Awoo.

Watch Dogs - Everything Is Connected - Connection is Power (All Consoles)

Nintendoga

fixed

*snort* They always do this don't they? Ubisoft always tries to give some stupid excuse just so they can hide away from the sad truth. These guys aren't much better than bloody EA.

The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we’ve set out to achieve. We test and optimize our games for each platform on which they’re released, striving for the best possible quality. The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity, stability, performance and overall gameplay quality.

Modders are usually creative and passionate players, and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game’s visual fidelity in certain situations but also can also have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.

Thanks for playing Watch Dogs and believing in our vision. Stay safe on the mean streets of Chicago.

To be fair, they kinda have a point in some cases. The DoF makes it look like Aiden has severe myopia and the excessive bloom is ugly.

Dynamic headlight shadows and such though, I don't see why they would remove that (and no, I will not accept the conspiracy theory).

Ok who put that sunshine song in the credits after you _____ maurice.

(Will add spoiler tag when I get on my laptop later)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Wasn't it in Ubisoft's own words that they wouldn't make a new IP if they didn't intend to exploit and milk the everyloving shit out of it? If anything, the only surprise is that it took this long for a sequel to become apparent.

Maybe it'll do better this time if they don't rely on fucking bullshots.

Hopefully we'll get an Assassins Creed 2 situation where the sequel is far superior than the original game.

Also can we please get a better protagonist who doesn't sound like Bale!Batman, isn't an asshole and doesn't look like generic white guy #25?

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully we'll get an Assassins Creed 2 situation where the sequel is far superior than the original game.

Also can we please get a better protagonist who doesn't sound like Bale!Batman, isn't an asshole and doesn't look like generic white guy #25?

Honestly, unless it is an AssCreed 2 scenario where the second game is a vast improvement, I will probably ignore this completely. The first one just felt so bland and boring to me and as soon as GTA V arrived on PS4 that was it. I haven't touched the game since October and I don't intend to in the future. It's not a bad game but there are much better one world titles that you can spend your money on.

Even if Watch Dogs 2 is an improvement, I'm not sure I want to buy another Ubisoft title until they get their act together.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Stumbled across this thread. Surprised no one here posted about this but, the backlash against the game's graphical downgrade prompted them to change their policies for pre-release materials for games. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/06/watch-dogs-graphics-backlash-prompted-ubisoft-policy-review

Yeah, I saw that awhile ago. The fact that something like that wasn't already in place is pretty scummy, but hopefully they'll adhere to such policies going forward.