Awoo.

Big the Cat is officially retired

jeremycarrier

Where is this "confirmation"? Context may be key here. Although he's only been playable twice, this is kind of important.

Welcome to the Scrapped Characters Club, Big. And enjoy your stay!

Seriously though, ill miss you, you lovable dofus you.

Edited by The Groosenator
  • Thumbs Up 7

Lol he won't be in future games, but you can always reminisce about the fun times fishing in Sonic Adventure and joining the girl group in Sonic Heroes. Lol Big the cat is a fucking awful character and I'm surprised they didn't kill him off. Retirement is lame because people can always come back out from retirement. sigh..

Even though I found Big a meh character since the start. This is kinda disappointing considering how BIG he is in the fanbase. You shall be missed.*secretly relieved*

Edited by Sora
  • Thumbs Up 4

...meh

Fishing was never my thing anyways. Now he really will have Lazy Days

• Thumbs Up 2

Big the Cat shall never die. He shall live on as the greatest Sonic character in the franchise, and the main reason for Sonic Adventure's replayability.

Thank sweet jesus that asstard is finally gone.

They haven't done anything useful with him in the series, he had the worst gameplay in Adventure and make small cameos in SA2, and his personality was that of a dimm-witted, cheerful fellow who played with his pet Frog. Not really surprised they got rid of him since they haven't done anything at all with him for the past couple of games.

• Thumbs Up 1

And nothing of significant value was lost.

Seriously, his gameplay was one of the terrible aspects in Sonic Adventure and didn't do much in the series anyway and his personality doesn't go beyond that of a dimwitted cat with a pet frog with an annoying voice. Though the underlining question is who will be next? *Glances over to Cream the Rabbit

Edited by AdventChild
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm trying to give a crap, but I honestly can't.

I never liked big. His voice was obnoxious, his character traits were unbelievably boring, his gameplay in SA1 offended me so much that I cringe just looking at the asshole.

And he doesn't even resemble a cat if you ask me, he looks more like a fat lemur.

.....So....what happened because I'm sitting through two hours of footage.

Why do I get the feeling that the first thing certain groups are going to scream after seeing this are "GOOD JOB SEGA! NOW GET RID OF EVERY OTHER CHARACTER EXCEPT SONIC AND EGGMAN SO WE, "THE TRUE SONIC FANS", WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER MORE!

If they did that I'll officially give up on this series.

Okay, maybe not really but I'll start to lose a huge amount of interest in it if Sega choose to go that far to please those assholes who calls themselves 'True Sonic Fans' only for those people to find something else to complain about.

Also, I don't mind Big the Cat. :\ I sometimes don't understand all the hate he gets since he barely rarely ever appears in the games. It's annoying to see people still hating on him like he's part of the main cast of playable characters. His last playable appearance in a mainstream Sonic game is...Sonic Heroes, I think? That was only 8 years ago. After that he only appears as a small cameo and in a few spinoff titles. I just hope that this doesn't mean that they're going to start geting rid of other characters.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 5

Maybe this is why he wasn't in Generations or whatever.

Wait....going by that logic, I hope they don't ditch Omega, I actually like him

And nothing of significant value was lost.

Seriously, his gameplay was one of the terrible aspects in Sonic Adventure and didn't do much in the series anyway and his personality doesn't go beyond that of a dimwitted cat with a pet frog with an annoying voice. Though the underlining question is who will be next? *Glances over to Cream the Rabbit

I doubt Cream will. Considering she was in Generations, I assume anyone in that game will be in the safe zone for now.

I was actually thinking of omega.....Perhaps. i mean, he isn't that hated, he just hasn't been used. he has potential, unlike big.

Edited by Sora

Yeah, it's around the 2h, 1 min mark, sorry 'bout that guys. In all my grief over Big's death I forgot to give out the details

Eh. It's not like he's had the biggest role in any of the games recently and he's still in the comics, so I can always get my Big fix if I need it. I don't really see this as much of an issue. Plus, I doubt that he'll stop cameoing entirely, seeing as how he did in Generations (Through a statue and model) and MaSatLOG. I can see him making an appearance or two in smaller games.

Edited by chaoscontrol14

Ken said stuff that he says he got from Iizuka. Everyone is now taking it as fact.

I liked Big for the fact that he was one of the rare characters like Storm that Sega actually didn't base off of Sonic's body type.

Also, this sorta sucks for Kyle Hebert. He only recently got the role for Big and barely got to do anything with him as far as voice acting is concerned.

So why did they bother hiring him if this was going to happen?

• Thumbs Up 2