Awoo.

Big the Cat is officially retired

jeremycarrier

Just a heads up here, Superking. While theres no real rule against necro-bumping, theres usually a common sense thing here where if the topic hasn't been posted in a while its a good idea to just leave it alone unless theres a real good reason to bump it like a news update or something.

This topic has been argued out anyways all its waiting for now is either an official confirmation to this rumor or a full denial.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eggman, Eggman Nega (and Omega & Storm if you want to count them) all say hi.

All of whom are evil.

All of whom are evil.

Last time I checked Omega defected from the Eggman Empire (not to mention he's hellbent on killing Eggman) and though Storm is a theif he isn't evil. The worst he and the rest of the Babylon Rogues got was the level of jerkass, but they aren't evil in the slightest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eggman, Eggman Nega (and Omega & Storm if you want to count them) all say hi.
Omega is basically the opposite of obese (in so much as that's even a thing for robots); he's big, yes, but in the way a bodybuilder is big.

Omega is basically the opposite of obese (in so much as that's even a thing for robots); he's big, yes, but in the way a bodybuilder is big.

Muscular big instead of fat big!

I don't believe he is actually gone. Hell come back. Silver came back.

Pothead the Porcupine never really left, sadly...

But I fear Rouge and Omega will leave in favor of Emo the Nonentity (I favor that over Pothead the Porcupine).

But I fear Rouge and Omega will leave in favor of Emo the Nonentity (I favor that over Pothead the Porcupine).

It goes without saying that Omega is gone. It wasn't a very interesting character and it seems out of place with the series' current direction. Rouge is a major player more or less and she ain't going anywhere...

Silver must be next. Since he was an unlikable creators pet in 06 he's just kind of... there now.

Big was a dumb and pointless character anyway. Why did Sega make him again?

To try and make Sonic Adventure longer. But it would've been just fine with just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Gamma. Big barely contributes anything to the overall story whatsoever and if you take him out of it the storyline would've been barely affected at all. He was basically just filler.

Alas, poor Big, you fat adorable retard, we hardly knew ye, you will be missed (by me).

"FWWWWOOOOGGGGGYYYYY!"

- Big the Cat, 1999-2012

• Thumbs Up 2

To try and make Sonic Adventure longer. But it would've been just fine with just Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Gamma. Big barely contributes anything to the overall story whatsoever and if you take him out of it the storyline would've been barely affected at all. He was basically just filler.

The only thing that really anchored Big's story into SA1's plot was Froggy devouring a Chaos Emerald. But even then, that could have been rewritten in someone eles's story.

But yeah, I could care less about Big too.

I get the feeling that Big was supposed to represent the everyman point of view. In SA he really seems to have no idea what he's gotten himself into. He doesn't know why the egg shaped scientist wants Froggy.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing that really anchored Big's story into SA1's plot was Froggy devouring a Chaos Emerald. But even then, that could have been rewritten in someone eles's story.

But yeah, I could care less about Big too.

And Chaos' tail.

• 2 weeks later...

It just doesn't make since to take big out. He's part of team rose. Like if they took knuckles out. Pretty much the only friend sonic would have is tails.

And I believe the only game big seemed restarted and dumb, and mostly pointless. Was SA1. And why take him out now. He's been in multiple games.

SA2:battle (cameo)

Sonic heroes

Sonic chronicles

SA1

He's in the comics.

They even have a toy figure of him. From 3 DIFFRENT toy companies. A lot of people don't like big. Because he's fat,slow, slow in head, but I could've sworn in S&SASR he said something that maid exact since. I mean talking in a complete sentence. But a lot of people like big. And if your true real sonic fan. You'll agree with me.

Why would SEGA get rid of the single greatest character in existance? I mean, Big contributed so much to the story and gameplay of the Sonic universe. His adventure for his lost lover Froggy is inspirational and really tugs on my heart strings.

On a less sarcastic note, why was Big even created in the first place? Did Sonic Team just feel sorry for all fat people playing? Or did they figure they didn't have enough stupid obese people? It just seems like an odd design choce to put such a slow character in a fast paced game. About time they abondoned him.

I could care less about Big, I'm wondering what happened to Omega and Marine. Seriously, Sega can still use them, They just don't! We could always use Sonic Rush 3!

Lol he won't be in future games, but you can always reminisce about the fun times fishing in Sonic Adventure and joining the girl group in Sonic Heroes. Lol Big the cat is a fucking awful character and I'm surprised they didn't kill him off. Retirement is lame because people can always come back out from retirement. sigh..

As far as this franchise has gone, death isn't all that much of a barrier either.

I'm thinking that Omega is a prime target now. He's currently going unused, doesn't seem particularly popular, and even in Sonic Free Riders where Team Dark essentially re-formed, he didn't make an appearance.

Sonic died - came back 20 minutes later

Shadow died - came back next game

Blaze died - the whole horrid mess never happened

Gamma died - ...WHY GAMMA WHY? (Chaos Gamma doesn't count :P)

We can't kill Big, Sonic characters are immortal apparently. And more importantly, THE GUY CAN CATCH BULLETS!!!

Sonic died - came back 20 minutes later

Shadow died - came back next game

Blaze died - the whole horrid mess never happened

Gamma died - ...WHY GAMMA WHY? (Chaos Gamma doesn't count tongue.png)

We can't kill Big, Sonic characters are immortal apparently. And more importantly, THE GUY CAN CATCH BULLETS!!!

What about Emrel, Tikal, and Erazor? They died for good and pretty painfully at that. Tikal= Trapped in the emerald and dies of unknown causes (maybe dehydration)Emrel= Beaten to deathErazor= Baked alive in lava

What about Emrel, Tikal, and Erazor? They died for good and pretty painfully at that. Tikal= Trapped in the emerald and dies of unknown causes (maybe dehydration)Emrel= Beaten to deathErazor= Baked alive in lava

Tikal's not dead, she's just... somewhere with her redeemed best buddy Chaos. (G)emerl lives with Cream and Vanilla doesn't it? And isn't Erazor Djinn supposed to be immortal? But then again, Black Doom died, but who gives a crap about that... thing?

Ahem, but this is beside the point, Big the Cat is one of the most hated Sonic characters (but WHY?!?) so he's never appearing again. Simple. We don't need some stupid explanation for it, he's just chillin' on Angel Island with Froggy, that's explanation enough.

Edited by KnuxterKLJ

i liked big, not as playable (though id have to admit i DID play as him for countless hours on SA1 for replayability), but i feel that he fit the 'inside joke cameo' role nicely and Ill miss that, one of my favourite things in SA2 spotting him everywhere XD

Tikal isn't dead, she is just inside the Master Emerald or something, its just that we don't need her anymore if Chaos isn't around.

Emerl is pretty much dead, an one time character for a spin-off game.

If I'm not mistaken Sonic wished for Erazor to be trapped inside the lamp, not sure if he is dead or not but it will never return so who cares.