Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

Okay is there any drawback to using these files? Like do you need a badass PC for the game to run at a reasonable framerate with these shaders/other graphical stuff from E3 2012 and 2013? Because like, WOW. Is Ubisoft literally braindead? 

Remind me again, why does this need 6GB of RAM for the PC version, again? Seriously, first a poor optimization job and now it's revealed they have even less to show for it, particularly in the competent effort department.

Okay is there any drawback to using these files? Like do you need a badass PC for the game to run at a reasonable framerate with these shaders/other graphical stuff from E3 2012 and 2013? Because like, WOW. Is Ubisoft literally braindead? 

Not that I can see. It's just as if you were using any old mod.

If you're unsure if it'll run correctly, just use the settings in the options to tone down. But from the looks of things, if your PC can run watchdogs then it should be able to run this 

Unbelievable!

Look at it! Visually that's flipping beautiful! And Ubisoft scrapped it for some unknown reason? What the heeeeell...

The performance actually IMPROVES with the flags on. The only reason I can think that they did this is that they didn't want the PC version to blow the console versions out of the water. Which is still fucking bullshit.

From the game's code.

1402943413586ngopq.jpg

If you change those 0's to 1's.

You get E3 2012 mode! 

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Thumbs Up 5

pmpuKHd.png

When this game goes on an extreme discount, I'll probably get the mod and the game.

• Thumbs Up 5

From the game's code.

1402943413586ngopq.jpg

If you change those 0's to 1's.

You get E3 2012 mode! 

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

lmao oh my god! unbelievable!

This reminds me of when one guy fixed Sonic 4: Episode II's 1080p resolution problems by changing only one line of code, even when the PR manager claimed it couldn't be done (even going as far as to blame the game's budget for the problem)!

I mean there's ineptitude, and then there's.......this.

So, apparently the depth of field with the mod is pretty bad and could make the game harder.

This is gorgeous bullshit!

Ubisoft; holding back the superior version just so they could get better sales on the console one? What the hell is the point of it all; sales are sales!

They probably did it the moment the check from Sony cleared.

Actualy, you can blame Microsoft, a third party game most either have equivalency or an exclusive feature, or else they won't allow it on their consoles, the PC being superior would have refused them Xbox sales 

TotalBiscuit addresses it. People think it was intentional to make the console versions look more appealing.

Most people are concluding it to be harmless sarcasm found in the code. I just thought of sharing it here since many modders are talking of it.

So it's confirmed legit?

EDIT: Bigger version

2568535-capture.png

looks fake to me, I've never seen coding like this.

So it's confirmed legit?

I don't have any specific links, I just know it's in the Neogaf thread somewhere, found deep in the game's config files.

It was also reported on Ubisoft's official forums by other modders. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892110-Some-of-Ubisoft-devs-don-t-care-about-PC?p=10048770&viewfull=1#post10048770

So I'm going to assume it's real until someone officially confirms it's not, because some popular modder could have deconfirmed it by now if it wasn't true.

If I had the right file I could check it myself in notepad, but I don't have the gamenor do I know which file it is so that's a no-go.

Regarding the code snippet, here is the whole file: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116861543&postcount=1170

In context, it's a harmless comment. That part of the shader isn't compiled unless it's being run from a Xbox 360 or PS3 build. The comment is basically saying "this is meant to be PC only but who cares, it won't get called on a non-PC because of the preprocessor check anyway" (which itself is actually nested in another preprocessor statement that prevents it from being called on a PC). Anyway, the point is, it means nothing; that line probably never gets called under any circumstances, or its effect is nullified.

IT would have been fine if they left in at "This is PC only"

I doubt there's ever been "Who cares" as a command line in the history of computers. That shit was just arrogant snark and nothing more.

Sadly PC getting fucked over by devs is hardly anything new. Arkham Origins still needs patchwork, all the Crysis games are unoptimized as shit, the bad Black Ops 2 assembly line incident, Devil May Cry 3 Steam, etc. Devs don't give a shit about PC unless the games are being specifically made for PC.