know where you are, but you can choose to try to escape the area undetected if you want...but that is pretty hard to do and normally results in a car chase.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, you have choice in how you tackle a lot of the missions. You can go stealthy with no hacking and just do silent takedowns, stealthy with hacking, although that tends to gather attention depending on what you hack, or you can just go guns blazing. You can of course mix it up as well.

Guns blazing tends to be the easiest option but the AI is actually pretty smart and you die very quickly in this game, so expect some challenging fights. They can also call for reinforcements but you have a gadget and a hack to negate that. The most threatening type of enemy is the Enforcer. They basically have TONS of armor and loads of firepower, the only way to kill them quickly is with explosives...if you run out of those then you're gonna have a hard time.

Most campaign missions end with a guns blazing scenario though because the enemy will know where you are, but you can choose to try to escape the area undetected if you want...but that is pretty hard to do and normally results in a car chase.

Shit, now I want this game again. I love it when I can just beat an objective with stealth.

Shit, now I want this game again. I love it when I can just beat an objective with stealth.

Being stealthy feels a lot like playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, if you've played that.

Being stealthy feels a lot like playing Splinter Cell Blacklist, if you've played that.

I didn't. Was Blacklist's stealth any good? I always just like the feel of accomplishment.