Awoo.

The Sonic topic of utter positivity

Speedy

Sonic and Tails yes, I could badger Sega about how often Tails seemed sidelined, but one thing I do respect the new writers for is that they seem to have made amends for it.

Plus, this.

5ef04ecc.jpg

Do want.

These are only available at Sega joypolis though.

This inspired me to play Unleashed again, I do love that game's music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7jYjEPBibE&hd=1

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

BIG ARM

I have just done a quick playthrough of Sonic 3 (alone).

I would just like to say that I fucking love the Big Arm Boss in Launch Base Zone-Act 2.

LBZBoss3Tails.png

It has been a long time since I played Sonic 3 on it's own (not S3&K), so I hadn't played the Big Arm Boss in a Sonic playthrough for a while. So I played the game as Sonic today. I got to the Big Arm final boss. I was Super Sonic with about 300 rings, and at my first attack attempt......................

.................the big arm grabbed Sonic, smashed him to the ground and I lost Super Sonic and nearly all my rings. Once I had hit hm seven times, I then lost my one remaining ring. So I had to hit the boss one more time with no rings. I was shitting myself. I some how managed to hit the boss one more time without dying, thus defeating it. Relief.

I just think that the Big Arm is an awesome boss and it's such a shame that it was removed from the S3&K lock-on. I mean, none of the awesome bosses in Death Egg Zone can take away your Super Sonic form like the Big Arm.

Anyway, I just think it's a great boss.

Edited by NightwingKnux
  • Thumbs Up 1

See Sonic Team writers? Eggman is more dangerous to Super Sonic that any old Monster Of The Week ever was.

See Sonic Team writers? Eggman is more dangerous to Super Sonic that any old Monster Of The Week ever was.

...Hence how he reverts Sonic in the Unleashed opening just by electrically shocking him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Unleashed, I liked the Werehog. It brought out a side of Sonic that we never get to see, like how he can be pretty short tempered, get upset (like when Amy didn't recognise him) and show a level of ferocity and fighting skill he never uses.

Plus he was fuzzy, can't argue with fuzzy.

• Thumbs Up 7

Tails and Sonic's relationship is one of the only things in the series that I think has never been messed up. All the above examples are great, specifically those in Sonic Colors. One possible reason why many people hate having so many other characters is because less time is spent focusing on Sonic/Tails moments.

Also, the same example in which Sonic defends Tails at the end of Sonic Colors brings up a great Sonic/Eggman moment. In which

Eggman claims Sonic foils even his speeches. I love that there's this immature part of Eggman that wants both to destroy Sonic, but also enjoy seeing the look on his face as he unveils whatever over-the-top creation he builds next. Sonic realizes this and takes the opportunity to rip on him.

In Unleashed and on, pretty much every scene with Eggman in it is gold.

Honestly, there aren't a lot of other character relationships in the series I care about as long as these two stay in top form.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just played Tidal Tempest Zone in Sonic CD, which is definitely my favourite level. I just love everything about it. It's design, the routes, the colours of the different time periods and the boss with the air bubbles around it.

I also think that both the US and JP soundtracks for this zone are superb. Special mention to the US Bad future track. Really does give a post-apocalyptic kind of feeling, which fits the 'devastated' look of that zone so perfectly.

Also, the JP good future music. I always get a 'The Spy Who Loved Me' (James Bond-Roger Moore film) kind of vibe, where the main villian lives in pods on the ocean floor. Some of the music in that film feels similar to the JP good future. What do you think?

Edited by NightwingKnux

I loved nearly all the characterizations in Sonic Chronicles (with Sonic himself being a notable exception, but since this is supposed to be a positive topic, i wont dwell on that). Knuckles wasnt an idiot and was treated seriously by others, Tails got to put his intelligence and maturity to the best of use due to for once getting to ba a leader, Eggman was pretty much at both his most comical and most competent (and the characters treated him as a serious threat), Rouge got to deliver a lot of funny, snarky quips and Omega was just plain hilarious (my favorite line of his is when Tails suggests that they should work together with Eggman and Omega says "ORANGE FOREST CREATURE HAS GONE MAD. RECOMMEND IMMEDIATE DESTRUCTION."). If the writers could only have gotten Sonic himself right, i would have loved it if those writers would have written for all the Sonic games from then on.

Edited by batson
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just played Tidal Tempest Zone in Sonic CD, which is definitely my favourite level. I just love everything about it. It's design, the routes, the colours of the different time periods and the boss with the air bubbles around it.

I also think that both the US and JP soundtracks for this zone are superb. Special mention to the US Bad future track. Really does give a post-apocalyptic kind of feeling, which fits the 'devastated' look of that zone so perfectly.

Also, the JP good future music. I always get a 'The Spy Who Loved Me' (James Bond-Roger Moore film) kind of vibe, where the main villian lives in pods on the ocean floor. Some of the music in that film feels similar to the JP good future. What do you think?

And the US present goes so well with The Fresh Prince of Bel Air:

but then the Prince fits everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do I even have to say which Sonic character is my favorite?

Well it's definitely a cat, so it must be....

583px-Big_SA.png

• Thumbs Up 3

... The Joker? I don't think he was a Sonic character...

I know it's Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think my favorite character is Tails, right next to Sonic. Tails is awesome 'cause he's smart and he's really cute, and Sonic is awesome because he's Sonic :P

Do I even need to say who my favorite character is? :3

Hmmmm, now let me think. When this character was first introduced, he was a fierce rival to Sonic. Unfortunately, he is now limited to the occasional cameo and doesn't chuckle.....

696px-Big_heroes.png

-The Joker- you thought I was going to say Shadow, didn't you? tongue.png Instead of Knuckles.

Edited by NightwingKnux
  • Thumbs Up 1

Positive mode: GO!

pic8.jpg

This motherfucker right here. This guy... this is the fucking guy right here. Back in the day man, he was this rad red motherfucker who kicked ass and ate grapes, and he was all outta grapes. He was why I loved this series the way I did, guys, this Rastafarian red piece of shit flexed his muscles and never chuckled unlike that stupid asshole Sonic, he ripped down walls with his fuck-off-huge fists without even noticing they were there, man, he could fly with his goddamned dreadlocks, he was the one and only insane motherfucker that is Knuckles the Echidna. I loved this guy with every goddamn ounce of positivity in my scrawny little being.

Then 2006-2012 happened ;_;

But do I care? Hell naw, man. The time when this guy was that red Jamaican who meant serious fucking business was one hell of a ride, and even if they appear to be decreasing his IQ and likability, not to mention he isn't even one of the deuteragonists (alongside his bro Miles "Tails" Prower) anymore, even if you'd think they were TRYING to make a certain black-and-red Hedgehog whose name escapes me seem like a superior character, Knux will always be why I got into this series and one of the best freakin' things it ever created. I know one day he'll finally make his grand return. >=D

Edited by The Merry Joker
  • Thumbs Up 7