Awoo.

Big the Cat is officially retired

jeremycarrier

Any of those so called "True Sonic Fans" posting topics about how this is a good thing and that this should be done to all characters to return Sonic to his glory days on the net?

Any of those so called "True Sonic Fans" posting topics about how this is a good thing and that this should be done to all characters to return Sonic to his glory days on the net?

Suprisingly no. A lot of threads on other forums have just been praising the fact that big has been scrapped and nothing more.

Big's campaign isn't really all that frustrating outside of perhaps his Chaos boss.
Really? I always felt that was the easiest part. Just cast in his general direction and more often than not the "battle" ends right there.

Really? I always felt that was the easiest part. Just cast in his general direction and more often than not the "battle" ends right there.

Is it really that easy? I could never get the hang of it. I go in with the mindset that you're supposed to actually aim for and get Froggy out, which leads to me apparently missing a lot of the time, as well as abandoning my current spot in the arena because Chaos got a little too close for comfort. It's not a long boss battle I admit, but I feel like I win out of luck. :\

Why are you looking around for such topics? I'm sure that there is or some topics like that will pop up eventually.

Is it really that easy? I could never get the hang of it. I go in with the mindset that you're supposed to actually aim for and get Froggy out, which leads to me apparently missing a lot of the time, as well as abandoning my current spot in the arena because Chaos got a little too close for comfort. It's not a long boss battle I admit, but I feel like I win out of luck. :\

I'm pretty sure aiming doesn't amount to much.

Why are you looking around for such topics? I'm sure that there is or some topics like that will pop up eventually.

I wasn't. I was just asking.

OH! 500th POST!

Edited by Enigmatus

I think it actually would've been worth having Big in Generations at the party, just so instead of getting trapped in a stage like the other characters, he just randomly appears everywhere and in the end gets trapped in the white space. Just for the added Eggman/Robotnik final scene lolz.

Edited by Wordy

I think it actually would've been worth having Big in Generations at the party, just so instead of getting trapped in a stage like the other characters, he just randomly appears everywhere and in the end gets trapped in the white space. Just for the added Eggman/Robotnik final scene lolz.

Hehe yea,that would've been pretty cool biggrin.png

Tho they couldn't really have the whole ''frozen scenario'' with Big anyway,since that would obviously imply them having to make another level thus making other era's unbalanced in terms of numbers.

Tho...we could always replace Cream with Big *shot* or just...make the damn DLC's....plz?

Come on now,just imagine how awesome a side-mission with him would be @o@...

...holding out a fishing net...while Big attempts to reel in poor Froggy from the depths of Planet Wisp's purple watery abyss...the suspennsseeee!

*khm*

On a more serious note...

I don't see why they can't keep him just as a npc or a cameo here and there,him as a playable is pretty much out of the question...

but if future games have hub worlds,putting in such characters would be a nice touch (Unleashed humans are good and all...but I would like to see more Sonic styled critters as npcs...kinda like those Koalas in Rush Adventure,they have simpler designs and don't stand out as much as the main cast which makes it pretty suitable imo).

Edited by Kimb

The only person in the world that grinds on his crotch is officially gone.

This actually makes me sad.

I was never a fan of him, but I sure as hell wouldn't have mind if he was used as a NPC. Why retire him?

• Thumbs Up 2

Popping in again

Did anyone else read the title as Big the cat is officially retarded?

Anywho, who's going to be next on Segas list?

I can understand why Big went. There's nothing much you can do with him I hate to say.

As a final send off, here is a picture I drew. Goodbye Big, at least you'll have company where your going

002.jpg
  • Thumbs Up 9

You know since Big's fanbase has gotten bigger when Sega announced they were gonna scrap him, just imagine how much Silver's fanbase will skyrocket if Sega decided to scrap him as well.

EDIT: I just noticed something, since Big is headed to the scrap heap then that means a sequel to Chronicles is impossible now! :(

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

And to think people's love for Big and his badass status was just a joke...

It wasn't a joke to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now I feel sorry for Big because if I say stuff like that, they won't be laughing with me, they'd be laughing AT me and that is no good.

Why do I get the feeling that the first thing certain groups are going to scream after seeing this are "GOOD JOB SEGA! NOW GET RID OF EVERY OTHER CHARACTER EXCEPT SONIC AND EGGMAN SO WE, "THE TRUE SONIC FANS", WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER MORE!

http://forums.sega.c...l=1#post7374580

YES!!!!! Start trimming that character list even more Sega!

:v

I never laughed at any of Big's dialogue in Chronicles.

Or any other character for that matter.

Why do I always read the topic title as "Big the Cat is officially retarded"?

Ontopic: I like Big's cameos and lines in the games. They are fun to go through. It would be a shame if he really stops appearing.

• Thumbs Up 3