Awoo.

[Wii U] The Wonderful 101

Senator NinjaShark

It's funny. One minute, I don't really have much interest whatsoever in this game, and seven minutes later, I think it's shaping up to be one hell of a ride! Fun and diverse looking game mechanics, memorable characters, over the top enviroments and enemies.

From the artstyle alone, I felt like it was a spiritual successor to Viewtiful Joe. Now that I've seen more of it, I'm getting even more Viewtiful Joe vibes from this game, with a bit of Bayonetta thrown in for good measure.

The only thing keeping me from buying this game (Or getting the demo) Is the lack of a Wii U. =(

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

You guys, another reason to preorder, it has 5 person MULTIPLAYER. Coop and competitive. its on the eshop page!  that explains the full gamepad controls, which implies you can play multi with the pro controllor

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

You guys, another reason to preorder, it has 5 person MULTIPLAYER. Coop and competitive. its on the eshop page!  that explains the full gamepad controls, which implies you can play multi with the pro controllor

I'm pretty sure the Pro Controller is the only way to play. Unite Morphs with the right stick.

Multiplayer was confirmed a while back, wasn't it? I could've sworn  saw some footage.

Well, is the multiplayer online? As always, that's what matters most to me.

So, I've played the demo a couple times now, and all I can say is...

PLATINUM GAMES. FUCKING. DOES IT AGAIN!!!

This game is a ton of fun. A little hard to get used to at first, and it's easy to make stupid mistakes, but once you hit those moments went you get a groove goin', DAMMIT it feels so gooooooood! The games is very fluid and...just...

ARGH I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

Well just tried the demo and I have to admit, It won me over. The game is like Pikmin, Viewtiful Joe, and Bayonetta all combined. I love it. This game just went from a possible Christmas gift to Day 1 buy lol.

I kinda feel like performing Unite Morphs with the Wii U touchscreen is a bit useless during battle since it's so hectic, but I'm pretty sure that it will be helpful when drawing elaborate shapes like the squiggly line for the Whip, a Z for the Claw or a Triangle for Unite Glide.

You know, I already love my Wii U and all... but this game man.  It makes me appreciate it so much more.

Video gaming at its finest.

I kinda feel like performing Unite Morphs with the Wii U touchscreen is a bit useless during battle since it's so hectic, but I'm pretty sure that it will be helpful when drawing elaborate shapes like the squiggly line for the Whip, a Z for the Claw or a Triangle for Unite Glide.

I honestly can't do the morphs with the control stick.  Drawing the shapes with the touchscreen is so much quicker and more efficient for me.

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was interested in the game but this new trailer has fully sold me. I WANT THIS FUCKING GAME. The only thing that's stopping me is a lack of a Wii-U..................hopefully I can fix that by the release date. 

Bravo, Nintendo. You managed to sell your Wii-U a bit earlier then October for Sonic Lost World.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I wasn't really paying attention to this game, but that trailer was pretty intense. I think this game's going on my list for when I get a Wii U.

I wasn't really paying attention to this game, but that trailer was pretty intense. I think this game's going on my list for when I get a Wii U.

And there you go guys.

When DIOGNES likes it, you know it's good. This is like the ultimate buyer security! 

No offence Diognes, I'm just joking around with you

• Thumbs Up 2

This game...this game

Even from the demo, the incredible amount of stuff the game throws at you.  It's rather overwhelming at first, and a little awkward to get into but once you do my god is it absolutely AMAZING.  I enjoyed the demo much much more the second time round I played it, because I managed to get my head around certain mechanics of the game a little better.  I still feel as though I've scratched the surface and that the full game will have so much to offer in terms of variety and content.

Not to mention it's just so stylish!  I feel like a commanding super hero as I'm playing.  It's truly a incredible and unique action experience.  Platinum has done it again.   

• Thumbs Up 2

I was interested in the game but this new trailer has fully sold me. I WANT THIS FUCKING GAME. The only thing that's stopping me is a lack of a Wii-U..................hopefully I can fix that by the release date. 

Bravo, Nintendo. You managed to sell your Wii-U a bit earlier then October for Sonic Lost World.

Buy it at Target

$350 - 5% off + $50 gift card = Wii U + W101.

So, after watching the direct (finally) man it seems like this game is going to platinums top performance (along with Bayo 2 of course but not until later). Kinda sucks the release date got pushed back to september 15th though, I hope this doesn't continue as a chain of delays since I think it was pushed back to august 23rd the 1st time, not that im complaining of course since I don't even have a wii u yet.

I'm still very intrigued now, the trailer looks awesome and like one of those games where the end isn't the end (Okami I'm looking at you!)

Would LOVE to play the demo but first I need my Wii U and then a decent Internet connection :(

Wrong thread.

I played the demo yesterday. Normal mode is the way to go.

Edited by PSI Tornado

7 minute trailer greatly intrigued me as well after not following this game like... well, at all.

I'll probably just borrow it first though.  With post-launch game droughts one always wants to buy any game that uses the new console features in a nice way because there isn't any other choice.  Like I bought Red Steel on Wii coz omg FPS with motion-controls, when that game was awfully mediocre, woulda been better off waiting for Metroid Prime 3.

Even though this looks like it's MUCH better than Red Steel, it still isn't really my genre of choice, so I certainly want to try before I buy.

EDIT: Oh wait there's a demo durr.

Edited by JezMM

Even though this looks like it's MUCH better than Red Steel 3, it still isn't really my genre of choice, so I certainly want to try before I buy.

EDIT: Oh wait there's a demo durr.

There was a Red Steel 3? o.O

Okay played the demo and... not that impressed really?  It sure is pretty but is REALLY unclear what the fuck is going on as a result.  I lost track of my character every 10 seconds when fighting, well, anything.

Still a definite borrow/rent rather than purchase for me.

There was a Red Steel 3? o.O

Total typo on my part, don't even know where that came from lol.  I was referring to the first game there.

Okay played the demo and... not that impressed really?  It sure is pretty but is REALLY unclear what the fuck is going on as a result.  I lost track of my character every 10 seconds when fighting, well, anything.

No offence but...how?  If in doubt, press A and follow the giant hand/sword/gun.  If it were keeping track of the enemies I'd agree.  It's easy to miss one or two of the tiny enemies when you've killed most of them.  But the main character is probably the easiest thing to keep track of.

It was pretty hard to keep track of the characters first time around, so I just messed around in the first area for a bit before getting used to everything.

Fun game, liked the demo so If I remember in the future I'll probably buy it.