Awoo.

Rumor: Retro Studios's Wii U title facing rocky development

Tails spin

I will not complain if Retro's game is simply DKCR 2. The first game was fantastic, if they make another one with all original level themes and new stuff I would cream. A new IP is more than welcome as well, but just saying.

Among Retro's most recent recruits is Allison Theus, the artist for the gaming web vid series Extra Credits, who also worked at Vigil Games as a character artist before THQ's layoffs happened. The latest Extra Credits episode mentioned at the beginning that she's taking a few weeks off from working on the show partly so she can settle in to her new job, and I grinned from ear to ear when I saw the Retro Studios logo come up. Nice! She's an extremely talented artist (just one look at her portfolio shows as much), and I look forward to seeing Retro's new project.

• Thumbs Up 4

I will not complain if Retro's game is simply DKCR 2. The first game was fantastic, if they make another one with all original level themes and new stuff I would cream. A new IP is more than welcome as well, but just saying.

Wait. Retro turned down Grant Kirkhope? Whhhy? ;_;

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

All the secrecy suggests a new IP, if not completely new, at least new to retro.

They've said it's "something everyone wants us to make", so it's probably not a new IP. The most prevalent assumption as of now is that it's a Star Fox game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I could be wrong but I think if it was DKCR2 we would have heard about it by now, I'd imagine if it was just a sequel they'd have no need to keep it under wraps right?

Edited by Ekaje

Retro turned down Grant Fucking Kirkhope?!?!?! That would have been a match made in heaven if they were to make another DK game. Or another anything game really.

Retro, I am disappoint.

• Thumbs Up 3