Awoo.

The humans in sonic unleashed.

Djawed

I was referring to body and face structure. In Twilight Princess, Link looks as close to human as us, yet, a character like Malo (kid from ordon village) could fit right into Unleashed. Just add GI lighting to him.

All the characters in every Zelda game (except for Link, Zelda, Ganon, and usually - the incidental character of the week), look - for lack of a better word "cartooney". They all have exaggerated features, which is what Phos means when he says it shares the same art style. The main characters are generally not as wacky so they can be distinguished as important, and Link remains the most normal looking because he's an avatar for the player.

Edited by JezMM

All the characters in every Zelda game (except for Link, Zelda, Ganon, and usually - the incidental character of the week), look - for lack of a better word "cartooney". They all have exaggerated features, which is what Phos means when he says it shares the same art style. The main characters are generally not as wacky so they can be distinguished as important, and Link remains the most normal looking because he's an avatar for the player.

Yes, you are on the money here. After all, why do they allow you to change Link and his horse's names? Because he is you. However, the one time Link didn't look normal was Wind Waker, but seeing as I haven't played that game I'm not sure if the avatar thing went on there as well.

*Moderator’s note*

Please no more posts with links that make your internet exploring’s window go crazy and becoming difficult, impossible to some, to shut down. We keep this place clean, yush. Dx

That’s all, do carry on with the topic now. ^-^

I like Sonic being with realistic people, like in Sonic Adventure or Sonic 06. The worst was in Sonic Chronicles.

Why? The art styles completely clash and it makes no sense.

Personally, I don't mind the NPCs not looking "perfect" and having distorted features like in Unleashed, it makes Sonic himself seem all that much cooler since he's so slick looking compared to the other more comical looking NPCs. I'm hoping SEGA keep human NPCs looking as they did in Unleashed for future games, but if they're to do anything for Needlemouse, I'd like to see humans, town stages, and NPCs in general out of that game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Sonic being with realistic people, like in Sonic Adventure or Sonic 06. The worst was in Sonic Chronicles.

Really? It seems to me that SATBK's were the worst, whether you like realistic or otherwise. They looked like the lovechild of a Klingon and a pencil eraser.

Those things that you had to give rings to were supposed to be humans?! WTF?!

I belive there was some kind of curse on them, but regardless, it was an ugly design.

The SatBK site says they're "not strictly human" and that they breathe carbon dioxide like plants. So definitely not human, possibly some sort of plant-people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its called being lazy on Sega's behalf. They could have come up with a better design for those villagers in Black Knight. They just look like robed walking turds with eyeballs.

How the hell is that supposed to be equated to the Tales of King Arthur?

Edited by Dejablue

It's called "Cartoonism" and it's done very often. There is other art styles other than Animu.

Also, they looked great, what do you want, generic anime guy #3 and #2 giving you a mission, or someone who's face you'll remember and know when you see it? None of the NPCs in Unleashed were generic, they all had their own look, and nobody was copied at all.

However, the humans in SA and '06 BOTH had generic people running around everywhere. I don't like that much, so I'll pass.

It's called "Cartoonism" and it's done very often. There is other art styles other than Animu.

Also, they looked great, what do you want, generic anime guy #3 and #2 giving you a mission, or someone who's face you'll remember and know when you see it? None of the NPCs in Unleashed were generic, they all had their own look, and nobody was copied at all.

However, the humans in SA and '06 BOTH had generic people running around everywhere. I don't like that much, so I'll pass.

You won the topic.