Awoo.

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Pawn

Seeing as it can't be long until this hits Xbox Live/PSN/Steam, I thought I'd make a topic for it. So without further ado, from Sega and Arkedo this Summer...

Hell Yeah!

Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

"You are Ash, a devil rabbit and the prince of Hell. When some jerk finds it funny to post your secret intimate photos all over the Hell-ternet, you get VERY angry. Time to seek him out and destroy him once and for all. While you’re at it, why not use this incredible journey to kill everybody else?

It’s you against all Hell. It’s Hell Yeah!"

6994226556_e916935248_z.jpg

More screens:

6994226612_e559a50913_z.jpg

7160390275_f9a0b57536_z.jpg

7160390071_1a1de665e7_z.jpg

Edited by Lungo

It reminds me of Jazz Jackrabbit, as in it's a fast 2D platformer about a rabbit with guns that goes out of it's way to make sure you don't take the game seriously. Except, the rabbit in this game is dead. It's looking fantastic and I really can't wait for it.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

i'm not bothered about this, i thought the trailer and game would be more over the top for how they hyped it on their website, just looks like more cartoony Metal Slug styled game.

This looks too damn awesome. I'm sure to get this on steam.

It reminds me of Jazz Jackrabbit, as in it's a fast 2D platformer about a rabbit with guns that goes out of it's way to make sure you don't take the game seriously. Except, the rabbit in this game is dead. It's looking fantastic and I really can't wait for it.

I actually got to play this a bit while I was at E3. It was really a lot of fun. While I only played through the first level and boss, I think I have a feel for the mechanics and things that make the game tick. The visuals are really nice, the controls work well, the platforming is smooth and well-placed, and the jokes and dialogue are really funny and vulgar, but then, I have a dirty mind. I honestly didn't want to stop playing, even the Sega employees wanted me to stay because I was enjoying it so much, but I wanted to see more of the expo so I had to put it down (plus other people were waiting anyway). I wouldn't mind shelling out about 15 bucks for a game like this. Oh, and the amount of blood is ridiculous. Really. Though it gives the game some of its charm.

Edited by Vemus
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

I'd almost forgotten about this, the way it went under the radar all Summer, but:

And now, what we have all been waiting for … SEGA and Arkedo are happy to reveal that Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be available to download in North America on September 25 for PlayStation Network, September 26 on Xbox LIVE Arcade, and October 3 for PC digital download for $14.99/1200MSP/$14.99 respectively. In Europe, Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit will be available for all three platforms on October 3 for 1200MSP/£9.99/€12.99/AUD$19.95.

http://blogs.sega.co...l-in-hell-yeah/

• 1 month later...

Did anyone know about the following.

1: The games trophies have been revealed?

2: There is a free dynamic theme on the PSN for PSN+ users?

3: Unless you've been seriously following this game... the name of any of the characters in it?

If you answered no to those questions... yes you would be right. Sega have borked another promotion of a game that looked amazing. How bad have they borked this game? Would you believe it's out tomorrow? Yet unless you include the PAX merch update and the Eurogamer one. there hasn't been a single update about it on their own blog since August 20th... over a month ago!

Heres another game thats going to bomb because Sega just doesn't seem to care anymore about it's own products! This game won awards at every convention it's been too, people who have played it say it's a lot of fun, yet Sega isn't promoting it?

If you pre order it on steam (It's coming out in like a week) you get a bunch of Genesis roms. By the way, I think Valve has done more to promote this game than Sega.

Edited by Phos

huh.png I thought this game was cancelled.

I understand SEGA's been pretty quiet, but why would you think it had been cancelled?

Edited by Blue Blood

I understant SEGA's been pretty quiet, but why would you think it had been cancelled?

Honestly I was only aware of one trailer being shown and that was the original launch trailer. Beyond that I havent heard or seen anything about this game and just figured something went down and it got cancelled.

..Yes. It's coming out tomorrow. September 25th on PSN and September 26th on XBLA and October 3rd on PC.

It says it on the main website.

Edited by Chooch

It sort of reminds me of Earthworm Jim. The detail, bright colours and disgusting humour. I think I might enjoy the horrible, OTT deaths.

The whole full game is free for EU PS+ users. Om nom.

Awww man, I'm on vacation and away from the PS3 for a few weeks... might end up missing this one =(

Edit US PSN+ users get 20% off!

Anyone but me thinks that this games looks like a mess visually?

Everything is so bright and colorful and there's so much stuff on the screen at a time that it looks like it's almost impossible to keep track with your character.