Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

Even if it's fake, the question as to why the E3 files were left in inactivated still stands.

Like TotalBiscuit said, this isn't a mod, this is just activating already existing files that should have been active in the first place. So why didn't they?

I think it may be between the Sony conspiracy and the piracy issue he brought up. I'm leaning to the second, because Ubisoft's PC releases haven't been the best regardless of deals or what not. 

IT would have been fine if they left in at "This is PC only"

I doubt there's ever been "Who cares" as a command line in the history of computers. That shit was just arrogant snark and nothing more.

Oh, you'd be surprised at the kinds of comments programmers put in their code sometimes. (Example, example)

And in-context, it it harmless. They probably copied the shader and modified it and decided not to remove that (to avoid unnecessary restructuring of the preprocessor definitions), and justified it with "who cares [about code that will never be executed]?".

Oh my god it looks gorgeous

Could the PS4/Xbone seriously not handle this or something?

Probably not. The game doesn't even run at 1080p and is locked to 30fps.

THeUKFg.jpg

According to some posters, this actually isn't identical to the E3 graphics we saw. It's still the closest we will ever get.

Edit: Annnnnnnd it gets better. E3 animations are still in the code.

14238494378_58bd906922_h.jpg

omg ubisoft why u do tis

What this is telling me is they didn't even do more than one build, they just slapped some shitty patchwork on an old build while simutaniously failing to optimize it.

How much effort actually went into this game again?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well they delayed the game for a couple more months. God knows what they were doing at the time, but they were obviously not trying to fix up the PC version. instead, downgrade it so they can get more PS4 sales! Seriously, who does such a thing? I can't believe there are people out there who still defend Ubisoft even when they do this kind of bullshit!

This is why I am glad I got my copy of AC IV Black Flag as a freebie with my GPU last year as this shows how much they do not care about their PC customers.

I can't help but start to feel like I want to play GTA when I'm playing this. There really isn't much separating the two aside from hacking gimmick.

Well they delayed the game for a couple more months. God knows what they were doing at the time, but they were obviously not trying to fix up the PC version. instead, downgrade it so they can get more PS4 sales! Seriously, who does such a thing? I can't believe there are people out there who still defend Ubisoft even when they do this kind of bullshit!

Because there is no evidence that they intentionally downgraded anything for platform parity reasons.

Since when was this confirmed? They did a crappy job with the PC version sure, but now they sabotaged it to get more PS4 sales? 

Since when was this confirmed? They did a crappy job with the PC version sure, but now they sabotaged it to get more PS4 sales? 

It's not been confirmed, it's a conspiracy theory.

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't help but start to feel like I want to play GTA when I'm playing this. There really isn't much separating the two aside from hacking gimmick.

You're in luck, the PC version of GTA V comes out this year. It looks and, if comments on the game are anything to go by, plays better than Watch Dogs.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why else they would downgrade the PC version. Sure it's a conspiracy theory but the Sony sales thing seems the most plausible to me. >.>

I don't know why else they would downgrade the PC version. Sure it's a conspiracy theory but the Sony sales thing seems the most plausible to me. >.>

Maybe testing revealed that the features are unstable or incomplete, and/or not worth the risk that they could cause crashes with certain configurations. Maybe Ubisoft's upcoming PC patch will shed some light on it. They might remove the files in question completely, they might make a statement about them, they might even enable them in the patch. Then we'll have another point for theories to stand on. Until then, it's just speculation that is not and cannot be backed up by anything.

Incoming patch notes: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892700-Watch-Dogs-Patch-(6-18-14)

MAJOR GAME FIXES

• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.

• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.

GAMEPLAY FIXES

• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.

• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.

• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.

MULTIPLAYER FIXES

• Fixed several minor respawn issues.

• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.

PC SPECIFIC FIXES

• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.

• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.

• Implemented several performance improvements.

• Implemented a few control improvements.

• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.

• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.

• Implemented several mouse modifications.

• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.

• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.

• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.

• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.

• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.

• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.

• Added game version in main menu.

Not available right this second, however. PS4 will get it in a few hours, PC in a few days, Xbox 360/One within the next week, PS3 "shortly".

I personally didn't have issues with glitches for this game on PS4 but hey, it's nice that they're being fixed.

Oh my god it looks gorgeous

Could the PS4/Xbone seriously not handle this or something? 

If it was exclusive, probably. I don't see anything that's so insanely impressive that the 8th gen consoles couldn't handle it.

If it was exclusive, probably. I don't see anything that's so insanely impressive that the 8th gen consoles couldn't handle it.

A PS4 can definitely not handle Ultra settings at a playable framerate/decent resolution.

Now could it handle some of these effects? It probably could. I don't see what is so intensive about rain or DoF.

A PS4 can definitely not handle Ultra settings at a playable framerate/decent resolution.

Now could it handle some of these effects? It probably could. I don't see what is so intensive about rain or DoF.

What's this game doing that's pushing boundaries that far? I would imagine it'd run fine if the optimization job wasn't so embarrassingly bad. 

We're speaking in hypotheticals regardless, though.

What's this game doing that's pushing boundaries that far?

Tons of AA, high resolution texture, real time lighting, etc.

I thought we're talking about Watch Dogs on Ultra settings/Mod? I don't think any game on PC at Ultra settings will ever run on a console smoothly. That's why I made the point in that if you just want the general look (E3 Rain, Enhanced Depth of Field options, etc) it can be achieved. It doesn't look demanding at all.

Well, obviously. It's not like they had at least two years to fine tune those settings for gameplay and stability.

Well, obviously. It's not like they had at least two years to fine tune those settings for gameplay and stability.

The thing is though, comrade, with the exception of some minor frame-rate dips and a reduced area of view, the mod has been reported to improve the game's performance over the vanilla version. Just about everyone interested in the mod is aware of this already, so I'm not sure what Ubisoft's trying to prove. If there's any good argument against the mod, this is not the best of them.

EDIT: And looking back a bit, it seems you already know this, making the purpose of this post dubious at best