Awoo.

[Wii U] The Wonderful 101

Senator NinjaShark

Cool stuff. Is that what the special announcement was, or is that something else?

I stopped watchignt hat trailer at the end fo the direct. It was just loaded with story details, and went on for ages too. Way too much there.

Cannot wait! Didn't bother watching the nintendo direct but this could be something to experiment with.

Shoulda watched the Direct, dude. It was...

...Wonderful.

I am now sold on this game. I was really skeptical about it at first. It looked like a mess with all of those characters on the screen, like some kind of Pikmin game sped up several times over. Man, that is such a disservice to this game.

The visuals are Wonderful.

The gameplay is Wonderful.

The story is Wonderful.

This game is Wonderful.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

That trailer was pretty damn cool but quite honestly they'll never sell me without a demo. I can't imagine why NoA would pass up releasing one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy fuck.

I wasn't especially hyped about this game, but damn, this has changed my mind. Day 1? Likely.

That is probably the best trailer I've ever seen in my life so far. HOLY CRAP! Can't wait for this demo, 5 minutes left :D

• Thumbs Up 1

That trailer was so hot, I was pretty interested in the game, but that trailer personally made it into a must-have, it looks so crazy radical. 

Gamespot playing through a new level. It's not the full level so don't worry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtmqNaeI84M

Its Ironic that the kids name is luka and he ends up just tagging along with the main characters just like another guy we know. But seriously though, that trailer was epic and I would buy this game right away...if I had a wii u :(

I'm completely loving the demo.

The controls take quite a while to "click" unlike Platinum's other games but after that it's smooth and steady sailing. Playing this game is like riding a bike in a sense.

Initially just not liking how confusing everything is but then turning to loving the intricacies such as using multi-unite powers, countering enemy attacks, using dodge offsets to combo and figuring out the "trick" to combat with using team attacks before moving in to the unite ones is where it really shines.

I'm loving it. There's endless potential in here. Definitely a GOTY candidate so far for me.

This game is GREAT! The controls and combat definitely take some getting used to but replay the demo about 3 times and you'll get the hang of it. The combat is so OTT but it can get a bit much, especially when you deploy multi-morph powers. The action just flows so well, it's just wow. August 23rd can't come soon enough.

Wow what a demo! Like others have said it does take a little bit to grasp the controls but once you do, this is pure awesomeness. There seems to be much more than meets the eye when you first start it. There's a rewarding combat system hidden in here which I can't wait to see improve in the final game. Very glad I got this on preorder.

Only nitpick so far is sometimes the camera can be VERY close down on the characters not letting you see a lot of the level. Thankfully this is only in a few sections.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

cant wait to try the demo myself, hope it comes out at a decent time today

I've played the demo. It's really good, but I'm not sure it's for me. Quite funny how it's so much like Bayonetta while being a totally different kind of action game.