Awoo.

Thoughts about sonic 06

Light_Framez

What are your thoughts about this game? don't worry i expect to here at least a couple rants or swearing from one of you. & also tell me why you think it's a good game/a crappy game .

Lol this guy is a riot, hysterical.

Sonic 06 is bad because it isn't what it could have been. Though that could be said about alot of games, the huge visibility of it in 06 is well...huge.

lol

Ineresting, did anyone tell you the story about why sonic 06 failed?

Edited by Light_Framez

Ineresting, did anyone tell you the story about why sonc 06 failed?

I've heard the fables. Pissy Microsoft, rush to launch, etc.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Utterly abysmal. The only games that can compete with it as far as being terrible are the worst of the shovelware, but weighting them by their relevance to the series it's easily the worst (and considering games like ShtH and SatBK, that's no easy feat).

It's just...there is seriously nothing good here. And it was supposed to be a celebration for the series.

• Thumbs Up 7

You got some of it jotted down. but here's the full story. sonic 06 was going to be sonic adventure 3. for some reason the characters were more polished in the beta version compared to the full game itself. reason is because sega was struggling with a few problems. & no microsoft & playstation didn't rush them at all. it was the new staff member who convinced sega to finish the game for sonic's 15th birthday, new staff came along because some of the staff actually left because of something that involved the game, i dont quite remember. So that means they had 3 months to finish the game and a WEEK to do the voice acting.

If none of this happened. Sonic 06 would probably have been the best modern sonic game.

Edited by Light_Framez

Utterly abysmal. The only games that can compete with it as far as being terrible are the worst of the shovelware, but weighting them by their relevance to the series it's easily the worst (and considering games like ShtH and SatBK, that's no easy feat).

It's just...there is seriously nothing good here. And it was supposed to be a celebration for the series.

When you say the worst of shovelware I'm lumping that with terrible party games, no it was still SOMEWHAT playable and the music was great. And on a side note, Black Knight gets alot of flack, but it did a TON of things right, for starters it handled multiple playable characters well, of course the music was on point, it fixed the control scheme of Secret Rings (while also in the process adding a few problems in regards to the responsiveness in the swordplay) to where you can actually use the control stick, the voice acting wasn't COMPLETE garbage, and there was alot fanservice with the art and such. Edited by Dr.SuperJXJ

And on a side note, Black Knight gets alot of flack, but it did a TON of things right,
On the other hand, a fucking sword.
  • Thumbs Up 9

No, it would still be shit. '06 has problems far deeper than just being a rush job.

And what problems would those be that couldn't have been weeded out during extra developement time?

Sonic '06 sucks ass. The controls were the worst in the franchise by far. The story was laughable and equally disturbing. Sonic walked through all his stages. SIlver is the worst character ever and made the game even worse. Elise...don't even get me started. On and on with the complaints, and rightfully so.

Not finishing the game in time is no excuse. The game was far from being half-finished, and Sonic fans knew about it well before a year that it came out. I'm sure it had plenty of development even before then.

And what problems would those be that couldn't have been weeded out during extra developement time?

Would you like your birthday present a year and a half after your birthday?

Edited by UltDevilDoom
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the other hand, a fucking sword.

You seem to dislike EVERY gimmick, so with all due respect I take that with a pint of piss unless you can telly me why just the mere fact of Sonic having a sword in a non-mainstream title is so awful. Again, it's all about the execution and how well the gimmick is utilized, not just its mere existence and being there. *looks at Super Mario Sunshine's FLUDD and how well that did*

EDIT: (Hope I'm not coming across too strong here, I really mean no disrespect)

Would you like your birthday present a year and a half after your birthday?

I don't fully understand this analogy or its relevency D:

Call me slow but I really don't know how to respond lol

Edited by Dr.SuperJXJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

Go ahead. i love

No, it would still be shit. '06 has problems far deeper than just being a rush job.

But you don't know that do you? All of you guys need to focus on what sonic 06 could've done well or what it already did well.

It did have alot of shit going on. but there were "some" good things. which shows that Sega was on the right track.

Edited by Light_Framez

If its a birthday present when not on a birthday, it might as well be a spontaneous present. However this is the equivilant of getting a jack-in-the-box as a gift with a sledgehammer instead of a clown inside and it deploys in your face. Ouch.

All of you guys need to focus on what sonic 06 could've done well or what it already did well.

I can assume that the music was at least one good thing the game did well and most would agree.

Edited by Major Ziggy

For a game that came out in 06 . the graphics looks ok. back then they still had the same engine they used for the old gen consoles like the xbox orginal , gamecube etc. so the engines we have today were still in development back when 06 came out.

Music.

Characters had something unique about them, some were clones (knuckles&rogue etc), but it still worked. im someone who doesn't want to play a sonic game with the same formula WITH the same character in every game.

character design. where everyone got there first HD modern look.

There you go.

Edited by Light_Framez

No, not really. And any quality in a technical sense is ruined by its bland "realistic" art style and terrible character designs.

Is not that great.

Then why the fuck do you follow a series? They had already spent way too much time making gameplay that has no business being in a Sonic game before '06 came about.

You mean being fuck-ugly? Because the characters are fuck-ugly.

I follow it because i believe sega can do a fucking better job at making games for him. problem?

Reason why sega had there minds tied in knotes was because of the fans themselves. telling sega to do this and that like they own them. which is why there games arent as good anymore.

I follow it because i believe sega can do a fucking better job at making games for him. problem?
When you praise the games for doing random shit because you're too ADHD-addled to enjoy one kind of gameplay, yeah. If you want something different from each game, buy different kinds of games. Don't encourage Sonic Team to insert whatever random shit seems popular to pad their games.

Reason why sega had there minds tied in knotes was because of the fans themselves. telling sega to do this and that like they own them. which is why there games arent as good anymore.
First off, this is a fucking joke considering you want alternate gameplay styles, since you're just encouraging them to flit from one random idea to another. Second, the fans started complaining in earnest after Sonic Team started fucking up, not before. And please, don't treat a company as if they're some bullied child; if they can't get their shit together and pick out the good complaints from the bad, that's just one more reason to criticize them. Edited by ^DiZnEy^
  • Thumbs Up 9

Or.

Or.

Everybody could simmer down because it's just a freaking video game? Or is that too much to ask?

• Thumbs Up 5

Look, all I'M saying is that it isn't fair to not give credit where it is due. To say Sonic 06 is COMPLETE trash and of absolutely NO value is somewhat ridiculous.....in my opinion.

Or.

Or.

Everybody could simmer down because it's just a freaking video game? Or is that too much to ask?

It isn't, I'm cool. I don't need any trouble D:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! OPINIONS ON A FORUM!?

Really. What was the point?

It seemed as if he was speaking as if what he said was fact. Just pointing it out. Edited by Dr.SuperJXJ

Or.

Or.

Edited by T-Man
  • Thumbs Up 3

'06 is trash. It went down in history as one of the absolute worst Sonic games ever. Nothing anyone says or does can change that.

I still don't think '06 is defendable.

• Thumbs Up 1

But! But! But! Arguing is fun! D:

But yeah, Sonic 06 is one of those few games that you can seriously say is truly, objectively, indefensibly, undeniably, and factually bad. I don't say that about a lot of games (and I get pretty annoyed when people do), but really, no matter who you are, no matter what you say, no matter how much you pretend you "enjoy" it, this game goes beyond garbage. I'd probably honestly call it one of the worst I've ever played. Even aside from the fact that it's 100% broken, the general design of the game is simply disgusting. I really don't even see what people mean when they say "But it had good level design!" It's just...bland. Really...horribly...despicably...bland. Not to mention that the story was simply insulting, from the plot holes to the voice acting to the bestiality to the fact that it was pointlessly convoluted for a game about a talking blue hedgehog.

But it IS complete trash and of absolutely no value! D:

I'm sorry, but do we honestly need to preface every harsh statement with "I disagree" or "in my opinion"? Opinions are opinions and, and unless you are explicitly told that what someone is saying is fact (when it's not) or that you're wrong for feeling the way you do, there is no reason what-so-freaking-ever to react the way you did.

Actually, much as I love the Adventure games, I would contest that genre roulette being a bad idea, at least in some cases in the franchise, is an objective assessment.

But that's only my opinion.

I'll be honest, I've never really played Sonic 06, and from what I've seen I'm glad I didn't.

A cringe worthy storyline, ugly graphics, irritating bugs... Yeeeaaaah, I can definitely see why so many consider to be Sonic's worst game.

Edited by Wayward Vagabond