Awoo.

Game & Wario (Working Title) (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Nintendo forgot to mention this title at their press conference.

Game-and-Wario-Small.jpg

Screenshots here! http://www.vooks.net/e3-2012-first-look-at-game-wario/

Wario and his Diamond City friends are back in action. Game & Wario (working title) features a collection of games that use only the Wii U GamePad controller. The games retain the original flair and character of the micro-games from the WarioWare series.

FEATURES:

To earn medals and various bonus items, players are encouraged to play a variety of games.

• Arrow – This single-player game transforms the GamePad into a hi-tech bow (shaped like Wario’s mustache, of course) and arrow designed to defeat swarming enemies. Players hold the GamePad vertically with one hand to aim at enemies on the TV screen, while using their other hand to pull the arrow on the GamePad’s touch screen.

• Ski – In this single-player game, competitors must lead the skier to the finish line by holding the GamePad vertically and tilting it left or right. The TV monitor will show the skier’s flashy moves to entertain the audience.

• Shutter – In this single-player game, the player must use the GamePad like a telephoto camera lens to take photos of criminals hidden in the town before the time runs out.

• Fruit – In this game for two to five players, the main player uses the GamePad to anonymously control one of many characters on the TV screen to quietly steal some fruit scattered all over the town. Once the thief completes the mission, the player passes the GamePad to the other players, who then must try to finger the suspect.

Well it looks meh to me, but I'm sure there are some WarioWare fans out there. Only played the first one though (which is pretty fun)

WELP IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THEY'RE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE BETTER GRAPHICS

Game & Watch + WarioWare = Game & Wario. Rather clever Nintendo. tongue.png

Anyways though, although I do like the name, I've never really bothered to try any of the games...

Edited by WlCl

Not sure whether serious or joking (inclined to believe the latter), but Wario Ware with good graphics would be JUST WRONG.

Either way, I hope this is a bit more robust and gives single players something to go back to as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo forgot to mention this title at their press conference.

Nintendo forgot to mention everything at their press conference. They obviously wanted to introduce everyone to their own virtual Disney World/Land.

Don't worry everyone! Wario has heard all of the complaining pleas from across E3 and decided to step in! Hooray for Wario!~

8.jpg

Kidding aside I'm looking forward to this game at least, since the previous WarioWare (I know this one technically isn't one right now but it's close enough) have all been pretty enjoyable, and nice ways to showcase features and playstyles of a new system (suck as Touched and Smooth Moves for the DS and Wii). Plus considering how long it's been since a proper WarioWare title (last one being DIY...), they'll have hopefully built up a respectable number of mini/micro-games to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't worry everyone! Wario has heard all of the complaining pleas from across E3 and decided to step in! Hooray for Wario!~

8.jpg

This would have made a perfect avatar for this year's E3. Quick, someone sneak this into a gif!

Aside from that I was hoping that a Wario game would be shoved in with the rest of the riff-raff this year, just not in WarioWare form.

However I vaguely remember a gaming magazine calling the WarioWare series "like a good housewarming gift for a new console" so this release timing might actually work out for Game & Wario.

Needless to say, I have never really gotten into the whole WarioWare aspect despite being a Wario junkie myself, but I don't think I will pass this up.

Edit: This game is not exactly in the same vein as WarioWare, where you are fired at with short machine-gun blasts of 'push the button' or 'do this' as fast as you can until the timer runs out - no, this is more like a minigame compilation that takes time because Wario and his buddies are actually now making short games. So, think of this game as a new vantage point on the WarioWare franchise. Now I really want to see what they are going to do with this...

http://www.ign.com/v...row-cam-e3-2012

http://www.ign.com/v...ki-cam-e3-2012

http://www.ign.com/v...ter-cam-e3-2012

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/05/game-wario-fruit-cam-e3-2012

Edited by Kintobor

• 11 months later...

I was having a shit day until I saw the CrowdFarter video.

Charles Martinet, you are an absolute joy.  Thank you for making my day, Nintendo. <3

Much though I hold disdain for Wario's descent to the status of a vehicle for minigames and fart jokes, I just can't stay mad at a promotional campaign in which he demands that I personally give him my money.

That was hilarious! I only played WarioWare on the GCN but I always enjoyed those minigames for their random silly nature. If Game & Wario is anything like that, I'll gladly spend my money on it. 8D