Awoo.

The Future of Gangster Rap.

leave_nothing

I'm a little late to the bandwagon but Krispy Kreme is the dopest thing since ATCQ or Nas.

[media=]

Is this real? It's not very funny, if that was the goal.

edit: the watermelon one is so fucking true, and funny.

Edited by Mono

Tfw Nas hasn't made a stylistic impact on rap in fifteen years... I see that's why he's doing work w/ Nick Cannon now.

Rap is really a load of bullcrap nowadays, and this is coming from a black person mind you. A lot of the rappers of today just rap about the same damn things, doing drugs, getting money, fucking girls and all that jazz. And sadly these types of rappers seem to be the most popular, especially morons like Gucci Mane and Wocka Flocka Flame, and these two couldn't rap even if their lives depended on it! And don't even get me started on Soulja Boy -_-

However I'd be lying if I said I hated all rappers. I am a huge fan of TI (heck some of my family is close to his family), Eminem, Lil Wayne, and Drake. TI and Eminem especially because unlike most rappers who rap about all the things I mentioned in the previous paragraph 24/7, these guys rap about life. Their songs cover topics such as losing a loved one ("Dead and Gone"), domestic violence ("Love the Way You Lie"), and being brave and facing hard times head on ("Not Afraid"). And while they are two extremely popular rappers a lot of the people I know say they're lame and that they'd much rather listen to Gucci and Flocka. What. The. Fuck?!

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 2

My take on rap is basically the same as my high school music teacher:

"Rap is not music. Music has thought put into it, has melody, has impact. Rap is just talking while occasionally changing tones with some crappy synth in the backgound. It insults me, as a music director, that people even consider this music."

Call it generalization, which it mostly is, but honestly, thats the same impression modern rap has left me with.

Granted, I don't really like old school rap for the same reasons, but there are a few I can't help but like.

• Thumbs Up 2

My take on rap is basically the same as my high school music teacher:

"Rap is not music. Music has thought put into it, has melody, has impact. Rap is just talking while occasionally changing tones with some crappy synth in the backgound. It insults me, as a music director, that people even consider this music."

Call it generalization, which it mostly is, but honestly, thats the same impression modern rap has left me with.

Granted, I don't really like old school rap for the same reasons, but there are a few I can't help but like.

Sounds to me that your high school music teacher doesn't know what the hell he was talking about..

Sounds to me that your high school music teacher doesn't know what the hell he was talking about..

He doesn't most of the time. But he's very passionate about music, and will make outrageous statements sometimes.

Plus this isn't an exact quote, I forgot what he actually said. I do know he had a reason for not considering rap as music, but it was something like this.

I'm a little late to the bandwagon but Krispy Kreme is the dopest thing since ATCQ or Nas.

[media=]

Nigga get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Edit: And for the threads sake, rap music is at an all time low. I hate music by Lil Wayne, Drake hell all of Cash Money because its stupid shit. Old Wayne was better than new Wayne and I don't care what anyone says about that. Drake comes off as a pretty boy wannabe thug, come on Aubrey, we all saw you in that damn wheelchair on Degrassi.

Also, ATCQ and Nas are not gangsa rappers...

Edited by Silencer Tsundere
  • Thumbs Up 2