Awoo.

The Sonic topic of utter positivity

Speedy

I may get a lot of stick for this, but . . .

Sonic Rush Adventure is one of the best and most fun games ever. Sure Marine can be annoying, but everything else is so nicely done and I love it. Seriously. Love it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love the section in SA1 where: you have gone through the Mystic Ruins hub world. You then take the cart and you stand on a small ridge high above, looking down at a vast jungle with the Temple in the distance. Underneath the jungle is the maze of paths and swamps. The scene is truely breathtaking. Especially when you dive/float down as Knuckles and land in this vast jungle. Certainly one of the high points of SA1 (no pun intended).

Edited by MilesKnightwing
  • Thumbs Up 3

I love how in the tails story in SA1, I've played it so many times, I don't have to look for that emerald right before the Sand Hill subgame. I don't even touch the ground before activating the cutscene by flying to it.

Also, I like all of the following gameplay styles from the SA's:

1. Sonic (SA1/SA2/Shadow)

2. Tails

3. Treasure Hunting

4. Mech (and Gamma)

5. Amy (sometimes)

I like all the characters gameplay in SA with the sole exception of Big. I dont get why so many people seem to dislike for instance Amy's and Gamma's stages.

• Thumbs Up 3

I DON'T hate the Sonic Rush physics!! biggrin.png

Sure, the physics in the Rush games were kind of bad, what with Sonic being able to walk up walls. But they didn't by any means make the games less enjoyable.

Edited by TwilightStarling
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like all the characters gameplay in SA with the sole exception of Big. I dont get why so many people seem to dislike for instance Amy's and Gamma's stages.

I know, right? The only reason I said sometimes for Amy is because when you try to go uphill, she becomes a turtle, and occasionally Zaro is a hassle. I honestly don't get why mech or treasure hunting gets all the heat it gets. I mean, I can understand that they are different from the classics, but I still think they are really fun, plus, in the mech stages, it isn't like you have to shoot every last enemy, plus they aren't all that slow, slower than Sonic, but still quite fast. Even in Gamma's case, the only time where you have to shoot as many enemies as possible is in Hot Shelter. All the other stages are short enough that the time limit isn't a problem.

I play both adventures even to this day, and I have a blast each time. I also do not see all the glitches everyone raves about. I guess I just don't go to every corner of the games trying to find them. The only times glitches have occured to me whileplaying the adventure games is in three instances in SA1: there is a spot in emerald coast where i can clip through the floor, and the same thing sometimes happens in two places in Final Egg. That's. About. It. Having said that, I have heard the PAL copies have an odd problem with a double jump. But i haven't heard of any other specific glitches, just the exaggeration or " the adventure games have thousands of them"

It's not saying much but, Sonic next gen is a much better game than Sonic Genesis (Gameboy)

Now that I think about it, Sonic Genesis destroyed a classic game, making it unplayable. At least 06 had some (very rarely) playable spots, but Sonic Genesis has NO playable areas. The framerate, horrid remixed music, fucked up physics, the cropped screen size, and even the simple controls are fucked up thanks to the delay. DX

• Thumbs Up 4

I love nearly (Silver and Shadow I'm lookin' at ya!) all of Sonic's friends, rivals and enemies! They're such a colourful bunch of friendly or fierce faces that each have their own story and charm. They're mostly so diverse and I like how they each have their own friends and enemies. I don't think they're shitty like most people and personally I think Sonic's friends/rivals need to be more important to the series.

I enjoyed the alternate playstyles -mostly- in SA1/SA2. Knuckles' levels had some nice exploration and while Tails' SA2 gameplay is awful compared to SA1, it was epic blowing the military's prize stuff to shit as Dr. Robotnik. I enjoyed playing as Amy and never once got bored, they had a neat adrenaline rush considering Amy is quite slow. It wasn't until '06 I found alternate playstyles to be too weird and not very Sonicy.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a bump, but I think this thread still has a bit of life in it yet.

I really quite like the character design, both classic and modern, I like the assimilation of anime and western style,the high stylisation,and the the cast of quite literally colourful characters.

On a smaller note I also quite like the attempt to move Eggman's quite characteristic "Ho ho ho ho ho!" laugh from Japanese to English.

Edited by Mysterics
  • Thumbs Up 1

Positive, eh? How about a top ten list of franchises that need to die:

ttp://www.gametrailers.com/videos/cra0qv/screwattack-s-top-ten-top-10-franchises-that-should-die

On Gametrailers.

Where Sonic isn't in the list.

EDIT: Add an "h" at the start of the adress, because embedding this video won't work.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 3

Positive, eh? How about a top ten list of franchises that need to die:

ttp://www.gametrailers.com/videos/cra0qv/screwattack-s-top-ten-top-10-franchises-that-should-die

On Gametrailers.

Where Sonic isn't in the list.

EDIT: Add an "h" at the start of the adress, because embedding this video won't work.

Wait, Gametrailers makes a top 10 list that doesn't bash Sonic? Maybe they finally got the message from their users that Sonic bashing has gotten old.

No form of media means more to me emotionally than Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

The series has kept consistently amazing music as well.

Satam is a great series in my opinion. It can make me cry at times.

In my opinion there is no character that looks cooler than Sonic.

Just sharing some positives.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I adore Amy as a character, gameplay and characterization. She is just so cute with her affection towards Sonic. Especially great is in Sonic Shuffle, when her dream is to be a hero like Sonic, not love him. She's one of the most endearing characters in the series.

I'd like to see Sonic and the rest of the characters* become iconic on the same level as, say, Mickey Mouse. I really hope they have the staying power, and part of me thinks that they very well might.

*with the exception of Silver and, maybe, Shadow. They can dick off for all I care.

*with the exception of Silver and, maybe, Shadow. They can dick off for all I care.

Hey that"s not utter positivity. Wheres your spirit.

I'd like to see Sonic and the rest of the characters* become iconic on the same level as, say, Mickey Mouse. I really hope they have the staying power, and part of me thinks that they very well might.

Also Wave and Storm can dick off too.

However, Sonic Colors is great. IMO, it's the best Sonic game since Adventure 1. The story reminds me of AOSTH very much. Sonic's who he should story-wise: edgy and irreverent. The only bad thing is the lack of playable Tails.

You're right.

I'm utterly positive that they can both dick off! biggrin.png

There you go.

Now I can honestly say that I like every single character in the sonic universe.

I think the Sonic franchise is great with many classic games (Sonic 1, CD, 2, 3 And Knuckles and Generations - haters gonna hate), many good games (Sonic Triple Trouble, Tails Adventures, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing) and games that are so bad that they are good (Sonic R, and Sonic 2006 purely because of how terrible it was). Then there are the games that are mediocre but are fun if you are a fan (Sonic Adventure 1+2, Shadow I guess :P and Heroes).

I know a lot of people attack the Sonic franchise nowadays but that's a lot of decent games there. How many franchises can say they have 5 classic games?

Edited by Bright Eyes
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is true... and I find that the great ones are also so replayable. I've lost count how many times I have played all the way through Sonic 2, Sonic 3/and Knuckles... I'm also gonna be a total sucker and pick up Sonic Adventure 2 when it is released on Steam. I played it on someone else's Gamecube back in the day so I didn't get to play it much, but I found it enjoyable enough.

• Thumbs Up 3