Awoo.

[Wii U] The Wonderful 101

Senator NinjaShark

Oh no.. it seems like the game is about to be trashed due to it being "too hard" just like Ducktales.

Is it really that hard to pick an easier difficulty setting?

Edited by Autosaver

Oh no.. it seems like the game is about to be trashed due to it being "too hard" just like Ducktales.

Is it really that hard to pick an easier difficulty setting?

Actually, it's doing well from other sites. It's getting quite a lot of 8s and some 9s too, even a 10. Here are some more review scores.

Eurogamer: 8/10

DigitalSpy: 4/5

GameSpot: 8/10

Videogamer: 8/10

TheGameShelter: 5/5

NintendoLife: 9/10

Gamesradar: 3/5

HobbyConsolas: 92%

IGN Italy: 9.5/10

The average right now is 8.4/10.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why does everyone think "too hard" was the only reason Ducktales got the few negative reviews it got?

And why does a few negative reviews count as "trashed"?

I suppose that the very high learning curve would be a reason to mark down the game in overall scores (difficulty however is fucking not), but there's an incredible game under said learning curve so it's cool I guess. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Those review scores are quite good actually. Not sure about IGN but the rest are fine, and I'm still getting the game no matter what! >=D

More of Suda 51. Platinum seem more favoriteable than Suda.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

Platinum Games' releases are usually known for just not selling well as opposed to doing well critically. I think Bayonetta is the one game that broke one million sales for them (barring Revengeance which I'm sure did pretty well for itself).

So the game is about 12+ hours in length. Nice.

That's actually a pretty good length considering the fact that kamiya himself said the game was gonna be really short but in all actuality it will be pretty long by action game standards.

Why does everyone think "too hard" was the only reason Ducktales got the few negative reviews it got?

And why does a few negative reviews count as "trashed"?

1) Nobody is saying that. It's ONE of the reasons why it got negative reviews. Go to literally any review and you will see a complaint about the difficulty. Hell, step into the SSMB thread and other users will point it out.

2) Trash just means lower scores. It doesn't mean as in literally getting 1/10's. Thankfully, it's not the case as seen in other reviews.

Quote from the ONM website (their 'verdict').  Note this is not a review, the actual review is coming a little later (in their next issue of ONM on August 28th)

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/53516/the-wonderful-101-our-verdict/

"Even Platinum fans will be surprised by this. Played with patience and a willingness to learn, this isn't just the most surprising game on Wii U - it's the best."

Looking on Neogaf, I guess some Platinum fanboys can't accept that their games can be less than perfection. 

Looking on Neogaf, I guess some Platinum fanboys can't accept that their games can be less than perfection. 

This is the last forum on Earth that has the right to criticize that. Xp

• Thumbs Up 7

This is the last forum on Earth that has the right to criticize that. Xp

Actually we pick apart Sonic games all the time, unless I took your meaning wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually we pick apart Sonic games all the time, unless I took your meaning wrong.

Haha, there have been countless examples over the years of "This reviewer is off his rocker" not only with Sonic games but with other games mentioned in the forum. The dissection of the games usually takes place much after the launch hype wears off.

Thankfully this one will be perfect too so there's nothing to worry about.

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

• Thumbs Up 3

SHlAtCk.png

Kamiya on reviews.

...I like this guy. I've been saying this for years, hell I said this in the comments section on IGN's TW101 review.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Wonderful 101 originally had a cast of all-star Nintendo characters and "famous extras" instead of the original heroes we see in the game now.

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/gamescom-2013/wonderful-101-originally-had-cast-of-all-star-nintendo-characters-6413388/

So imagine Mario as Wonder Red, Luigi or Link as Wonder Green and Peach as Wonder Pink...basically. Famous extras? Sonic as Wonder Blue anybody? Wonder Blue is voiced by Roger Craig Smith so technically he is Sonic :P

Part of me is glad that this is an original title and another part REALLY wishes they went through with that idea because it sounds amazing. 

• Thumbs Up 5

I think Smash Bros is enough for crossovers, but it still would have been very cool to see that.