Awoo.

Big the Cat is officially retired

jeremycarrier

So...who is this guy, and why should I believe him?

I can't make any sense in this topic, I just don't know if some are being sarcastic or not. It's kinda annoying...

Ken Barlogh, Sonic 4's PR guy. And you really shouldn't since he is a constant liar.

And some people here are just being idiots, Intentional or not I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ken Barlogh, Sonic 4's PR guy. And you really shouldn't since he is a constant liar.

And some people here are just being idiots, Intentional or not I don't know.

Ken BALOUGH, brand manager for Sonic 4 Episode 2. Also, I think you're being incredibly harsh on the guy. Does he dodge certain questions and give incomplete answers? Of course, but that comes with the territory.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thing is, no one wants Knuckles shafted, whereas tons want Big shafted.

No chance.

Big had already been getting shafted for years anyway, so I don't see why the haters in this topic are actually happy either. It's essentially celebrating nothing changing about the franchise, which is silly.

• Thumbs Up 6

Whether it's true or not, it doesn't really affect me much at all, if I'll be honest.

*shrugs*

Ken BALOUGH, brand manager for Sonic 4 Episode 2. Also, I think you're being incredibly harsh on the guy. Does he dodge certain questions and give incomplete answers? Of course, but that comes with the territory.

PR dodging is one thing I can understand him trying to cling people on Sonic 4 for their answers. But the guy just absolutly bullshits on other things as well. I can't trust what he says anymore because of his bullshitting including this whole fiasco hes started about Big. Now were all jumping to conclusions when we even haven't got at least an official twitter response from somebody over at SoJ stating that he was right or if it was a bad choice of words.

Just annoys me how much faith you all still have in him, hes a cool PR guy he does his job well but I just don't trust anything he says anymore.

PR dodging is one thing I can understand him trying to cling people on Sonic 4 for their answers. But the guy just absolutly bullshits on other things as well. I can't trust what he says anymore because of his bullshitting including this whole fiasco hes started about Big. Now were all jumping to conclusions when we even haven't got at least an official twitter response from somebody over at SoJ stating that he was right or if it was a bad choice of words.

Just annoys me how much faith you all still have in him, hes a cool PR guy he does his job well but I just don't trust anything he says anymore.

Bullshits on what other things?

All I recall, is him lying about certain things regarding Sonic 4. In all honesty, you can't blame him else he'd lose his livelihood.

And honestly, what isn't there to trust with this thing.

The last game Big was in was ASR and he was still received negatively. Big is just not relevant anymore and Balough would be right in saying the character has been put into retirement. Its a fairly valid assumption to make.

Edited by Scar

Big is responsible for the first main Sonic game I've played that I wasn't able to beat in any way, shape or form. I don't hate him personally. I just hate his purpose in Sonic Adventure. At least he was much more useful in Sonic Heroes. Since then I personally never experienced him in a Sonic game again (ASR no counted), so whether or not any kind of announcement is made as to his future, I never expect him to play a pivotal role in the games anyway. This news is basically "tell me something I care about because we already knew it". If its bullshit in the end, makes no difference to what we knew before the news broke.

It's this anti-cat/frog relationship propaganda, I'm telling you. Sonic Team just isn't progressive.

I'll miss Big. He's fishing for giant robot fish in Scrapped Character Heaven now. o7

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry for the Big's fanbase. I never liked him anyway, neither his design, his voice and especially his fishing gameplay. But I really liked his cameos in Sonic Adventure 2! Sorry about him :(

But hey, he IS at Sonic's birthday party now :,)

sonicgenpartytimecopy.jpg

Take care Big.

• Thumbs Up 4

Bullshits on what other things? All I recall, is him lying about certain things regarding Sonic 4. In all honesty, you can't blame him else he'd lose his livelihood.

And honestly, what isn't there to trust with this thing.

The last game Big was in was ASR and he was still received negatively. Big is just not relevant anymore and Balough would be right in saying the character has been put into retirement. Its a fairly valid assumption to make.

Well the 2 most recent things that come to mind is the whole issue on Jackfuste's Resolution patch and his comment on not having tails solo in Episode 2. theres been other cases as well ("We have a brand new physics engine").

That makes you sound like ASR was recieved badly because Big was in it. There was more issues with ASR then just Big but it couldn't have been that bad because now we got Transformed. And I would just find it haliarious that Big was announced for ASRT within the span of a week from now just to yank everyones chains.

This topic depresses me far more than the idea of Big never being used again.

M-maybe I should try liking more popular characters from now on...

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing you positive towards something Sonic is weird.

This post is even weirder and quite ironic since we're all on a sonic board. :P

Not being snarky or anything just to let you know.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Like many others here, I can't honestly say I care about this too much. I was never really a fan of Big. I hated playing as him in Sonic Adventure, and I always found his voice to be really annoying. Sonic Adventure aside though, he never really served much of a purpose so this makes sense.

I'll say this though, I did like his theme song in Sonic Adventure.

Edited by mikeblastdude

A bit late to the party, but I will genuinely miss him. His appearance in Adventure, Heroes and even Sonic X made me laugh simply because he's, well, simple. 18-years old and acts like he's 5, bless.

Nooooo! Froggy was the best Sonic character!

Who said anything about Froggy going anywhere? It's been said that Big's retiring. Indeed, I welcome our new amphibious overlord to join the ranks of the mainstays.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I find him to be the most overrated character this side of Mighty.

How can Big possibly be overrated when he is one of the absolute least popular characters in the series?

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 1

How can Big possibly be overrated when he is one of the absolute least popular characters in the series?

In addition to that, Mighty isn't really all that popular either, he's usually the least requested scrapped character to be brought back along with Ray.

I've become convinced that when people use the term overrated, they generally don't take into account whether or not the thing in question has garnered a consensus that's overwhelmingly negative. So basically, if someone likes it and they don't, it's "overrated."

• Thumbs Up 7

Quite upsetting news for me, Big was one of my favorite characters. He was overall pretty unique for the series, his design had little influence by that of Sonic's, his personality gave him that loveable oaf type of charm to him, and on a personal note my love of frogs slightly stemmed from his. Right now I'm hoping that this info is not entirely valid, and hopefully instead of flat out scrapping him, they actually do something with him to make him seem more like a likeable character. Though even if our beloved oaf ends up getting scrapped, he'll always be

inside of our hearts

Big has been scrapped? Oh, what a happy day to be a Sonic fan!

I had to play through five mind-numbingly dull fishing stages to get the Super Sonic storyline in Sonic Adventure. I'll never forgive, but I really wish I could forget.

Big was the number one character on my Sonic hitlist. Next up, Cream the Rabbit.

Is your hitlist my most loved list?

1 - Has any attributes he's shown overblown and sometimes even outright falsely declared i.e Expert ability to pilot Tails' Tornado 2 when it was clear as day that he was hanging on for dear life in the cutscene depicting it and also crashed it as indicated by Super Sonic's story.

2 - Has been, more than once, declared the indisputably best character in the series by far. Note; Indisputably.

3 - Has had his devotion to a Frog put on a higher pedestal than other character's far more heroic and self-sacrificial endeavor's.

I'm neither one way or the other about Big, I just feel complete apathy to the prospect of him being retired and honestly cannot give a damn. I'd be lying if I said the contrary.

Edited by Verte

I... I think I'm gonna cry....

TT~TT

No really though I think they should keep him around as a joke.

• Thumbs Up 1